• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds bad...but not worse than VVV. More boring though. VVV was rarely boring.

The problem is it's LOL SWERVE twist are just as awful as VVV's, but instead of connecting them with somewhat hilarious scenes, good mech action, and mediocre character arcs it's connected with bad/boring mech action, boring to non existence characters and character arcs, and plays it even straighter then SAO. At least with both Geass and VVV there was a level of camp to the whole feel which made the LOL SWERVE work (usually).

Well, let's look on the bright side. Septemeber is going to be awesome.

The most intense arc in AOT is going to start, the Space Dandy series finale is coming, Hellsing Ultimate is going to premiere in an hour-long slot, One Piece is going kick things into second gear, Gurren Lagann will continue to see the invisible and do the impossible, and Beware the Buttman will be on its last legs.

I, for one, am hyped.

Order

The most intense arc in AOT is going to start, the Space Dandy series finale is coming, Hellsing Ultimate is going to premiere in an hour-long slot, One Piece is going kick things into second gear, Gurren Lagann will continue to see the invisible and do the impossible, and Beware the Buttman will be on its last legs.

I, for one, am hyped.
I see what you did there

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

I, for one, am hyped.
It's already gonna be a great month for games (come on, Danganronpa 2 LE, arrive already!), and sounds like Toonami is gonna be awesome as well. Not to mention Black Lagoon is (most likely) gonna end with a bang, considering how good the series has been.

& oh yeah, great title change. Now we just need to come up with one for when Hellsing Ultimate premieres.

It's already gonna be a great month for games (come on, Danganronpa 2 LE, arrive already!), and sounds like Toonami is gonna be awesome as well. Not to mention Black Lagoon is (most likely) gonna end with a bang, considering how good the series has been.

& oh yeah, great title change. Now we just need to come up with one for when Hellsing Ultimate premieres.

Toonami |Sept14| By his hand, evil will know suffering

I was all pumped to watch this marathon, but now I'm just pissed after arguing how awful Aldnoah Zero is with people who think it's not awful -,- long day I should probably get some rest

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

I, for one, am hyped.

I see what you did there.

Cowboy Bebop Marathon > Space Dandy Marathon > Samurai Jack Marathon > most 12 episode anime marathon > shonen marathon > other Toonami show Marathon > SAO Marathon > Aldnoah Zero Marathon > Toonami being canceled > even 1 showing of Kickheart

iR7ITXf4cgGdP.gif

Ponn

Banned
I started drinking game little early. Someone mentioned on my facebook tonight was supposed to be that stupid purge night in jax. out of pie so if anyone tries anything they will just have to settle for intensified mikasa! Then I trip and we laugh and it ends up being a harem comedy.

Soulflarz

Banned
Wait when was it changed to melodrama marathon? AoT isnt mel-okay it is

tbh id rather sit here spam refreshing my usps order praying i get dr2 eventually than watch AoT atm cause im tired

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
waste time with AoT marathon or waste time with Simpson marathon....

It's in Zombie Simpsons now. *looks at schedule* Oh god the first is the Jerusalem episode.
Go with AoT, it's the lesser of two evils.

Wait, what's this about an One Piece special?

Edit: Oh, in Japan.....

Funimation/CR is actually showing it subbed. Yeah, first time we're getting a special. I hope they do the others.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Shit they're subbing the special?

Oh yeah.

2 hour special that's airing tonight celebrating the 15 anniversary. Don't look it up unless you're all caught up though. In typical One Piece fashion, there's spoilers all over the episode title.

Also this. Very very very very VERY spoiler heavy special.
Though it's been four years since the timeskip.
It's getting to the point where we no longer have to spoil it.

daveo42

Banned
I'm shouting at people after watching Be Kind Rewind and the the Lego Movie instead of watching the AoT marathon. Lacks a little of the melodrama, but it's a good replacement.

I'm totally going to talk about Space Dandy when it airs on the West Coast stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom