• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagnarokX

You become a chunin for more than just brute strength, gaara vs naruto basically came down to a chakra/jinchuuriki batle

That was bullshit Kishi came up with to explain why Shikamaru was promoted despite losing his round. Gaara vs Naruto was essentially the final round of the tournament and if Naruto hadn't beat him the Leaf might have been crushed. Great reason for a promotion.

I feel like One Piece opening are mostly pretty meh to be honest.

I do like the current one.

Even though it reminds of how terrible Franky's current design is.

NO I WON'T LET IT GO! COME AT ME!

That was bullshit Kishi came up with to explain why Shikamaru was promoted despite losing his round. Gaara vs Naruto was essentially the final round of the tournament and if Naruto hadn't beat him the Leaf might have been crushed. Great reason for a promotion.

Do we ever see Naruto get promoted outside of the finale where it happened off screen?

Well I'l be damned. Is this shit supposed to even trick kids. Like, is a kid gunna see this and think he's doing anything other than smoking. I'm so freaking confused at what that accomplishes other than looking stupid as hell.

They changed Sanji's age in the anime for the same reason

Luffy has some high profile family members.

On the other hand, Chunnins, even ones as young as Shikamaru, are allowed to lead missions and command teams. I wouldn't trust that kind of power to 13 year old Naruto. Or 15 year old Naruto.

Do we ever see Naruto get promoted outside of the finale where it happened off screen?

Well, in a post-series extra chapter, we do see
Naruto becoming Hokage. Or we would have if his daughter didn't punch him in the crotch, forcing Konohamaru to pretend to be him for the ceremony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom