• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It just better not be another King Star King. I noticed Demarco is already get defensive about it, pulling the weeaboo card.

Takashi

rip "weeabos"

and that salt already

Edit: imo anime is a large part of what makes Toonami what it is, but it shouldn't be just strictly that. However, shit like King Star King just doesn't fit; hopefully these new shorts will be far from that.

Gorillaz

rip "weeabos"

and that salt already

Edit: imo anime is a large part of what makes Toonami what it is, but it shouldn't be just strictly that. However, shit like King Star King just doesn't fit; hopefully these new shorts will be far from that.

"Nice opinion anon"

Your getting another King Star King and your going to like it

As awful as some of these shorts have been, I'd still rather have them then 10000x trojan condom commercials

Maybe if they were all hot pocket or shirley temple commercials it'd be one thing

Jarate

Banned
As awful as some of these shorts have been, I'd still rather have them then 10000x trojan condom commercials

Maybe if they were all hot pocket or shirley temple commercials it'd be one thing

OFFICIAL TOONAMI COMMERCIAL POWER RANKINGS
1. Epiduo
2. Hot Pockets
POWER GAP
3. Trojan Ecstacy

9001. Advertisements made by Adult Swim to push for new shows

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
OFFICIAL TOONAMI COMMERCIAL POWER RANKINGS
1. Epiduo
2. Hot Pockets
POWER GAP
3. Trojan Ecstacy

9001. Advertisements made by Adult Swim to push for new shows

just reading "Epiduo" fills me with a rage I cannot fully comprehend

partially because that damned awful "music" pops into my head along with it

Jarate

Banned
just reading "Epiduo" fills me with a rage I cannot fully comprehend

partially because that damned awful "music" pops into my head along with it

Do you think teens actually enjoy that commercial. It seems weird to air it during toonami, i'd imagine most of toonami's audience is 18+ AKA people who have nostalgia towards toonami, not 13 year olds who are experiencing Acne for the first time

Xenoblade is a fantastic JRPG that anyone who is a fan of JRPGs shouldn't miss

If you don't like JRPGs the move along

Though if Lazybones did like the actual gameplay of SAO game for Vita he'd like Xenoblade Chronicles

Man God

Non-Canon Member
On one hand, lots of hyperbole being thrown around about a port shown for the first time.

On the other, Xenoblade is a massive game in scope and making a portable version out of it probably bakes in some concessions.

I think it looks acceptable.

bigkrev

My thoughts on the new 3DS- Glad to see it's getting an XL version (why this isn't the standard is a question that will never be answered), the hardware changes mostly seem good- coloring the buttons is nice (because as a person who has used Xbox controllers for over a decade, the fact that the buttons are flipped make QTEs impossible on Nintendo systems), the improved 3D is probably nice (it sucked on the XL compared to the small), but that 2nd stick looks useless, as does the placement of the extra shoulder buttons (I hated them on the CPP as well).

I guess I just want to see more games that can only be played on it before I buy it. I bought a DSi day 1 because I assumed there were going to be games that you couldn't play without it. And while I hope the lack of any real game announcements past Smash for the 3DS is a sign they actually have stuff planned for this, I'm cynically thinking this device only exists because Capcom demanded they do it for Monster Hunter (which comes out the same day as this, apparently!).

That said, if I hadn't upgraded to a XL yet, this seems like an obvious get.

Oh, and the idea of announcing "new" hardware before a Holiday season where you are still trying to sell the old stuff? Pretty dumb!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People are getting wildly out of hand in the dozen or more threads about this and other news.

"I've been with Nintendo since the Game and Watch and will now abandon them for doing the same thing they've done with every other handheld!"

"Hyrule Warriors plays like shit because it was programmed with the new Wii U in mind!"

and even more nonsense.

Oh, and the idea of announcing "new" hardware before a Holiday season where you are still trying to sell the old stuff? Pretty dumb!

That's why they're not announcing it this year in the US/Europe.

bigkrev

The nub is basically a monster hunter camera nub and not really designed for games like resident evil revelaitons

Yep, which is why i'm worried it's just a MonHun edition of the system that also gets Xenoblade, instead of something like the GBC which got a bunch of exclusive games.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm betting the camera nub works okay for cameras, which is all it would be used for even in an FPS.

KI:U might be fun to play with it in lefty mode for the ULTIMATE CHALLENGE.

I'm betting the camera nub works okay for cameras, which is all it would be used for even in an FPS.

You want to try playing an fps with your finger constantly on that tiny nub? It'll work for MH and its clones cause those games generally only need small, quick camera shifts as you move

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd give it a shot before dismissing it out of hand. I got used to vita's shitty numbs after awhile and nintendo is usually pretty good with this. I am slightly odd in that I love the GCN's c-stick though.

bigkrev

You want to try playing an fps with your finger constantly on that tiny nub? It'll work for MH and its clones cause those games generally only need small, quick camera shifts as you move

Yep. It's pretty shitty playing FPS on Vita due to the stick (which seems better than what this is).

redhood56

Banned
I wanted to upgrade from a launc 3ds to an xl, but I am glad I held off. I will probably pick this up with xenoblade(even though I have the wii version). Hopefully some retailers do a trade in credit to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom