• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Come on, guys, don't you trust this minister? It's not like he's sinister or anything!!

771869-akame_ga_kill___03___large_23.jpg

Seriously tempted to make that an avatar

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
They're also the worst characters in the series, the worst characters get the worst scenes and the worst dub and *manga spoilers*
they even start dating later in the series

spoiled myself but
atleast thats one thing that breaks the cliche mold, they actually get together and dont pussyfoot around.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Akame ga Kill blows, and not in the fun way like most other shitty Toonami shows. It blows in a boring, uninteresting, unremarkable manner.

I'm going to have to start drinking an hour earlier next week to get maximum enjoyment out of the show.
Hatin' on immigrants? Must be Trump's favorite anime!
Fantastic. Look at those massive walls they built to try to keep them out, too!
AgK had the biggest premier in ALL of Toonami history

It ain't going nowhere
I'd rather there just be higher ratings overall, so this is fine. Surprised, though.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Also, for those complaining about this having all the anime tropes, where's the panty shots, huh?!

I assume you mean like random creeper cam panty shots, because the dude already walked in on Tsundere in her underwear earlier in the episode.

Yep. Kind of like Blue Exorcist in how the massive amount of tropes and cliches bury anything appealing. It's just a pastiche of bad, generic shonen.

Blue Exorcist at least had humor that was on point.

Go away Kate Upton.

... I have some bad news.

The show is doing really fucking well. Apparently the average Toonami viewer adores this edgy cliche shit.
Meanwhile One Piece has to be pushed to the end because they HAVE NO TASTE!

The and the anime adaptation of one piece is terrible. Read the one piece manga

Mik317

Yep. Kind of like Blue Exorcist in how the massive amount of tropes and cliches bury anything appealing. It's just a pastiche of bad, generic shonen.

That had a solid dub and occasional great animation

plus a so awful that it is amazing Bones Ending.

Go away Kate Upton.

The show is doing really fucking well. Apparently the average Toonami viewer adores this edgy cliche shit.
Makes sense. They did love Deadman Wonderland

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The jarring shift between AgK and M&H's dubs continues to hurt my neck.

Batdan is like the One Piece superfan, pretty sure he's been reading the manga since its inception :p

Heh, I wish I was reading it since 1997.
Buuut I did start reading it in 2003 when Viz started translating so... I guess that counts?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Its a mainstream anime so probs never.

I have bad news for you

AgK had the biggest premier in ALL of Toonami history

It ain't going nowhere

Judging from prior performance....a fourth of the way through its second run.

Go away Kate Upton.

kbF0Hqf.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom