• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember one of the OVAs being shown during that April Fools thing and I was sooooo lost

yeah...............that was bar-none the most confusing, stupid episode of the entire series. like, it BARELY makes more sense if you're familiar with the characters and watched the rest of the third OVA. i'm not sure why they chose it unless they weren't allowed to air anything from the first or second OVA, as it's pretty much the only one in the third with much action.

It could actually be Netflix that has the rights.

9601823.jpg

doubtful.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
9601823.jpg

doubtful.

I agree but they might be waiting on the dub and are using this as a soft roll out.

It would explain why someone had it for so long yet didn't do anything with it and why it wasn't announced at any of the recent anime cons.

now that i think about it, this show went up on both US and UK Netflix. so it's possible Netflix got it directly from Japan since i don't even know anyone who operates in both, let alone who would put it up concurrently. that doesn't necessarily mean they have the rights, though; they localized Sidonia, so i don't see why they wouldn't for this, too.

it does point to it being licensed eventually by someone if it isn't already, though.

Man God said:
I agree but they might be waiting on the dub and are using this as a soft roll out.

It would explain why someone had it for so long yet didn't do anything with it and why it wasn't announced at any of the recent anime cons.

if that's the case i'm not sure why they'd have waited so long to put it out subbed only. Hunter x Hunter is in the 140s; they could've put even just the first 50 episodes up ages ago. they went to a lot of trouble to get Sidonia dubbed and such so i don't really believe they would suddenly abandon that model, especially without an announcement.

So I've clearly been slacking lately. I'm so far down the monthly leaderboard now.
I'm sorry guys. I've failed you so much.

In other news, Guardians of the Galaxy is a fuxkibg awesome movie. Go see it. It's my favorite marvel movie now.

Seda

I havent seen any of the Marvel movies outside of the last 10 minutes of Iron Man 2 that I caught on TV.

Just not a big movie person.

daveo42

Banned
So I've clearly been slacking lately. I'm so far down the monthly leaderboard now.
I'm sorry guys. I've failed you so much.

In other news, Guardians of the Galaxy is a fuxkibg awesome movie. Go see it. It's my favorite marvel movie now.

Same thoughts about the movie too.

My friend and I did come to the realization that Winter Soldier and GotG are the two best, but it comes down to personal preference as to which is better because they are so tonally different.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I havent seen any of the Marvel movies outside of the last 10 minutes of Iron Man 2 that I caught on TV.

Just go see The Guardians of the Galaxy. It's much less a superhero movie and more of a space opera starring Shawn Spencer from Psych doing an Indiana Jones impersonation. That's the best way I can think to describe it without giving anything away.

It's just SO FUCKING GOOD.

Is SAO 2 worlds better than 1? Ep 13-24

I'd say so far its pulling the best from both seasons

-there are actual stakes where people are dying

-the plot is forward moving and doesn't time skip like crazy

-animation is still crazy good, sound track is also good

But its still god awful and a hilarious over the top gary stu anime.

New episode of Fairy Tail, gotta go watch that.

In preparation for Toonami.

am i rite?

am i? ;)

Probably, though it may be a show we won't get for years just because it's another mega running shonen that would tie up a spot on the block for 6+ years. Maybe as DBZ Kai's replacement in 3-4 years

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

if by "the last 10 minutes" you mean the drone fight, you saw the best part of the movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom