• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I love how everything Mari gets into is basically a gender-flipped version of a Shinji situation. And she deals with them so much better! That's really basically enough to make me ok with her presence; she lets us Re[Do] scenes that Shinji faltered about / whined in.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If you didn't see the original series, they held on that shot of Rei & Asuka in the elevator for FOURTY-FIVE SECONDS before they started talking.

I'M NOT JOKING.

JB2448

If you didn't see the original series, they held on that shot of Rei & Asuka in the elevator for FOURTY-FIVE SECONDS before they started talking.

I'M NOT JOKING.

Another scene made more great when complemented with the viewer's memory of the original.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I really hate Misato's scratchy voice. So annoying.

I actually like the scratch. Much like her personality, her voice seems to jump from fun loving to serious, and in between very often, and that works SO WELL with her actual motions and personality.

I was prepared to hate the new take on these characters after seeing original Eva, but the new voicework generally won me over.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
While you guys were rewatching eva movies, I was busy watching the berserk movies.

As expected as someone who read the manga, I am left conflicted with both nerd rage and nerd joy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom