• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

I was secretly hoping we would be getting OG Naruto's second half but alas. Still, the Hellsing gifs we'll have. Oh the gifs!

Just saw the hellsing ultimate thing. pretty excited, i havent seen ultimate. ive seen most of the originals though. id say a worthy successor to black lagoon

Raxus

Just saw the hellsing ultimate thing. pretty excited, i havent seen ultimate. ive seen most of the originals though. id say a worthy successor to black lagoon

If you seen the original, take the crazy of that and ratchet it up by 1000.

HELLSING ULTIMATE VAGUE SPOILERS AHEAD DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO GO IN FRESH!

From what I gathered from the snippets. Alucard arrives in a jet to kill someone, there is an immortal character who seems to just be there for the lulz. An crazy as shit priest that regenerates. Also, Nazis.

ckohler

I'm not a horror anime fan but I'll give this show a try. Neat. :)
Hour long? I don't think I've ever seen an hour long anime series, either.
I'm glad OG Naruto is gone. Finally.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah, this also means 1-hour shows confirmed. Maybe eventually, we'll get Roberta's Blood Trail someday. At the very least, its chances of airing have risen, even if it's a slight chance.

Raxus

Poor OG Naruto.

When we last left him he was in the hands of a pervert. When we leave him again he will be stuck in the Forest of Death surrounded by enemy ninjas.

Stay losing Naruto.

Raxus

Replace FMA:B with Silver Spoon.

ACTION FARMING!

This will be a good warmup for DBZ Kai as many will be constantly quoting the abridged series lol.
I intend to stick a pin in that since it is a bad habit of mine and a few others and it can get really grating for others. Plus it isn't too hard to come up with jokes for either on the spot >.<

Seda

Mh9Vsh5.png

ckohler

I think Hellsing will be the first Toonami show where I have had absolutely ZERO exposure before it airs. I've not seen a single episode or even a single clip from it. I assume it's got vampires since Hellsing comes from from Dracula lore but that's just a guess.

Before this, I'd not seen but an episode or two if AoT and BtB at most.

Korigama

I saw the original Hellsing series years ago while Encore were still airing anime, but have never seen Ultimate. Just as well that they dropped the original Naruto, as it was a redundancy while Shippuden was there.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Been on a roll lately when it comes to shows I've avoided coming to TOONAMI.

Space Dandy (shouldn't count, world premiere, baby)
Attack on Titan
Hellsing Ultimate
Beware the Batman

Just watch this bite me in the ass when they announce Eureka Seven AO next year.

Never seen Hellsing except for that funimation clip someone posted a few days back. I'm not a big fan of horror anime but I'll go in with an open mind.

LOLDSFAN

Makes sense if the plan is to replace Black Lagoon with a rerun show like GitS S2 or FLCL (to eventually be replaced by Space Dandy when it ends). Doesn't make sense if they actually announce something new is coming to the block.

Nothing new that cost money is going at 3am, heck I wouldn't be surprised if Uncut Naruto slides up and a rerun takes that slot

We'll probably see something in the next week or two about a replacement. Makes sense for something old as we are getting TTGL next week and DBZ Kai in a few months (supposedly).

Buhahahaha oh ye of little faith!

Anywho, I don't think I'll be able to stay up that late for Hellsing. Black Lagoon getting pushed back by 30 minutes was hard enough. Now it's another 30 minutes since Hellsing will apparently be an hour long. I may just have to DVR it since I haven't seen it before.

ckohler

I wonder if Hellsing is a direct response to people saying they wanted "darker" shows in the feedback. Or maybe, they already planned to show Hellsing and planted the "want us to go darker?" question in advance to be sure. Then once people said YES to darker, they moved forward.

Personally, I thought that "darker" was a pretty vague suggestion. I wouldn't have expected it to be this dark. I just assumed darker meant more "serious" shows. Oh well, I'm not complaining. It'll be interesting to see how late night horror anime does.

Also, I hadn't seen Space Dandy before either, heh. I forgot about that one because it was a world premier.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Part of me wonders how well it'll do being not only at 3 AM, but an hour long. I just hope they don't use this as a way to see if people go on their word about "darker shows".

Seda

Black Lagoon: September 6th, 2014
OG Naruto: September 6th, 2014
Space Dandy: September 27th, 2014 (assumes S2 is 13 episodes)
Bleach: November 1st, 2014
Attack on Titan: November 1st, 2014
Beware The Batman: November 8th, 2014
Hellsing Ultimate: November 15th, 2014
Cowboy Bebop: January 24th, 2015
Samurai Jack: January 31st, 2015
Gurren Lagann: February 21st, 2015
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: May 23rd, 2015
Clone Wars: September 19th, 2015
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OH MY GOD

YES YES YES

Seen up to where the dub ended last year (1-8) so the finale is completely new to me, so excited Hellsing Ultimate is amazing

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, Nov is gonna be a huge line-up change for Toonami. I wonder if we'll get a huge announcement of all 4 replacements.

Like half the line-up is ending in November. I wonder what the plan is for that.

I'm sure Titan and Dandy will re-run, maybe not in those spots but I'd bet that they'd stay on the block. Bleach should be replaced (Fairy Tail? HxH? Sailor Moon) and the back end will swap out old shows. I'm still waiting on GitS....really expected that to be the BL replacement.

2 hours of dbz kai

Ssssh, Shard will have an aneurysm

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I honestly though Gundam Unicorn would have gotten that honor.

Would totally be up for that. I've seen very little (and played Gundam Musou 3), so I really want to see it, personally. Banagher would be an interesting hero to odd to the Toonami roster...

Like half the line-up is ending in November. I wonder what the plan is for that.

MOVIES AND MORE MOVIES! I'd actually love to see them make a trend out of airing OVA's / Specials / Spoofs after a series ends, Maybe throw in some SD Shippuden just because why not....

I do wonder how instant some of these deals are. Would they really have had something the polar opposite of Hellsing ready to run, if the fanvoice was against darkness?

daveo42

Banned
Reruns. Still begging for Fate/Zero. Or Steins;Gate.

Hopefully this and not reruns. New stuff on the block, even if it is old, is preferable to reruns of old shows in the first half of the block. I wouldn't mind seeing Log Horizon on there as well.

2 hours of One Piece

Fixed that for you :p

Besides, they want to draw out the show for as long as possible to keep ratings high week to week. One Piece is like the one show on the block that could benefit from being on for an hour per week.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At the very least, we'll reach the episode that Japan's on, which is 658, or 390 episodes more, in....7.5 years!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Imagine if Japan did a marathon of every single One Piece episode. If it takes 12 days, or 276 hours for the Simpsons to air all 552 episodes plus 2 hours for the movie, imagine how much longer it'd take for One Piece & all its movies.

Edit: I think it'd take about 14 days straight, not including the movies?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I wonder if they'd ever be up to making "Toonami Editions" of shows like One Piece?

For example, cutting the OP and ED + Recaps from 3 episodes, and making a 1 hour long nightly block of content out of it?

It'd be an interesting way to deal with slow arcs or drier content,

I wonder if they'd ever be up to making "Toonami Editions" of shows like One Piece?

For example, cutting the OP and ED + Recaps from 3 episodes, and making a 1 hour long nightly block of content out of it?

It'd be an interesting way to deal with slow arcs or drier content,

You'd have the purists calling for DeMarco's head on twitter

Busaiku

Imagine if Japan did a marathon of every single One Piece episode. If it takes 12 days, or 276 hours for the Simpsons to air all 552 episodes plus 2 hours for the movie, imagine how much longer it'd take for One Piece & all its movies.

Edit: I think it'd take about 14 days straight, not including the movies?

Imagine if they did a marathon of Sazae-san, which is the Japanese Simpsons.
There are over 7000 episodes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Toonami is fucked tonight. Simpsons is in Season 6.
What're you talking about?

....oh man, the See My Vest episode. & the one where the PTA disbands. & the one with the lemon tree. And both episodes of Who Shot Mr. Burns! & RADIOACTIVE MAN.

......you guys are lucky I have a 2nd TV which I can record all these episodes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
EVERYONE NEW TO HELLSING YOUR IN FOR A FUN ASS RIDE
ITS LIKE THEY'RE LISTENING TO EVERY REQUEST IVE SAID
That's what people said about Gurren Lagann. & LOOK WHAT HAPPENED.

.......it lead to a fun & positive group watch, along with great first impressions, so hopefully that'll happen with Hellsing Ultimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom