• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.

34xZZX1.jpg

SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

January is going to be a good month for anime.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wonder if they're waiting for the second season of Part 3 to finish before announcing news of the dub.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Mikasa learns of Eren's fate, and then Goku and the Z Fighters take on the legendary Super Saiyan Broly himself. After that, it's back to Neo-Tokyo as Kaneda and the gang are back to blow things up again, the Individual Eleven gathers, all hell breaks loose in Paradigm City, and the Scotsman returns to steal the show once more.

11:30 - Attack on Titan - 7 - Small Blade: The Struggle for Trost, Part 3
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z: Broly – The Legendary Super Saiyan
1:30 - AKIRA
4:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - 12 - SELECON
5:00 - Big O - 25 - The War of Paradigm City
5:30 - Samurai Jack - 45 - The Scotsman Saves Jack: Part I

Regiruler

Tonight on Toonami, Mikasa learns of Eren's fate, and then Goku and the Z Fighters take on the legendary Super Saiyan Broly himself. After that, it's back to Neo-Tokyo as Kaneda and the gang are back to blow things up again, the Individual Eleven gathers, all hell breaks loose in Paradigm City, and the Scotsman returns to steal the show once more.

11:30 - Attack on Titan - 7 - Small Blade: The Struggle for Trost, Part 3
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z: Broly – The Legendary Super Saiyan
1:30 - AKIRA
4:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - 12 - SELECON
5:00 - Big O - 25 - The War of Paradigm City
5:30 - Samurai Jack - 45 - The Scotsman Saves Jack: Part I

Akira goes until 4:30?

Oh god. might have to bust out DVR no jutsu on this one.

Jarate

Banned
I thought Johnny Test got cancelled!

Im sure they still run it, I dont think it gets new episodes

It's a bad show, but it probably costs like 4 dollars to make, and honestly, can it be any worse then Rocket Power, and people still love that shit.

y'know, speaking of JoJo, I feel like even the good action shows this year were disappointing in one way or another.

Bahamut was way more interesting when it wasn't focused on its overarching plot.

Parasyte sidelined its good characters and devotes too much time to awful romance while rushing its plot development.

Even JoJo feels a little bit stretched, which makes fights that would have been astounding single episodes into okay two-parters.

Jarate

Banned
The FF15 dub sounds great and both Bahamut and Parasyte are great you guys are crazy
It was purely Noxis's voice, and I don't think it was a bad voice perse, but the choice of voice actor and voice is just incredibly weird. Dude looks like a high school japanese kid yet has the voice of a 40 year old man who's smoked every day and worked in a coal mine

*whip crack*
Don't
*whip crack*
you
*whip crack*
mean-
*whip crack*
*whip crack*
*whip crack*
*whip crack*
*whip crack*
It's
*whip crack*
Johnny
*whip crack*
Test
*whip crack*
This
*whip crack*
is
*whip crack*
the
*whip crack*
only
*whip crack*
sound
*whip crack*
effect
*whip crack*
they
*whip crack*
use.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I hate shows like Johnny Test that just don't shut the hell up, especially with sound effects. Like "HOLY CRAP WE GOTTA HAVE SOUND OR SOMEONE TALKING EVERY SINGLE SECOND OR ELSE WE'LL LOSE THE AUDIENCE'S ATTENTION!!!!!". Another example would be Big Time Rush on Nickelodeon.

I'm also growing to hate the laugh track on kid's shows as well.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The FF15 dub sounds great and both Bahamut and Parasyte are great you guys are crazy

The FF XV dub sounds super weird to me. I think it's more of an uncanny valley thing, though. It's almost like the same feeling as watching a dub of a live action Hong Kong movie. Something is just...off.

The FF XV dub sounds super weird to me. I think it's more of an uncanny valley thing, though. It's almost like the same feeling as watching a dub of a live action Hong Kong movie. Something is just...off.

I think what makes it uncanny is that after 8 years of nothing suddenly not only do we have trailers with real gameplay but we also have English dub work already done to a considerable extent. Part of my brain is still trying to wrap myself around the fact that vs13/15 is now a real thing that is in the process of getting a finalized worldwide release in a year or two.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
lip-syncing?

Could be, but at least part of it is that some voices just flat out don't match what you would expect based on appearances, and they look close enough to real people now that the mind has a more difficult time accepting the dichotomy.

Even FF XIII was significantly more cartoonish in its approach to faces and animation by comparison.

Grexeno

I hate shows like Johnny Test that just don't shut the hell up, especially with sound effects. Like "HOLY CRAP WE GOTTA HAVE SOUND OR SOMEONE TALKING EVERY SINGLE SECOND OR ELSE WE'LL LOSE THE AUDIENCE'S ATTENTION!!!!!". Another example would be Big Time Rush on Nickelodeon.

I'm also growing to hate the laugh track on kid's shows as well.
Basically Johnny Test looked at 4Kids One Piece and was like "Yes, this is the way to make a TV show."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom