• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Ugh, giving Asuma this death speech and having the clouds go all rainy and all this shit is actually ruining his death. It would have been more poignant if he just went out in one shot (and any important stuff he had to say been something he said beforehand)

What drama? The drama hasn't even started yet. Only a couple brief scenes of foreshadowing. I know that since it's SAO, most people look at it and go "oh great, I can't wait to see what kind of shitshow this will be" without giving it a fair shot. And in most cases I would agree with that thought when it comes to SAO. But I think this arc handles it's drama pretty decently when you compare it to any of the previous lolworthy attempts at drama.

I'm really interested to see how the dub handles it.

Look I'm describing what I'm watching. I'm looking at a bunch of characters that have been given little characterization (we just haven't had much time) act all awkward and beat around the bush to do anything to not reveal
their impending death
. It felt all clumsy at the end of the episode, not natural or poignant.

Raxus

Shikamaru...be the best part of the series and then
inexplicably be a background character for the canon after this arc.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's Naruto.

o3SVoOI.gif

Shikamaru....

....whoever becomes Hokage is probably gonna be an idiot.

I need you to be there for them, because you're the only intelligent person in this series.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Explain something to me, I thought Tsunade had a rule where every squad needed a medical ninja on their squad... so why the fuck did Asuma's team not have one? Not that it would have saved him but still.

wut, ino is a medical ninja, also I dont think it was a rule, it was something she wanted as a rule but it was rejected, dont know if it was changed when she became hokage tho.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Look Shippuden, we just got past Merry's death, and that was a legit sad moment.
You're doing it wrong!

I am sure those Chunin exams were really interesting.

They are not.

I remember when people were hyping it up. It turned out shit like all Nardo filler

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Did they pass EVERYONE in that last chunnin exam? Seems like every notable character became a chunnin the year after Shikamaru did. Was Might Guy the exam instructor or something?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This episode always gets me.

Still, the timing kinda sucks given we just had the Merry die and that had way more feels.

The other party wouldn't have made it to the boss room then. It can't be a coincidence that the episode that has an implied Kirito loss is also the first good SAO episode.

They could have run back to their bodies during the boss fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom