• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys realize his ban isn't perm and there is a good chance when he gets unbanned (or if he just signs out of his account and views GAF as a guest) he's gonna see you're post and not want to come back here...

Takashi

Black Lagoon beating out Bitchman always feels good

But why would BtB get higher ratings than Clone Wars? I don't usually watch CW but I think most agree it's far more entertaining than BtB. Is it cause it's in the "new" episodes territory cause that's the only reason I can see it outdoing Clone Wars in the DVR department.

Black Lagoon beating out Bitchman always feels good

But why would BtB get higher ratings than Clone Wars? I don't usually watch CW but I think most agree it's far more entertaining than BtB. Is it cause it's in the "new" episodes territory cause that's the only reason I can see it outdoing Clone Wars in the DVR department.

BtB has never aired on US TV and does have a story line that develops, Clone Wars is reairing and the whole series is up on Netflix anyways. Even if people know it's crap they may feel compelled to finish BtB because 1- it's batman and 2-the story is building...kinda

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, friend has confirmed he's coming over to watch the entire AoT marathon, so guess I'm watching it too.

Just glad this is during the first week of college where I'll barely have any homework to do.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Given that Naruto Classic can still pull that kind of rating at 3:30 AM it makes me wonder how expensive the series must be to purchase.

Takashi

BtB has never aired on US TV and does have a story line that develops, Clone Wars is reairing and the whole series is up on Netflix anyways. Even if people know it's crap they may feel compelled to finish BtB because 1- it's batman and 2-the story is building...kinda

Guess that does explain it, just didn't expect that CW reairing would've had such a drop in ratings considering that Naruto has been around forever and still pulled as much as it did. Though Naruto's probably a different beast, so that comparison likely isn't very solid.

Shippuden will be the only Viz show on the block now.

With how many shows are ending in October/November I'd honestly be really shocked if we don't get another Viz show, maybe even two

Bleach is still there until October. I really do think Viz has to be making a play for Sailor Moon on the block lest they get muscled out of the ecosystem.

This seems like the most likely to me, Viz has a new dub to push/sell, classic Sailor Moon was the series along with DBZ that put Toonami/Anime on the map back in the 90's. Getting a chance to air it uncut with a new dub seems like something that would mutually benefit both parties.

Guess that does explain it, just didn't expect that CW reairing would've had such a drop in ratings considering that Naruto has been around forever and still pulled as much as it did. Though Naruto's probably a different beast, so that comparison likely isn't very solid.

Naruto is probably like Dragon Ball Z, a show that could infinitely rerun on any channel and people would tune in to watch it because it's Naruto/DBZ

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Given that Naruto Classic can still pull that kind of rating at 3:30 AM it makes me wonder how expensive the series must be to purchase.

It was literally thrown in with Shippuden, that's why it's only the first two seasons.

Naruto is probably like Dragon Ball Z, a show that could infinitely rerun on any channel and people would tune in to watch it because it's Naruto/DBZ

#Notanychannel

(Disney XD, cough cough)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Uncut Sailor Moon classic is the biggest no brainer there is for TOONAMI.

It's pretty much number 2 or 3 in the relevance to classic afternoon block TOONAMI there is. Still has brand cache in the US as shown by the manga sales and other merchandise sells. It's literally Bleach's replacement in Viz's catalog and will probably be an early Sunday show on TOONAMI for a few years.

Good news, I got the Job!

tumblr_mkz1vkKmxU1rmc523o1_500.gif

Raxus

I'm not going to lie. After the marathon we are going to have some non-stop awesome weeks of anime ahead. Glad to see the anime ratings are reflecting it. Mmmm. Upcoming One Piece, Hellsing Ultimate, Gurran Lagaan, Bleach finale, Black Lagoon finale, and Samurai Jack's Emmy winning episodes are coming up.

Stars must be aligning or something.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's literally all on the back of Family Guy.

I may prefer Black Dynamite and old ass Boondocks episodes but they suck as a lead in. Season 4 Boondocks...yeah, I'll take the Family Guy over that.

Thank's guys, it's just some menial retail work, but at least I'm getting money, plus I don't have to pay rent or bills or anything in the meantime.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Which one, End of Eva or the TV ending, has
amazing slice of life high school EVA?
Oh that's right, the superior TV ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom