• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's the Mark Henry retirement speech of anime. It's a master troll. It's also not the same exact thing repeated over and over again; there's different camera angles, different readings of the same lines, different outfits, slight dialogue changes, and other neat cues to what is going on. It's a masterclass on trolling.

It really was. Whoever OK'ed Endless Eight was one part genius, two parts insane and twelve parts grand-master troll. For two months we'd reach the end of the episode and ask, "Is this the time?" and the answer would always be "LOL NOPE!"

Apparently this is common for dimentia patients, odds are tomorrow she won't remember any of this or will apologized for being rude but not remember what was said.

Still doesn't make it any easier to take that kind of abuse, especially after I had just gone over there to help her get groceries out of her car that were "too heavy"

*sigh* I'm sorry didn't mean to dump real life drama on the thread right before toonami, I just needed to get this off my chest and I really trust and care about guys. Thanks again for letting me be part of such an awesome group

Sorry dude, I know it's rough but try not to let it get to you. I'm sure she didn't mean it.

So your telling me

Bleach still got alot left in the tank?

Yea, a WHOLE LOT of stupid.

Yea, a WHOLE LOT of stupid.

In my wildest dreams, Bleach Final Act will air at the same time as the final arc of Naruto Shippuden for double the gun

And thanks for all your comments, I'm pretty back to normal now, gonna crack open a monster soon to get the night back on track

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
In my wildest dreams, Bleach Final Act will air at the same time as the final arc of Naruto Shippuden for double the gun

And thanks for all your comments, I'm pretty back to normal now, gonna crack open a monster soon to get the night back on track

I never drink Monsters. Bad for your health. If I'm gonna stay up I just always have something chewing in my mouth like Pizza or beef jerky.

BBboy20

Dead bodies that are rotting can spread airborne disease, people not wearing them are stupid as hell
I remember somebody mentioning in an episode of the Walking Dead that those infected are suppose to wear handkerchiefs, not those who trying to prevent being sick.

Is Levi...Leon Kennedy?
Mercer had to voice another popular character with the same haircut.

Meh, killing Titans are like killing nazi's. You can drown a nazi in his own piss and you'll still be a good guy
iWaC3zdKvMbBZ.gif

Space Dandy kind of reminds me of seeing Guardians of the Galaxy today. Loved it.
I want to see a dance-off with Dandy and Quill so badly.

Dandy's JP VA will be voicing Star-Lord in the Japanese dub of Guardians of the Galaxy.

That's prefect casting, if you ask me.
Now I want a GOTG anime.

Saw GOTG finally :D

my thoughts
Friendship is the magic that turns dreams into reality
7213351.jpg
but with a Hollywood budget.

@ChucklesBrown on Twitter, BTW.

I never drink Monsters. Bad for your health. If I'm gonna stay up I just always have something chewing in my mouth like Pizza or beef jerky.

Yeah, I know its just nothing else helps me stay up late. Caffine legit puts me to sleep so coke/coffee(blech), tea, etc dont do it for me

Sorry to hear about your situation Bass. :( Hope it gets better.

On a lighter note, I saw TMNT tonight. It was.....actually pretty good. The human acting is pretty much garbage but the turtles gel pretty well. And its pretty funny too. The mountain scene is fantastic. Great action and the camera is pretty much focused on it. IE no shaky cam.
April's coworker is hilarious. I liked it overall.

I'd say go and see it. Which is something I didn't think that I would be saying.

Sorry to hear about your situation Bass. :( Hope it gets better.

On a lighter note, I saw TMNT tonight. It was.....actually pretty good. The human acting is pretty much garbage but the turtles gel pretty well. And its pretty funny too. The mountain scene is fantastic. Great action and the camera is pretty much focused on it. IE no shaky cam.

I'd say go and see it. Which is something I didn't think that I would be saying.

LowererdExpectations.jpg

I'll probably see it, but still need to dee GotG first.

Thanks again to everyone, sorry if I don't quote everyone I am reading all your comments and it means a lot to me :D

Damn, forgot that they're gonna edit Great Escape down.

I liked that song ;-;

Hopefully, we get something like this. ( My old edit, spoilers btw )

Eh, I don't wanna spend my money to go see it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
From what I've heard for TMNT is that the actual turtles are pretty good, but the movie doesn't have enough of them!

So Bay tried to fuck up the movie as per usual, but the turtles can't be fucked up so he just decided not to use as little as he could? I'll wait a week for the cheap theater by me to get it or just rent it when it hits DVD.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Only like 5 people in the show so were forced to 'like' her

Not even an exaggeration considering Gotham is emptier than Arkham City/Origins/Knight.

I see Magpie as a sign that Cartoon Network's censors were asleep at the wheel. Just like the first season of Regular Show (it's really Adult Swim esque compared to current episodes).

BBboy20

I don't know, seems like the Turtles did get quite bit of screen time. Not that like I'm defending the film, the TV version is still the best place to consume TMNT and would be at day zero if they can make a movie version of it but this film could have been worst*.

*I've been saying that a lot and realized that's what the film is.

Gorillaz

...You may have a point, with batman being borderline useless so many times and all?
Something Something fallen into the abyss Something

Not even an exaggeration considering Gotham is emptier than Arkham City/Origins/Knight.

I see Magpie as a sign that Cartoon Network's censors were asleep at the wheel. Just like the first season of Regular Show (it's really Adult Swim esque compared to current episodes).
I thought that as well cant see how her design made it on tv

Regular Show tho is just crazy in general like they had a legit gun on gun shoot out between cops and animal criminals.

bigkrev

Gonna -try- to make it home for BLue Exorcist, but I may be too wasted to fully appreciate it

Or wasted enough that it helps. Not sure yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom