• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
MmMAD7F.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 announced, PS3/4/Vita.

Can't wait for them to add characters I had no idea existed because of how far behind we are!

Raxus

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 announced, PS3/4/Vita.

Can't wait for them to add characters I had no idea existed because of how far behind we are!

Judging by how far Pirate Warriors 2 went they only have a handful more characters they can add.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just hope some of the villains/bosses that were support-only characters (like Lucci) are made playable this time around. It was rather satisfying mowing down enemies as Eneru.

daveo42

Banned
I'll be catching Dandy on the west coast stream again this weekend. I might have Toonami on in the background while I do something else.

I also see I've missed nothing of importance in the past 12 hours outside of Pirate Warriors 3 announcement.

Just realized this weekend is the start of college football season, I might be passed out by the time toonami comes on since OSU has an afternoon game.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Dressrosa alone has like 35 characters they could add. :D

Coincidentally, I'm wearing this Doflamingo shirt today.

20130505_32758etbkev.png

*thinks about the important ones* *shivers in excitement* PW3 is going to be nuts.
Plus the chance of Caesar, Monet and Vergo.

Judging by how far Pirate Warriors 2 went they only have a handful more characters they can add.

There is a ton of characters they could add just from stuff thats aired in the US, let alone when you add the tons of characters that have been added in the past few arcs

Regiruler

So are all the AoT episodes new or do we start off with reruns? And how long does it run for?

I don't want to miss anything new but I can't stay up past 3.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Midnight until 6 AM. It's just the first season reairing. Episode 1 at midnight to episode 12 at 5:30 AM.

The only new thing airing on Toonami is Space Dandy at 11:30 PM.

Raxus

I may stay up a bit for the marathon and for a few choice episodes like episode 5. I will mostly be playing Donkey Kong Country returns though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also holy cow, Naruto is probably ending this year. It would be very had to drag it out more than another 12 chapters or so.

Regiruler

Gurren Lagann Episode 2:

While being chased on the surface by two gunmen, Simon is afraid and tries to dig his way back to Giha Village. Kamina jumps out and faces the gunmen head on with only his sword but is saved from being crushed by Simon in Lagann who carries all three away, running. Kamina scolds Simon for running away from a fight. Simon, heavy with fear and doubt, apparently causes Lagann to suddenly power down uncontrollably and the trio are left helpless. Thankfully, they are saved by gun fire from the members of Littner Village, Yoko's village led by its friendly leader Dayakka. After one of the gunmen is destroyed, a furry humanoid creature jumps out that retreats with the help of the remaining gunman.

Yoko explains that beings called "Beastmen" are what pilot the gunmen that the members of Littner Village have been fighting all their lives. Beastmen (in gunmen) arrive every sunrise to attack the humans on the surface but always retreat before sundown for unknown reasons. Littner Village used to be an underground village like Simon and Kamina's but its inhabitants were forced above ground and now they have to fight on the surface to survive.

That evening, Kamina thanks Simon for rescuing him earlier as they gaze up at the night sky they've never seen before. Leeron, the flamboyantly gay engineer of Littner Village, appears and takes great interest in Lagann. He also teases Kamina by pretending to seduce him to hilarious effect. Leeron explains that some records show that people used to live on the surface hundreds of years ago while other records show they never had. It's a mystery. While gazing longingly at Yoko, Simon's Core Drill suddenly glows again which allows Lagann to power up. Yoko asks Simon to use Lagann to carry the remains of the broken gunman back to Littner for scrap. Along the way they find the bones of a human killed by beastmen which they bury but Kamina stubbornly thinks it's a waste of time to bury the dead of people who can't survive on the surface.

That night, Kamina has a dream where he remembers going to the surface with his father but being too afraid to stay with him. He watches his father, who wears a skull laden bracelet and long cape, walk off leaving him behind. They are jolted awake the next morning by the sound of gunmen landing nearby. It's the same two from yesterday but now joined by a new, much tougher red gunmen. It seems the gunmen are propelled from far away and land near the village, causing the tremors. Simon, who is again unable to start Lagann up due to his fear, realizes that the earthquakes that killed his parents were caused by the gunmen's tremors on the surface. This sends Simon into a rage and Lagann powers up.

Kamina notices the red gunman, who's face he likes, and decides that he's going to hijack it for himself. With Simon's help, they force the beastman out and Kamina climbs into the cockpit. However, he can't seem to make the gunman work. The other two gunman attack and knock Kamina down where he lands on another human skull. Seeing the skull has a strange effect on Kamina who then concentrates and forces his "fighting spirit" to build until finally he can power and control the gunman. He saves Simon then grabs Lagann and throws it at the other gunman in a move he calls the "combustion of manly souls cannonball attack"! The drill on Lagann destroys the two gunmen and the only remaining beastman runs away in fear. With the battle won, Kamina decides to name his gunman "Gurren".

Later that night, Kamina finds the skull that he saw and decides to bury it, apologizing for landing on it. As he starts to dig, he notices the skeleton is wearing a cape and bracelet. He realizes this is the corpse of his long dead father, and breaks down and cries.

Holy fuck I don't remember the skull thing.

daveo42

Banned
FYI, I haven't even read the new chapter yet, but based on what has happened, I assumed what you both have. Hopefully I'll have a chance to read them later in the day.

Edit: So tempted to read them spoilers too...but I can wait. It's only Naruto.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
FYI, I haven't even read the new chapter yet, but based on what has happened, I assumed what you both have. Hopefully I'll have a chance to read them later in the day.

For Naruto I could have said the same thing the last chapter was released. It's still remarkable that it's going to end soon.

As for One Piece, well, what happens happens only in a National Treasure like One Piece.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm sorry that I started it, but man it had to be said!

Hopefully no one will blame me in ten years when we get to that point in Shippuden!

Naruto manga ending soon -> naruto anime in japan ending soon -> toonami end dates list can update to give Shippuden a finale date

See Seda-Senpai it is relevant to toonami gaf's interest

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom