• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

I'm okay with the family members getting really sad at the granny dying. I mean, it was her birthday and she did have a lot of character and spirit.

What bothers me (and it really shouldn't) is just how cliche the females in this family are. It's like they are from the 1950s where they live in the kitchen like perfect housewives. It's probably just a Japanese culture thing but it just strikes me as kinda annoying.

Crocodile

It's still annoying. People giving a shit when old people die has never made sense to me.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Seriously what's wrong with you though?

It takes place before the Xing peeps appear. So.... Early. But also after Al relearns his no transmutation circle alchemy. So... It's confusing.

Doesn't Al relearn it at the end of the Greed vs Wrath Fight which is the episode before we see him use it versus Ling's crew?

it's stuff like that, all the coincidences, and some odd pacing that makes me think this movie is really overrated. i mean it's fun as hell, but still.

Dude, anime is just one big coincidence. The one kid in high school is the only one who can pilot the giant robot for some reason? No problem.

it's stuff like that, all the coincidences, and some odd pacing that makes me think this movie is really overrated. i mean it's fun as hell, but still.

You're overrated!

Nah I get your points, I just think the film is still really good despite them.

Dude, anime is just one big coincidence. The one kid in high school is the only one who can pilot the giant robot for some reason? No problem.

i think it's difference when something is the basic premise (and usually they do give some sort of reason). it's when it happens within the plot itself, or when there's a ton of it.

Crocodile

Those aren't the sort of narrative coincidences he's talking about.
One is coming up really soon though and boy is it annoying as AL FUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom