• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, this falls under "so stupid, it's fun", especially since the show kind of is aware how silly it gets at times. Obviously nowhere near as great as GL, but that was a freakin' hard anime to top. Glad I rewatched it & very impressed with how well the dub was handled. Prefer it over subbed.

BTW, since it probably won't be aired, here's what happens in the OVA episode 25.

Graduation day is approaching. Satsuki is feeling regret for putting the students through all that BS in the beginning of the series. Hoohmaru (that other woman with Ragyo) comes back for revenge, gathering the remaining life fibers into clones of Satsuki and the Elite Four, as they were at the start of the series, and they fight everyone. Everyone assures them that they don't hold the beginning of the series against them, and despite no longer having life fibers, the real Elite Four and Satsuki beat the copies. Ryuko beats up Hoohmaru. The date scene in the credits of episode 24 takes place after this.

Crocodile

Being stupid and over the top doesn't absolve KLK from its flaws. We can still demand more from our silly/crazy action shows. Still an enjoyable enough rewatch though.

Kill la Kill started decent but the way it went on and the lack of a concrete theme made me wonder if they were just making shit up as they went along

So would you say it lost its way?

But I like short-hair Satsuki

I misread that then, sorry.

TheOGB

Banned
I can't say KLK was disappointing because I've seen it before and loved it, but yeah, it is really fucking dumb and really fucking flawed. But I'm ultimately okay with that.

Time for more child abuse

Soulflarz

Banned
I was here last week for toonami but I forgot that in theory so rip me understanding this episode until it all comes back to me

Korigama

I don't know why people calling it stupid act like it's some big revelation or something.

KLK is stupid, and it's fully aware of that fact and has fun with it. That's what makes it great.

And now a show that doesn't have half the charm or personality is gonna replace it. Enjoy.
I'm still so annoyed that Toonami decided to make Akame ga Kill of all things the first show they licensed from Sentai.
For a show called Kill la Kill, who was killed?
Ryuko and Satsuki's dad.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, that old lady is rather good.

Also OOOOOHHHH YES, it seems Michiko wears less clothing as the series goes on. At this rate, I look forward to the final episode.

I don't get why KLK gets a pass for being mind numbingly stupid but SAO is raked under the coals. Is it because the latter tends to take itself more seriously? Maybe, but KLK has these weird moments where it will go into super serious mode even though the majority of the show is meant to be humorous. I think both shows are dumb and fall in the below average tier tbh.

discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom