• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
ebqkWu2.gif

Actually, on secondthought....Undropped.

I need a new hate watch now that SAO is done.

For it's faults Sailor Moon Crystal is far better then SAO, the only thing SAO has over it is a budget and animation that looks like it wasn't made the day before it was uploaded online. It's also not like most of what happened in this weeks episode is surprising when it's more or less how it played out in the original anime. The only bizarre thing Crystal did was changed the handling for the 4 kings, in the manga
they were all killed way before this point
yet in Crystal
they were kept around until this week... where they were killed by a big FU beam by the main antagonist...

daveo42

Banned
I haven't seen it in ages and have yet to watch its dub. It's probably nowhere near as good as I thought it did when I first watched it in college years ago.

For it's faults Sailor Moon Crystal is far better then SAO, the only thing SAO has over it is a budget and animation that looks like it wasn't made the day before it was uploaded online. It's also not like most of what happened in this weeks episode is surprising when it's more or less how it played out in the original anime. The only bizarre thing Crystal did was changed the handling for the 4 kings, in the manga
they were all killed way before this point
yet in Crystal
they were kept around until this week... where they were killed by a big FU beam by the main antagonist...

Being slightly better than SAO isn't saying much.

I know this manga is old, but I'm having a tough time sitting through the cliches, Usagi being completely unbearable, the Sailor Guardians jobbing every other episode, the uneventful...events.....

Maybe if I had any nostalgic value toward Sailor Moon, I might be able to look past it, but I can't.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Being slightly better than SAO isn't saying much.

I know this manga is old, but I'm having a tough time sitting through the cliches, Usagi being completely unbearable, the Sailor Guardians jobbing every other episode, the uneventful...events.....

Maybe if I had any nostalgic value toward Sailor Moon, I might be able to look past it, but I can't.

It isn't helping that Crystal is taking some very bad liberties with the source material.

Moaradin

Lol I thought the whole point of Sailor Moon Crystal was to have an anime that stays true to the source material. Why would they take liberties when the original Sailor Moon anime already exist?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Lol I thought the whole point of Sailor Moon Crystal was to have an anime that stays true to the source material. Why would they take liberties when the original Sailor Moon anime already exist?
It's real point is being the world's ugliest twice monthly anime adaptation.

Well some of the changes could have made sense like keeping the 4 kings alive longer had they done something logical/thematic with it... instead of just killing them later. The other moment Shard mentioned doesn't really phase me as much
the fact Usagi stabs Beryl instead of Minako didn't phase me as much as they stabbed the necklace instead of stabbing her through the stomach

Still having just finished the final episode of SAO S2, I must say for the 5-6 minutes where the author either entered a zen like phase or had someone else write something good was compensated by 15 minutes of eye rolling along with the most pointless twist? reveal in any anime ever.

are we pretty much getting new sailor moon?

scust

I'd say the odds of us getting both Sailor Moon Uncut AND Sailor Moon Crystal is pretty high

This is why they show movies. Not even we are watching in full strength.

It doesn't help that both Broly and Akira are films your average US anime fan has probably seen multiple times.

Pretty much relegating One Piece to 1:30 forever.

That's probably the best spot for One Piece sadly :/ Not that it impacts me or most of Toonami GAF I imagine but it's probably never going to be bigger then it is in the US and if you have shows like Sailor Moon with a pre installed larger US base you might as well milk them for as much as you can.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzSxZxf41J5FIUb

Scream, screams everywhere.

I should watch my new Bubblegum Crisis BluRay Ultimate Edition during these movies... but too dedicated to Toonami for that! (Not like I haven't seen it before...)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Bah, my PS3 crashed after beating the Groundshaker in Kingdom Hearts II FM HD. Good thing he's easy.

Right then, almost Toonami time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom