• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
Coby grew in he most nonsensical way x.x

The three Admirals and the 7 Warlords are meant to act as a balance on the Four Emperors, meanwhile the emperors act as a balance on each other.

Ah. And why does CP9 exist? Weren't they spazzing about being against the government?

Oh screw you die.

I frequently run into people who remember me, but I never remember them.

That either means they were assholes who I tried to forget, or I'm a dick who never remembers anyone.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, all that hyping of CP9? Forget that, power creep means they're nothing but trash.

It's not really power creep so much as they were never meant to be top tier in the first place. They were always midlevel at best. Aokiji was top tier as far as the marines went and he could absolutely wreck CP9 easy. Hell, so could Hawkeye. The power levels are pretty clearly laid out.

Amikami

Banned
I frequently run into people who remember me, but I never remember them.

That either means they were assholes who I tried to forget, or I'm a dick who never remembers anyone.

Same here. Just smile and laugh and pretend you remember until you find a way to get their name.

Maron

That can't possibly be right? Really?

I mean in context of the actual series/world. Since when Luffy and Zorro actually met Coby and the blonde dude.

It's true. It's really just been several months at this point. Stuff like that is basically confirmed later when we still have stuff like Gold Roger's execution still being stated as happening 22 years ago.

It's not really power creep so much as they were never meant to be top tier in the first place. They were always midlevel at best. Aokiji was top tier as far as the marines went and he could absolutely wreck CP9 easy. Hell, so could Hawkeye.
I think CP9 are just those guys who are pretty hype to a group of people and all the really strong people are known by EVERYONE.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
That can't possibly be right? Really?

I mean in context of the actual series/world. Since when Luffy and Zorro actually met Coby and the blonde dude.
One Piece has an exceedingly vague timeline. If you take it literally, everything in the series takes place over a week or two. But lots of stuff happens "off screen" between the characters.

You're pretty much expected to assume that substantial loafing around time occurs between arcs but not enough to age up any characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom