• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
THAT DRAGOOOON??

6rNmXY2.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Also Dragon is another big power in the world.

There are basically 3 sides to the One Piece world.

The Navy/World Government - The Four Emperors - The Revolutionaries

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
That's right, Luffy's grandpa is the hero of the marines and fought toe to toe with the Pirate King. And his dad is the revolutionary Dragon, the most wanted man in the world.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So...

Monkey D. Luffy
Monkey D. Garp
Monkey D. Dragon (or is it Monkey D. Ragon?)

.......lol, so does that mean Gold Roger is actually Gol D. Roger & it was secretly in front of us all this time every single episode when they'd show that intro about Gold Roger, considering everyone has "D" for their middle initial? & he could actually be related to Luffy & Garp?

Oh well, guess we'll have to wait & see.

Luffy's Mom must be the final boss
Luffys mom is actually gold roger.
major spoilers
I dunno if its true but I heard speculation that luffs mom is Crocidile but she was turned into a man by a character later. Its probably bullshit but ill believe anything in one piece.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So...

Monkey D. Luffy
Monkey D. Garp

.......lol, so does that mean Gold Roger is actually Gol D. Roger & it was secretly in front of us all this time every single episode when they'd show that intro about Gold Roger, considering everyone has "D" for their middle initial? & he could actually be related to Luffy & Garp?

Gold Roger was revealed to actually be Gol D. Roger a long time ago. Back at Drum Island, I think.

Raxus

I can't hold all these plot bombs.

Oda is infamous for this. Writes an emotional episode. A little bit of closing for the arc and then PLOT DUMP.

It is great.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So...

Monkey D. Luffy
Monkey D. Garp

It really is Monkey D. Dragon

Also, damn you hit the nail on the head with Roger being a D.
The second part is a little more complicated.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hope you enjoyed all that world-building. A lot of it will be important much later down the line.

See you in the morning.

Soulflarz

Banned
Gold Roger was revealed to actually be Gol D. Roger a long time ago. Back at Drum Island, I think.

Yeah I was going to say Gol D. Roger sounds right lol.

On that note, I'm basically expecting it. Is Ace his full brother/half brother? Or does Dragon have a brother and hes the uncle?

*shrugs cause Idk my timeline that well for Rogers age*

Moaradin

Luffys mom is actually gold roger.
major spoilers
I dunno if its true but I heard speculation that luffs mom is Crocidile but she was turned into a man by a character later. Its probably bullshit but ill believe anything in one piece.

That sounds hilarious but I wouldn't even call bullshit if it ended up being true because of a character and their devil fruit powers later on. Only in One Piece.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
lol wtf. You high, bro?

Croc has some history with
Iva
and you know how fans can be.

I can't think of many straight-up orphan heroes, besides Naruto. A lot of them only have one parent and/or a powerful parent that is off doing other things, and Luffy fits that archetype.

In fairness, Luffy may as well have been an orphan considering how he was raised. We get to see some of that in a few years actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom