• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mik317

Comparing this death episode to the Going Merry's death episode is like night and day LOL

it really doesn't work mainly because we barely spent anytime with Asuma prior to this...especially the manga. The series spends too much time focusing on two characters and then crams a shitton of secondary characters and expect us to give a fuck about them.

it really doesn't work mainly because we barely spent anytime with Asuma prior to this...especially the manga. The series spends too much time focusing on two characters and then crams a shitton of secondary characters and expect us to give a fuck about them.

The series also didn't develop those two main characters in the right way to have their bff bromance work the way it's shoved in our face

Crocodile

XkNVVtI.gif

nah the event this gif is tied to was much more poignant

BTW, in the manga, Shikamaru started smoking Asuma's cigarette at this point, which is what prompted him complaining about the smoke. This was removed in the anime because underage smoking.

Don't worry Kurenai.

Asuma's death opened the way for a lot of creepy fanfiction where Shikamaru starts banging you!

So you got that to look forward to.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
BTW, in the manga, Shikamaru started smoking Asuma's cigarette at this point, which is what prompted him complaining about the smoke. This was removed in the anime because underage smoking.

They could just pull a JoJo and cover Shikamaru's face in a giant black blot.

Mik317

The series also didn't develop those two main characters in the right way to have their bff bromance work the way it's shoved in our face

that too.

That could have been resolved if the series didn't jump straight into the Chunin exams and Team 7 had a few more missions together.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I am watching dancing babies at 1:30 AM in the morning on a children's netowkr showing japanese cartoons on a Sunday morning. In my underwear.

What am I doing with my life?

The series also didnt develop
the protagonists relationship with his main love interest and had to get them together in a 2 hour movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom