• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

This show has me curious what direction its gonna take. I think calling it "horribly inconsistent" after only six episodes is jumping the gun, but I'm interested to see where it goes.

Yeah, I guess I got lucky that this is my first episode. Thankfully I just bought the whole thing earlier today. I'll unwrap in later after Toonami's over.

That was surprisingly easy to follow.

Raxus

Time for

Excalibur_face.jpg

Soulflarz

Banned
If anything the more serious episodes of Bebop were more inconistent in terms of tone compared to the goofy ones

Saw bebop for the first time like a few weeks ago, I don't think anything was actually inconsistent, the show just worked.

However, I really don't think it worked in this show, it was just too silly.

jph139

Those talkinging about inconsistent tones: remember that cowboy Bebop episode where they all tripped on shrooms?

Yeah, I think the comparison to Bebop is pretty apt as far as plot/tone goes. People forget how random Bebop gets at times. Blacksploitation shrooms, space truckers, computer cults, Boogie Woogie Feng Shui... it's not all Vicious and Faye backstory and syndicate shit.

Of course, quality-wise, I don't think there's a real comparison (and this is coming from someone who adores Michiko and Hatchin - this is my third time through!).

Crocodile

To be fair, that wasn't a two parter that was built up. It would be like Jupiter Jazz pt. 2 ending with Spike and Vicious playing card games on motorcycles.

This sounds amazing <3

I have to wonder if people are only half paying attention.

This is probably the right answer

SAO was actually somewhat tolerable last week.

Give me some more sick fighting animation and I'll be satisfied.

No it wasn't

I don't know how you guys didn't follow that episode. Last week's was pretty complicated to follow because of unannounced flashbacks and the like, but this episode was super straightforward. Probably the easiest to follow episode since the first one, actually.

The only thing that seems weird is Michiko disguising herself as a bull fighter to seemingly lure out the fat guy. Well that and the more slap stick comedy tone of that final scene

I don't know how you guys didn't follow that episode. Last week's was pretty complicated to follow because of unannounced flashbacks and the like, but this episode was super straightforward. Probably the easiest to follow episode since the first one, actually.

I think the general feeling is that it didn't really feel like a part 2 of a two-part episode.

Or put another way - did that story need to be a 2-part episode?

Saw bebop for the first time like a few weeks ago, I don't think anything was actually inconsistent, the show just worked.

However, I really don't think it worked in this show, it was just too silly.

I agree, I'm just saying it more in a technical way if you want to nit pick

Also that op cut is awful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom