• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

oq99Gvy.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Kill la Kill. It was dumb, nonsensical, silly, and really shameless.
... But damn was it enjoyable. If there's ever a sequel, I look forward to it.

This episode made me realize I would have liked KLK much more if the animation and art in general was always this on point. It was pretty alright though.

And that's that. Is Kill la Kill as good as Gurren Lagann? I don't think so. Is it a bad anime? Certainly not. I quite enjoy Kill la Kill. Not a masterpiece by any means but it's a fun ride. Time for Michiko & Hatchin.

Holy shit no wonder ppl said this last episode was over the top, ridiculous and nonsensical. Still I don't regret watching the whole thing. It was mindless fun...at some points.

Crocodile

Wait, where is my Gainax ending, Trigger?!

I'm still salty after Panty & Stocking. No more Gainax endings plz

I can't deal with short-haired Satsuki

Long hair > Short hair always.

Come at me.

Satsuki cut her beautiful hair.
1299487390071.jpg

Short haired Satsuki is worst part of this ending

Fight me irl

So many wrong opinions SMH

Line_HTX

I'm sorry I couldn't catch up with Michiko, but I'll do my best to keep up with what's going on.

Walked so much at San Japan, and speaking of which, I bought the entire Michiko & Hatchin thinpak from the Funimation booth at $40 flat. Fucking sweet ass S.A.V.E. print.

Korigama

Short haired Satsuki is worst part of this ending

Fight me irl
It is a shame, but at least there was still a reason for it beyond the arbitrary Important Haircut trope (too bad that we won't be getting the episode that covers that, though).

Either way, I always preferred KLK's ending over TTGL's, which brought down the latter considerably for me (not that I ever felt it was anywhere close to the best mecha anime, nevermind GOAT anime).

Well, that's over.

My opinion of Satsuki did do a complete one-eighty - she was the best character in the entire affair after all (actually the only one I thought was honestly interesting and wouldn't mind seeing more of). Too bad the show she's attached to is just thoroughly dumb and didn't really do anything for me.

Definitely overrated as far as I'm concerned.

Moaradin

Kill la Kill is monstrously stupid, and that's what makes it great.

I don't know why people calling it stupid act like it's some big revelation or something.

KLK is stupid, and it's fully aware of that fact and has fun with it. That's what makes it great.

And now a show that doesn't have half the charm or personality is gonna replace it. Enjoy.

Overall extremely entertaining. Will write the ending off as a "meh, it's anime and endings very rarely make any damn sense." Also sorta odd to have such a serious end after the show was most notable for being so humorous and pointlessly lewd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom