• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Oh right, this is where they explain that his titan transformation is based on his determination or something, like, determined to grab a spoon.

ae89ebd4503d761e1e3b3ef82a97c9e1.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 35 - Goku’s Comeback! Call Forth Porunga!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 36 - Frieza Closes In! Mighty Porunga, Grant Our Wish!
12:30 - Akame ga Kill! - 2 - Kill the Authority
1:00 - Michiko e Hatchin - 8 - Black Noise and a Dope Game
1:30 - Sword Art Online II - 19 - Zekken
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 78 - The Judgment
2:30 - One Piece - 312 - Thank You, Merry! Snow Falls over the Parting Sea!
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 20 - Erwin Smith: The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission, Part 4

Later.

Seda

Using the spoon thing as the representative explanation for his titan transformation is weird. Every day any person is going to have "objectives" that are on the same level of (in)significance as grabbing a fallen spoon. If that alone can set off an unwanted transformation, shouldn't like hundreds of other things?

Soulflarz

Banned
Using the spoon thing as the representative explanation for his titan transformation is weird. Every day any person is going to have "objectives" that are on the same level of (in)significance as grabbing a fallen spoon. If that alone can set off an unwanted transformation, shouldn't like hundreds of other things?

Yes.
I look forward to your issues with AoT if it ever hits where the manga is!

Also watching M&H
Guys like this actually bother me irl, so ew. Michiko beat him up please ;-;
Er. Saying I mind guys who say whatever to hit on whichever girl is the hottest in the room. Bleh.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
WVW69iRVIFg4dsZGKw

WVW69iRW1KIV3c25Pf

Tired of building on this one, haha. Will start fresh next week!
(Videos of each being drawn added in as soon as I can upload them. Bah, should have added in that STOP button on Klein, lol)

LATER.

Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 35 - Goku’s Comeback! Call Forth Porunga!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 36 - Frieza Closes In! Mighty Porunga, Grant Our Wish!
12:30 - Akame ga Kill! - 2 - Kill the Authority
1:00 - Michiko e Hatchin - 8 - Black Noise and a Dope Game
1:30 - Sword Art Online II - 19 - Zekken
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 78 - The Judgment
2:30 - One Piece - 312 - Thank You, Merry! Snow Falls over the Parting Sea!
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 20 - Erwin Smith: The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission, Part 4

Later.

I'm gonna be somewhere that night (West broadcast), so I'll likely miss half of the lineup, but I'll definitely be here for OP.

Soulflarz

Banned
M&H was interesting in a sense. I'm kind of wondering what that episode did to the overlying plot. Good for characters, not much for else. Then again, one can argue that's the point of the show or something.

M&H was interesting in a sense. I'm kind of wondering what that episode did to the overlying plot. Good for characters, not much for else. Then again, one can argue that's the point of the show or something.

It didn't really do much except focus on the characters, so I thought it was fine. One of the better episodes of the show even.

Line_HTX

I originally did the three-episode rule and raged quit. I'll need to remember what is what and what happened this time just so I can continue on with y'all from episode 4 and afterwards.

TV-MA
EEEK! A Class-1 beast monster! [Screams unconvincingly]
I'm gonna go to the capital and make a name for meself, yo!
Everyone there IS a monster! Argh! OMG! Oh Noez!

Tatsumi gets the Uncle Phil throws Jazz out the door treatment.
Yes, yes! Please teach me, Big Sis! O////O
Bro, we closin' up shop. Sorry, but she took the money and ran. No one's fault but your own.
Suddenly some carriage comes by with a rich girl.
Pretty quick hospitality there.
"I-YAY-su?" What in the fuck, is he unable to pronounce I Eh Ya Su?
This is your good luck charm, you better NOT SELL IT! Keep it on your chest at all times to protect you from stabbing.
The ruler is being controlled by the minister like a puppet, so everything is awful here. This place is full of degenerates, plus we have to deal with nighttime terrorism.
Oh goody, another entry to my diary. Oh?
I'm not doing a Jim Ross impersonation on the first episode. No way, not appropriate.
The Night Raid are standing on top of strings like a bunch of spiders.

Mercy? I don't know what that is.
You're not the target. Unamused face.
Why don't you open the door?
And Aria snapped.
No way, I'll do the kill.
This pacing is faster and less convincing than I remember. Whatever, it's not like it's that important for a 1st episode.
Wait, I said let me bury my friends.
Congrats, you are now a member of Night Raid.
Them jumping off into the camera is totally like some X-Men cartoon or Gargoyles shit.

Wow, I have no idea who any of these people are. It's like the entire cast list is full of new people I've never heard of. So far this dub is entertainingly bad in an amusing way. Not a great start for a Sentai debut in the lineup. Good God, even Aniplex has better dubbing than this shit, haha.

Next weeks DBZ Kai's episode is one of my least favorite. Also have very little interest in Michiko and Hatchin anymore. I'll watch Akame ga Kill and everything else will probably be background noise.

So I want to say the theme of last nights Toonami was "the more things change the more they stay the same"

This weeks DBZ Kai was hilarious to watch after seeing Resurrection of F yesterday as several of that films jokes that make fun of Goku, Vegeta, and Freeza are all played completely straight at this point in the series as major plot points. Goku got body swapped with Ginyu due to his inability to finish off an opponent and wanting to give him a chance to leave peacefully, Vegeta nearly botched everything due to his over confidence and had to get bailed out TWICE by Goku, and Freeza got so wrapped up in wanting to humiliate Nail that he forgot to keep an eye on his ship and the dragon balls. It's crazy to think these episodes originally aired nearly 25 years ago in Japan.

Akame Ga Kill despite being one of my favorite series is dumb shonen shlock that feels like it was written and dubbed in the 90's then buried underground for 25 years until someone found it, dug it up, made it HD, and released it. In the year 2015 when we can have fantastic dubs for borderline hentai we can still enjoy the taste of something dubbed by people who apparently have no concept of the English language or how to act. I get the tonal whiplash complaints but I never found it to be bother some in AgK though I realize my opinion is not the norm around these parts. I am very happy this show is on Toonami awkward dub and all hopefully sentai will release the blu ray at a decent price.

Michiko & Hatchin is such a frustrating show to watch, debatebly it's the best show on the block with the best animation, writing, and music along with a very unique setting for an anime that you hardly ever see. Yet despite being 7 episodes in and with all that positive I mentioned above I just can't get into this show and I think it might be because of Michiko herself. I don't like Michiko as a character not because of the scenes where she acts like a terrible person, but because of the scenes where they try and sell me on her relationship with Hatchin. I often feel like I'm supposed to connect with their mother-daughter esque relationship and how they help compliment each other but I simply never get that impression 90% of the time. For a show that's supposed to make me care about a dysfunctional family unit I feel like Michiko and Hatchin and their relationship hasn't developed at all since they first met each other in episode 1 despite the series constant "you two must be close because you fight a lot" rhetoric. Perhaps this is one of those shows you can appreciate more once you've seen it though to the end, but I'd have dropped this by now if it wasn't on Toonami.

Sword Art Online we've played now 3 different VRMMOs and yet despite being in a brand new game the only thing anyone wants to do is replay though SAO/Aincard a game where 90% of the cast nearly died in. This would be bad enough as is but then the characters get nostalgic about their time in SAO it really takes the audience out of things. The tease for the new bad ass character would work a lot better if we weren't blasted with NEW WAIFU CHARACTER in both the OP and ED :|

Will continue later

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I was tempted to jokingly start a "What Zonic Watched Instead of Being BOREDuto by SNOREuto" segment with screen caps & such, but A.) I don't always watch something when Naruto is on, B.) I don't want to sound harsh towards you guys how watch/like the series, C.) It'd probably start an argument of "You watched THAT instead of THIS?!", & D.) It'd be a pain finding certain screencaps.

But to get on topic, I mostly agree with what Bass said on M&H. I WANT to like the show because it's a bit more "mature" in the lines of stuff like Black Lagoon, which makes for a nice change in pace compared to other Toonami shows, the setting is unique, & it's by the same director who'd later do Lupin III: Woman Named Fujiko Mine which was great, but I feel like every other episode is just confusing, too talky, or doesn't interest me. I'll still watch the rest considering we're half way through & it might finally start to pick up/stop the "Michiko does crap, Hatchin gets angry & runs away, they find each other, end of episode" plot. I don't feel like "that" episode has aired, the one where things finally click for you & you go "OH MAN I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE NEXT WEEK'S EPISODE" as apposed to "Well, maybe things will be more interesting next week hopefully"

Grexeno

I was tempted to jokingly start a "What Zonic Watched Instead of Being BOREDuto by SNOREuto" segment with screen caps & such, but A.) I don't always watch something when Naruto is on, B.) I don't want to sound harsh towards you guys how watch/like the series, C.) It'd probably start an argument of "You watched THAT instead of THIS?!", & D.) It'd be a pain finding certain screencaps.
You do realize that you missed a good episode of Naruto right? And that it will continue to be good for quite some time?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I haven't seen a single episode of Shippuden, I sure don't feel like jumping into a long-running series right in the middle where I'll have no idea who these new characters are, why they look different, why they have different powers, why some villains are friends, why some friends are villains, why they're located in something different, what's currently happening, what did I miss, who's dat, what's their relation, what's their backstory, why are we here, when did THAT happen, etc.

Seda

prefacing and framing your write ups on another show with 'wow wasnt that episode i didnt watch /boring/' is probably not the best way to approach it :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
prefacing and framing your write ups on another show with 'wow wasnt that episode i didnt watch /boring/' is probably not the best way to approach it :p
Exactly, hence I didn't go with it. I figured it was a bit too mean-spirited considering I don't actually watch it & I don't want to seem like I'm insulting you guys for liking a show I don't have any interest in.

Along with being confused, I don't wanna boggle down your guys' viewing exerience with asking a ton of questions about what's going on like that one family member who asks a question every 3 minutes about the plot when you try to watch a movie.

I only (rarely) joke about it because whenever I come back to the show after Shippuden, most of the responses 90% of the time is wishing something happened, but if you guys acknowledge that last night's episode was good, then I'll believe you.

Honestly the plot in Shippuden has only barely progressed. The first arc set up that the Akatsuki are after the kids with horrible monsters in them and they extracted said horrible monster from Gaara. The second arc is sort of just "Sasuke Uchiha is still a threat" and also there's a Sasuke replacement named Sai who doesn't play well with others as well as a temporary Kakashi replacement who has wood powers.

Speaking of which, I went over to the Naruto community thread after hearing that the new movie (with a potential spoiler title, though you guys probably already know it) is apparently pretty good, and I came across the names of the next couple Shippuden episodes in Japan... and this was among them:

#427-428 (September 3) - Naruto Shippūden Special: Road To Tenten - Into the Dream World

Seriously, Studio Pierrot? And yes, it looks like that means
they are devoting entire episodes just to each character's Infinite Tsukuyomi dreams; oddly, Killer Bee is only getting one episode while Tenten gets two

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So considering we're probably not gonna hear about AoT's replacement until next month, aside from Space Dandy S2 since that seems to be what most of us want to rewatch, what other shows do you guys hope reairs?

Part of me KIND OF wants Casshern to return so I can watch it with a better mind set & I think watching it with you guys might make me see things about the show I didn't notice before. Only other show that I'd truly want to rewatch would be Black Lagoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom