• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
office_space_se-0.jpg

No red Swinline and no stylish mustache sadly.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, we kick things off dancing the night away with Dandy. Then the rest of the night is melodrama and despair, just like any good holiday weekend, with 6 hours of Attack on Titan. Look out for Zurtrun mixed in here and there too.

11:30 - Space Dandy - 22 - We're All Fools, So Let's All Dance, Baby
12:00 - Attack on Titan - 1 - To You, After 2,000 Years: The Fall of Shiganshina, Part 1
12:30 - Attack on Titan - 2 - That Day: The Fall of Shiganshina, Part 2
1:00 - Attack on Titan - 3 - A Dim Light Amid Despair: Humanity's Comeback, Part 1
1:30 - Attack on Titan - 4 - Night of the Closing Ceremony: Humanity's Comeback, Part 2
2:00 - Attack on Titan - 5 - First Battle: The Struggle for Trost, Part 1
2:30 - Attack on Titan - 6 - The World the Girl Saw: The Struggle for Trost, Part 2
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 7 - Small Blade: The Struggle for Trost, Part 3
3:30 - Attack on Titan - 8 - I Can Hear His Heartbeat: The Struggle for Trost, Part 4
4:00 - Attack on Titan - 9 - Whereabouts of His Left Arm: The Struggle for Trost, Part 5
4:30 - Attack on Titan - 10 - Response: The Struggle for Trost, Part 6
5:00 - Attack on Titan - 11 - Idol: The Struggle for Trost, Part 7
5:30 - Attack on Titan - 12 - Wound: The Struggle for Trost, Part 8

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'll have a cup of coffee & some Mtn. Dew (either Baja Blast or Gamer Fuel) ready to keep me awake, along with my friend who's used to night shifts.

.....just hope I can actually get some sleep once it ends.

Gorillaz

Was at work talking to a customer about a deal on a console and TV and he brings up anime to me, out of nowhere tbh, and I gave him the toonami test of what is on the block and what appealed to him

My dude literally said he thought Gurren Lagann was too slow and that black lagoon was too slow and didnt like that there were so many chicks that knew how to hold there own in a shootout.

I just smiled and said yea its not for everyone....lol

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Not for the faint of heart.

Man this night is going to be rough. No Bleach. No Naruto UNCUT. At least Dandy is always there.

Lots and lots of Wall Sina though. I guess its time is now.

Gorillaz

Not for the faint of heart.

Man this night is going to be rough. No Bleach. No Naruto UNCUT. At least Dandy is always there.

Lots and lots of Wall Sina though. I guess its time is now.
I heard all it takes to take out wall sina are 16 german suplexes. Thats just rumors tho.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
My dude literally said he thought Gurren Lagann was too slow and that black lagoon was too slow and didnt like that there were so many chicks that knew how to hold there own in a shootout.
I recognize these words, but they don't make sense in that order.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Was at work talking to a customer about a deal on a console and TV and he brings up anime to me, out of nowhere tbh, and I gave him the toonami test of what is on the block and what appealed to him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuDd4R_wu_s

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I don't understand his opinion at all. Are chicks not allowed to be badass?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TTGL being a bit slow...is actually something of a valid complaint! It slows down often in between moments of complete awesome and hyper activity.

EDIT: The dude he was talking to has obvious issues with women. Could be any number of things but yeah.

Raxus

TTGL being a bit slow...is actually something of a valid complaint! It slows down often in between moments of complete awesome and hyper activity.

EDIT: The dude he was talking to has obvious issues with women. Could be any number of things but yeah.

#notallanimefans

Gorillaz

The guy was a idiot Htown, remember that story I told blackgaf with the idiot wanting to get a cod ps4 bundle but couldn't get it done because we were told it was discontinued? This was the sAme guy lol. He came back upset. Over GS not bundling it also

Its funny I had a 2nd customer bring up black lagoon today she was up there in age. Shit threw me off. Talked to me about revy for 4 mins straight

daveo42

Banned
The guy was a idiot Htown, remember that story I told blackgaf with the idiot wanting to get a cod ps4 bundle but couldn't get it done because we were told it was discontinued? This was the sAme guy lol. He came back upset. Over GSVE not bundling it also

Its funny I had a 2nd customer bring up black lagoon today she was up there in age. Shit threw me off. Talked to me about revy for 4 mins straight

I'd be happy to run into anyone who can talk about anime at length. The only people I know who do are a small group of friends.

Crocodile

LOL at thread title change :p

You should have told him

when-i-am-making-suggestions-to-a-table-and-a-customer-inturrpts-me.gif

'cause boy was that some shit that came out of his mouth. Then again keeping your job is probably a good idea :p

Gorillaz

I'd be happy to run into anyone who can talk about anime at length. The only people I know who do are a small group of friends.
I don't mind it at times as well. Im not hugely knowledgeable or geek out over it alot to people at work but its cool customers feel cool enough to have a conversation about it

Kills time for me

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So like.........was the guy wanting more females like K-On? How is "a ton of chicks are strong and awesome and can stand their ground" a BAD thing?

& really, Gurren Lagann SLOW? The show (and Black Lagoon, as well) is the opposite of that most of the time. ESPECIALLY in comparison to other shows like AoT. I'd throw in Naruto & Bleach, but that wouldn't really be fair due to those being so much longer.

Gorillaz

So like.........was the guy wanting more females like K-On? How is "a ton of chicks are strong and awesome and can stand their ground" a BAD thing?

& really, Gurren Lagann SLOW? The show (and Black Lagoon, as well) is the opposite of that most of the time. ESPECIALLY in comparison to other shows like AoT. I'd throw in Naruto & Bleach, but that wouldn't really be fair due to those being so much longer.
He said he liked gundam doe

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Keep in mind I view Eureka Seven as a gruelingly bad show that has been overrated to the hilt.

You did make the titular character cry.

I myself find it to be one of the best "Gundam" shows of recent memory and an all time classic.

Oh, while I'd prefer a Samurai Jack marathon to AoT I guarantee I'd stay awake longer watching Titan. I don't think I could make it past the pilot movie in Jack.

Jarate

Banned

He prolly likes anime where he can self insert himself, and some people cant self insert into other genders.

His favorite show is prolly SAO

Cowboy Bebop Marathon > Space Dandy Marathon > Samurai Jack Marathon > most 12 episode anime marathon > shonen marathon > other Toonami show Marathon > SAO Marathon > Aldnoah Zero Marathon > Toonami being canceled > even 1 showing of Kickheart

Jarate

Banned
Cowboy Bebop Marathon > Space Dandy Marathon > Samurai Jack Marathon > most 12 episode anime marathon > shonen marathon > other Toonami show Marathon > SAO Marathon > Aldnoah Zero Marathon > Toonami being canceled > even 1 showing of Kickheart
What about dat Epiduo commercial marathon

I haven't seen Aldnoah Zero but I'm calling bs here. It can't possibly be that bad

Without posting MASSIVE spoilers, the biggest problem with Aldnoah Zero is that it's just god damn boring and stars the most freaking dull main character ever. Take Batman and make him even smarter, give him no back story, give him no cool gear, and give him no personality. Then remember you're supposed to be rooting for and connecting with this character. Also add a harem because this is anime and you have the perfect ingredients for a main character that will probably be voiced by Bryce Papenbrook in a year or two.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Without posting MASSIVE spoilers, the biggest problem with Aldnoah Zero is that it's just god damn boring and stars the most freaking dull main character ever. Take Batman and make him even smarter, give him no back story, give him no cool gear, and give him no personality. Then remember you're supposed to be rooting for and connecting with this character. Also add a harem because this is anime and you have the perfect ingredients for a main character that will probably be voiced by Bryce Papenbrook in a year or two.

I found that way funnier than I should have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom