• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Despite the very stupid twists it is still miles ahead of Shamballa.

Will talk about it more this tomorrow. Sleeping now.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
For the record, I actually like Milos. It's by far the best original content Bones has made. It just frustrates me to no end how Bones kept forgetting factoids about the series they had just spent 2 years working on. That and the main girl being a red head for some reason.

Top notch animation though and the Bones-esque plot twists weren't that bad.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
For the record, I actually like Milos. It's by far the best original content Bones has made. It just frustrates me to no end how Bones kept forgetting factoids about the series they had just spent 2 years working on. That and the main girl being a red head for some reason.

I'm into red heads >.>

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Scar is just so unimpressed by all of this.
g4UwbCC.jpg

Seda

Only two more episodes of FMA.

Two comments about this episode:

1.) There is a fair amount of criticism about Al's fainting spells not leading to anything significant in the series. I sort of get what people mean, Al never actually finds himself to be in legitimate jeopardy, but, his experiences allow him to come up with his finale idea on how to give Ed a second arm. So, it's not totally pointless and unused I figure.

2.) Ed's BECOME THE STONE moment feels like a copout, even though using life-force for alchemy is an established thing in a sense. We really should have seen some aftermath effect of Ed's actions though.

Crocodile

Better than the Space Dandy, Cowboy Bebop movie, Rahxephon, Eureka Seven, Sword of the Stranger, etc.? BONES has done a LOT of original content (which I assume you mean not adapted directly from another medium)

1.) There is a fair amount of criticism about Al's fainting spells not leading to anything significant in the series. I sort of get what people mean, Al never actually finds himself to be in legitimate jeopardy, but, his experiences allow him to come up with his finale idea on how to give Ed a second arm. So, it's not totally pointless and unused I figure.

2.) Ed's BECOME THE STONE moment feels like a copout, even though using life-force for alchemy is an established thing in a sense. We really should have seen some aftermath effect of Ed's actions though.
Is the "become the stone" thing today? I fucking love that moment. Most badass thing I've ever seen ever.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

That moment foreshadows his fight with Pride later in the series, without that moment he can't do what he does there.

Becomes the stone?

grandjedi6

Better than the Space Dandy, Cowboy Bebop movie, Rahxephon, Eureka Seven, Sword of the Stranger, etc.? BONES has done a LOT of original content (which I assume you mean not adapted directly from another medium)

I don't consider works by Watanabe and Dai Sato as purely Bones works since they just wrote it instead of relying upon Bones' writing skills.

Crocodile

It's a shame Kimbalee's extra stone was found AFTER Ed had to transmute himself but I guess Ed would refuse to use it anyway.

I don't consider works by Watanabe and Dai Sato as purely Bones works since they just wrote it instead of relying upon Bones' writing skills.

I mean that knocks out Eureka Seven, Cowboy Bebop, Space Dandy and I think Wolf's Rain but there still a lot of original content left. Plus using freelance writers isn't really out of the norm for any studio right? I mean I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with you just surprised anyone considers Milos the peak of the writing skills of BONES internal team to make original content.

Seda

When I was originally watching this, I think I audibly gasped when Ed saw the bar impaled in him. I must've been really into this.

Edward Elric: Certified Badass. I love how quick to turn Heinkel and Darius are. Time for Ghost in the Shell.

It's brainwashing for a Milosian girl to want to save a bunch of Milosians?

Seeing as how those same Milosians treated her family as outsiders and shunned them and she only learned of their struggle later, yes. :D

grandjedi6

It's a shame Kimbalee's extra stone was found AFTER Ed had to transmute himself but I guess Ed would refuse to use it anyway.

I mean that knocks out Eureka Seven, Cowboy Bebop, Space Dandy and I think Wolf's Rain but there still a lot of original content left. Plus using freelance writers isn't really out of the norm for any studio right? I mean I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with you just surprised anyone considers Milos the peak of the writing skills of BONES internal team to make original content.

I'm sure there's something they've done by themselves that's better. I just can't think of it readily and have a pretty low opinion of the "typical" Bones original writing attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom