• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm probably forgetting some really bad scenes, but for the most part I enjoy KLK's fights. SAO's are all just "Kirito effortlessly approaches his gun wielding opponent then cuts them down." Even the Death Gun fight wasn't all that interesting.

the last fourth or so of Kill la Kill was only sporadically animated

Crocodile

What the fuck was even the last 10 minutes of this episode?

I'm convinced SAO is meant to be a comedy and that the creator is trolling everyone with the rampant melodrama

I mean that's fine if that what want to tell yourself to enjoy said show but its obvious that not the author's intent.

I get enjoying something for being so bad its good, but its very clear that SAO isn't trying to pull a sharknado and make something intentionally bad. Its why SAO is infinitely funnier in a bad way compared to a sharknado type film/series

I'm probably forgetting some really bad scenes, but for the most part I enjoy KLK's fights. SAO's are all just "Kirito effortlessly approaches his gun wielding opponent then cuts them down." Even the Death Gun fight wasn't all that interesting.

If you are talking the actual fight content then yeah they are both pretty lame asspull shit outside of a few fights in this arc of SAO II but when it comes to direction/animation/stuff like that SAO destroys KLK easily.

This show has me curious what direction its gonna take. I think calling it "horribly inconsistent" after only six episodes is jumping the gun, but I'm interested to see where it goes.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know how you guys didn't follow that episode. Last week's was pretty complicated to follow because of unannounced flashbacks and the like, but this episode was super straightforward. Probably the easiest to follow episode since the first one, actually.

TheOGB

Banned
Well... okay.

I get the idea that will be said more frequently with this show and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I'm convinced SAO is meant to be a comedy and that the creator is trolling everyone with the rampant melodrama

It's not considering how seriously people take it. In the beginning, even Kawahara did when he was a much less experienced writer. Now he knows exactly what he's doing to appeal to the people that go crazy over it (he's implied as much in interviews), and jams the few good ideas he has into Accel World.

Grexeno

I don't know how you guys didn't follow that episode. Last week's was pretty complicated to follow because of unannounced flashbacks and the like, but this episode was super straightforward. Probably the easiest to follow episode since the first one, actually.
Okay, you explain it.

Takashi

Those talkinging about inconsistent tones: remember that cowboy Bebop episode where they all tripped on shrooms?

To be fair, that wasn't a two parter that was built up. It would be like Jupiter Jazz pt. 2 ending with Spike and Vicious playing card games on motorcycles.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

I have to wonder if people are only half paying attention.

Probably just most people still in the process of turning their brains back on every week after KLK.

It's not considering how seriously people take it. In the beginning, even Kawahara did when he was a much less experienced writer. Now he knows exactly what he's doing to appeal to the people that go crazy over it, and jams the few good ideas he has into Accel World.

His "Isolator" is great too. I hope he can writer more of it so it can be animated.

Puruzi

Banned
It's not considering how seriously people take it. In the beginning, even Kawahara did when he was a much less experienced writer. Now he knows exactly what he's doing to appeal to the people that go crazy over it, and jams the few good ideas he has into Accel World.
Is there ever going to be a season 2 for Accel World? I quite enjoyed that series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom