• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Can I just state to you guys how angry Naruto has made me as of late.

So very very angry.
Kishi won't walk straight for a month after that asspull.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I seriously doubt we get Haruhi, we'll get the Devil works part-time first. Which also probably won't happen.

They both have about the same amount of action. Devil is shorter and newer, Haruhi is longer and older but way more famous.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
BE is an action show first with non action episodes. It's just better at its non action stuff.

I could actually make the same case for Bleach and possibly even Inuyasha.

BE is an action show first with non action episodes. It's just better at its non action stuff.

I could actually make the same case for Bleach and possibly even Inuyasha.

Ehh it's really more of a magic school show spit between comedy and action pretty evenly. Almost like an anime version of Harry Potter, only with exorcist instead of wizards and lots of hot blooded shonen instead of awkward teenage angst.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So wait, Steins;Gate movie confirmed for theaters? Or just the fact that the movie is getting dubbed? Either way, that's cool, as I wouldn't mind seeing it again with the excellent dub cast.

Also OMG FUNIMATION RESCUED LUCKY STAR, GUYS!!! AREN'T YOU EXCITED?!?!
Cuz I'm not.

& back from DBZ Battle of Gods and Guardians of the Galaxy in IMAX 3D. DBZ was almost packed & got a good amount of laughs from the audience. It was kind of interesting seeing some of the random cameos from what I could recognized (was kind of confused when I saw
the trio that was villains in the original DB but as kids for some reason
) & overall enjoyed it. Makes me look forward to Kai later on.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Eren's on trial for being too useful (I guess), Filler Bleach is back with a New Year's special...in August...fuck you, nobody out-Dandies Space Dandy, baby, the Sand Village tries to go back to normal with the Kazekage back home and Akatsuki picks up the pieces after Sasori's defeat, Galley-La and the Franky Family battle it out with Oimo and Kaashii before the second gate, Rin and Yukio beat the shit outta Satan...or something, while the Bat plays with the League of Assassins Ra's al Ghul tries to wipe out Gotham during a blackout, Balalaika reminisces about the past while Yukio takes up the mantle of leader of the Washimine Group, Sakura tries to stand up for herself, Ed and Ling find themselves stuck with Envy inside Gluttony, the Bebop crew ends up mixed up with one Faye Valentine, Ahsoka keeps having visions of Padme being assassinated, and Jack finds himself at the eeeeevil rave of Aku!

11:30 - Attack on Titan - 14 - Can't Look Into His Eyes: Eve of the Counterattack, Part 1
12:00 - Bleach - 355 - Soul Reapers at War! New Year in Seireitei Special!
12:30 - Space Dandy - 19 - The Gallant Space Gentleman, Baby
1:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 32 - Return of the Kazekage
1:30 - One Piece - 266 - Battle Against Giants! Open the Second Gate!
2:00 - Blue Exorcist - 25 - Stop, Time - END
2:30 - Beware the Batman - 14 - Darkness
3:00 - Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage - 21 - Two Father's Little Soldier Girls
3:30 - Naruto - 32 - Sakura Blossoms!
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 25 - Doorway of Darkness
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 3 - Honky Tonk Women
5:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 51 - Assassin
4:30 - Samurai Jack - 28 - Jack and the Rave

Moaradin

I'm excited for the Steins Gate movie. I saw it in Japanese and it's a good movie but the dub cast in the series was much better imo.

Gorillaz

Trying to remember what episode of Lagoon is on tonight but if I think I'm right people that complained about it moving too slow this arc, and want more things happening, will get their wishes granted for better or worse tonight

edit: Need to add Stein's Gate to my backlog as well.

Moaradin

What could a Steins Gate movie even be about? It's not like the series left much open for more story

Here's the synopsis. Has some show spoilers.
The film takes place one year after the events of the anime series. After going through a painstaking journey across multiple "World Lines" due to the invention of "D-Mail," text messages that can be sent to the past, Rintarou Okabe has assumedly landed in the "Steins Gate" World Line, in which none of his friends would have to die and a future ruled by SERN due to the invention of a time machine no longer exists. However, Rintarou soon starts feeling the side effects of his constant time traveling across multiple World Lines, which soon builds up and causes Rintarou to suddenly vanish from existence, with only Kurisu Makise, the girl who he had saved thanks to his efforts, remembering him through déjà vu. It is now up to Kurisu to find a way to get Rintarou back.

It's a good movie and ties in things from the series well.

ckohler

Guys...

bfGNIGD.jpg

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Hmm I see, my only thought on that summary is

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ KISSU or RIOTヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Pretty sure the most used phrase when we were watching Steins;Gate was "JUST KISS ALREADY!!!!"

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The final filler episode of Bleach. Likely forever as if a new anime is made, it will be quickly-paced and avoid filler.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Endless Eight on Toonami would be hilarious.
I still stand by the fact that it COULD have worked had they only made it 3 episodes, MAYBE 4. But 8 episodes out of a 13 episode season was just insane & mainly made most of the fanbase no longer enjoy the show. An interesting idea with a terrible & dragged out execution.

Edit: Didn't help that nobody wants to spend money on a DVD that pretty much contains the exact same episode multiple times, but with VERY slight changes.

santeesioux

I still stand by the fact that it COULD have worked had they only made it 3 episodes, MAYBE 4. But 8 episodes out of a 13 episode season was just insane & mainly made most of the fanbase no longer enjoy the show. An interesting idea with a terrible & dragged out execution.

Edit: Didn't help that nobody wants to spend money on a DVD that pretty much contains the exact same episode multiple times, but with VERY slight changes.

I think i watched about 3 episodes of it after being recommended that i watch about that many on Animegaf and that seemed to work well. I would have given up had i watched all 8, it's a funny troll move though.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Was it just because they needed to do filler or what? I mean TNG did the timeloop thing damn well in one hour. Not even getting into the fact that Dandy managed in half that.

Guys tonight got pretty crappy pretty quickly, gonna try and calm down before Toonami but man I'm just really upset and I can't stop shaking :(

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Was it just because they needed to do filler or what? I mean TNG did the timeloop thing damn well in one hour. Not even getting into the fact that Dandy managed in half that.

Maybe? *shrugs*
Looking at wikis, Endless Eight was a single chapter in the light novels, and two chapters in the manga adaptation. It's not like they were low on material. Unless they were...

Guys tonight got pretty crappy pretty quickly, gonna try and calm down before Toonami but man I'm just really upset and I can't stop shaking :(

Take it easy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
how does the non-canon member feel about this

As MM would tell you, Inuyasha: The Final Act, the fastest paced anime outside of a recap movie/ova I've ever seen still has a filler episode or two. There's no possible way Bleach x Space Ratzis will have more filler.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

It's the Mark Henry retirement speech of anime. It's a master troll. It's also not the same exact thing repeated over and over again; there's different camera angles, different readings of the same lines, different outfits, slight dialogue changes, and other neat cues to what is going on. It's a masterclass on trolling.

Apparently this is common for dimentia patients, odds are tomorrow she won't remember any of this or will apologized for being rude but not remember what was said.

Still doesn't make it any easier to take that kind of abuse, especially after I had just gone over there to help her get groceries out of her car that were "too heavy"

*sigh* I'm sorry didn't mean to dump real life drama on the thread right before toonami, I just needed to get this off my chest and I really trust and care about guys. Thanks again for letting me be part of such an awesome group

Gorillaz

It's the Mark Henry retirement speech of anime. It's a master troll. It's also not the same exact thing repeated over and over again; there's different camera angles, different readings of the same lines, different outfits, slight dialogue changes, and other neat cues to what is going on. It's a masterclass on trolling.

So your telling me

Bleach still got alot left in the tank?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So your telling me

Bleach still got alot left in the tank?

Nah, that's Haruhi, a show Funimation just picked up from the scrapheap. They basically showed the same episode but slightly different for most of the second season of the show, trolling everyone (they even threw in a troll for people who read the book and knew what was going on!)

Bleach does have a lot left in the tank and will come back to bodyslam whatever is at the top of the block in a few years.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Nah, that's Haruhi, a show Funimation just picked up from the scrapheap. They basically showed the same episode but slightly different for most of the second season of the show, trolling everyone (they even threw in a troll for people who read the book and knew what was going on!)

Bleach does have a lot left in the tank and will come back to bodyslam whatever is at the top of the block in a few years.

Just like Inuyasha: The Final Act did.

ckohler

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Bass. Watching tonight could be good for you. A fun escape from reality. Heck, the series finale of Blue Exorcist might leave us all lobotomized! Or it might be great. I'm eager to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom