• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmmmmm, as great as the fight it, I don't know, I feel like the fact Shinji & the audience didn't know who it was until afterwards in the original series left a greater impact compared to this one.

daveo42

Banned
Hmmmmm, as great as the fight it, I don't know, I feel like the fact Shinji & the audience didn't know who it was until afterwards in the original series left a greater impact compared to this one.

Yup. The impact from that scene and who it ends up being is one of the superior arcs in the anime.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hahaha, & then this music plays as the stuff that's happening.

.........though someone remind me, did we get subtitles for the music last time?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So....this song & this scene or the song selection used for that one scene in End of Eva where everything's TUMBLING DOWN?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Don't know why, but I really liked this scene in both versions, like Shinji finally snaps & grows a pair to stand up to his father. Yeah, he still kind of acts like a child, but at least he's starting to grow a backbone.

Don't know why, but I really liked this scene in both versions, like Shinji finally snaps & grows a pair to stand up to his father. Yeah, he still kind of acts like a child, but at least he's starting to grow a backbone.
True but as Gendo said Shinji just looks like a child throwing a tantrum.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
True but as Gendo said Shinji just looks like a child throwing a tantrum.
Yeah, the way he states it is perfect. Guess I just liked the idea of Shinji just finally getting tired of taking his dad's crap & trying to destroy NERV with the Eva.

Im guessing they just had to shoe horn a reason for shinji to have a walkman in the 2010s huh?
Ive been playing xenogears all night and just came in.
And wow theyre just saying their character motivations.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The other reason why there's less impact over the original. Pilot of 003 survives.
Oh snap, I forgot about that in the TV series. Yeah, original had a much bigger [2nd] impact on the viewer compared to the movie.

Edit: *Sees B.K's post* Oh, well, I still stand by the fact original handled the scene better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom