• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
That's what people said about Gurren Lagann. & LOOK WHAT HAPPENED.

.......it lead to a fun & positive group watch, along with great first impressions, so hopefully that'll happen with Hellsing Ultimate.

You guys will love it.

Look at this list of anime that has aired on Toonami in 2014

Attack on Titan
Space Dandy
Bleach
Naruto
Shippuden
One piece
dragonball z kai
Hellsing ultimate
Black lagoon
Soul eater
Sword art online
Ghost in the shell
Flcl
Fma: brotherhood
Cowboy bebop
Gurren Lagann

Damn thats an incredible list of anime

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fair warning for our critics of our fair anime, Alucard is a gary stu, but in the best possible way

Eh, tropes aren't a big deal. It's all in how you execute them, that's always what it's about. Better execution and SAO could have been great, same with Naruto. It's all about what you do with the tropes, not which ones you pick.

Look at this list of anime that has aired on Toonami in 2014

Attack on Titan
Space Dandy
Bleach
Naruto
Shippuden
One piece
dragonball z kai
Hellsing ultimate
Black lagoon
Soul eater
Sword art online
Ghost in the shell
Flcl
Fma: brotherhood
Cowboy bebop
Gurren Lagann

Damn thats an incredible list of anime

All in all, that's a damn good list of anime.

Seda

Eh, tropes aren't a big deal. It's all in how you execute them, that's always what it's about. Better execution and SAO could have been great, same with Naruto. It's all about what you do with the tropes, not which ones you pick.

Shikamaru is totally a Gary Stu, but still my favorite character in Naruto.

Gorillaz

Oh yeah, this also means 1-hour shows confirmed. Maybe eventually, we'll get Roberta's Blood Trail someday. At the very least, its chances of airing have risen, even if it's a slight chance.
If something like hellsing got on toonami and its an hour then its very likely blood trail ova will be on there eventually

the thing about a character who's a Gary Stu or overpowered or whatever you wanna call it, in my opinion, is execution. do they go about doing things in an interesting way? and i haven't watched Hellsing much, but with a character like Shikamaru the way he wins battles is frequently pretty clever and fun to watch. that's the difference between him and a guy like Kirito, who just sort of wins to the point where it's actually boring.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Alucard is always ALWAYS entertaining to watch, almost all the characters in hellsing ultimate are entertaining, but you will always love it when alucard is on screen

Moaradin

Hellsing, huh? That's great. I was planning to watch that in the near future. I'm surprised they got rid of OG Naruto. Thought that one had to stay for Shippuden.

wsippel

Banned
HOLY CRAP, this is gonna be awesome. It's one of those series that I've heard about & know it exists, but that's about it.

....also something about nazi vampire cat girls?

Also, any word on how much the series will get censored?
Sorry, Schrödinger is male.

wsippel

Banned
Fair warning for our critics of our fair anime, Alucard is a gary stu, but in the best possible way
I wouldn't call him a Gary Stu. He's fun,but he's also a mass murdering psychopath. The most sane character in the show is the major, and the only good character is the captain - and they're both Nazis. Not counting Seras because she never really understand what's going on. All the characters are fun, though.

BBboy20

IT WAS ME, BBboy20 who asked DeMarco about rather he knew about ToonamiGAF's existence.

I would have posted much earlier but Robin Williams' death and Ferguson just straight-up prevented me from even checking this thread.

Watching Gurren Lagaan, when they reached the surface:
knowshon-cries-2.gif

Didn't realized I missed this show so much.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Season 2 of Clone Wars has been so much better than season 3. Season 3's only real trump card so far were the pretty decent clone based episodes and the fact that like all seasons of the show the art improves dramatically.

Season 2 of Clone Wars has been so much better than season 3. Season 3's only real trump card so far were the pretty decent clone based episodes and the fact that like all seasons of the show the art improves dramatically.

Agree with this 100%

Clone Wars as a whole is by far the most inconsistent show on new Toonami. You can watch a random 5 episodes and think it's one of the best animated Star Wars shows ever or watch another random 5 episodes and think it's the worst thing to ever air on the block.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Clone Wars is getting a huge benefit by airing at the same time as BtB.

"Clone Wars looks awful!" Batman looks worse.
"Clone Wars is too kiddy!" Batman is aimed even lower.
"Clone Wars is shaming American Action Cartoons!" Batman makes clone wars look like Avatar:The Last Airbender by comparison.

Even better if Green Lantern shows up later. Green Lantern is ten times the show BtB is but it looks even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom