• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Dec14| Watch the reruns, Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzSugt8czr5Ib-3

zlCfzSugt8czr5Ib-3

zlCfzSulwiUiYrVHBm

Summer Wars 2013 Because Memories:

LATER.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone. Feels weird to go to sleep so early.
Good work SAB.

Did everyone enjoy Summer Wars? I would have watched it again, but I was just so tired...

Hellsing Ultimate:
Got a bit of Alucard's backstory (albeit censored for very good reason), and the truth-bomb about Walter.
Requiescat in pace Anderson (I know he's Irish, but he protects Italians).
It all ends next week in a massive 68 minute episode.

Jarate

Banned
I missed toonami again, but really, Hellsing im not caught up on and ive already seen the rest

DID I MISS ANY EPIDUO COMMERCIALS

Jarate

Banned
You were saved by sheer luck Jarate. Those ads are hell on earth.

I live for them

They are my sustenance, the Kazoo that plays is bellowing in my chambers throughout the night, the voice actor I hired to serenade my sleeps every night, I have an antire closet of epiduo, kelp, magnets and other assorted gag items that I rub on my face every night before bed.

When I wake up in the morning, I dream, that maybe some day, people will understand the brilliant narrative and social satire that the epiduo commercials produce, but alas, the simple minded sheeple of the United States do not understand the deep metaphors that permeate that commercial.

Im just upset because I didnt get to post my gifs, I didn;t miss much in Tooinami though.

Soulflarz

Banned
I live for them

They are my sustenance, the Kazoo that plays is bellowing in my chambers throughout the night, the voice actor I hired to serenade my sleeps every night, I have an antire closet of epiduo, kelp, magnets and other assorted gag items that I rub on my face every night before bed.

When I wake up in the morning, I dream, that maybe some day, people will understand the brilliant narrative and social satire that the epiduo commercials produce, but alas, the simple minded sheeple of the United States do not understand the deep metaphors that permeate that commercial.

Im just upset because I didnt get to post my gifs, I didn;t miss much in Tooinami though.

*Doesnt have acne so I laugh at your insanity*

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It was ice getting to chat in here a bit before diving into the DUMP last night. Really felt a bit off-balance all Toonami... I guess my body wanted to turn in Urrrly like many did last night.

Sonic Boom, Teen Titans Go Pokemon Xy Teen Titans Go. Time for the 8.5 hour challenge!

I made it through the BOOM, of which only 1 half episode was new. I kinda should watch Pokémon... Teen Titans Go I've seen every episode but a few multiple times, ha. It's kinda freaking me out!

Good job SAB CA!

Still ave to answer that PM you sent me. >.<

Thanks! Heh, at least I'm not the only one who gets stuck not replying to PMs after a while!

Great stuff, SAB. Seeing Mina Carolina being used as a chew toy is really gonna bum my friend out. Also nice to see last year's stuff.

Living in North Carolina, I think I get extra-attached to her too, ha. Every time this Epi airs, she's the only one I care about drawing... the other deaths (Especially Eren's!) Mean so little to me... Mina's face during the "Sasha Farted, SIR!" Scene from an EP ago actually stuck with me some, though, heh.

SW Dump last year felt so good. I got out basically everything I wanted to, I couldn't even begin to try and outdo it, ha. Reruns... eesh.

I like this Sketchdump.

I thank ya! Is it odd I had fun sticking in a (slightly wrong) episode quote? Sasami Valentine is best Valentine. (Guilty Gear Xrd probably wants to have a word with me now...)

*ahem* anyways, I ad a giggle m8 at your comments

You've actually made me want to watch an episode of Shippuden! WELL PLAYED!

I love how most of the comments were pretty much my reactions, haha. Except Bloodborne. I'm LTTP on anything SOULS-related. I just want a new Otogi, FROM!

Good morning everyone. Feels weird to go to sleep so early.
Good work SAB.

Did everyone enjoy Summer Wars? I would have watched it again, but I was just so tired...

Hellsing Ultimate:
Got a bit of Alucard's backstory (albeit censored for very good reason), and the truth-bomb about Walter.
Requiescat in pace Anderson (I know he's Irish, but he protects Italians).
It all ends next week in a massive 68 minute episode.

Thanks! I wanted to turn in early too! But the DUMP must go on!

I think I spent all my non-critical feels on AoT, Hellsing felt like so much fluff I didn't care about, a stupid sacrifice, a non-concern about Anderson's hammy self dying, and annoyance at Walter, a man who looked as if he might be fitting to match Alucard, getting Turbo-sick out of nowhere because even the concept of sickness and bad feelings root for Alucard in this world. Ahhh, but having Schrödinger around to take out aggression on... the world would be an... INTERESTING place if we all had anti-stress options like that.

Good morning
Hellsing seems to remind me of character action games and each episode ends with a boss battle.

Good stuff
The ToonamiGaf/Summer Wars experience . Street Fighter VI will be a SAB CA exclusive !

Everything Awesome in Hellsing would be perfect for games, eh? The episodes are even about one "stage" long!

You kinda make me think about how awesome it'd be to get a position with Capcom similar to what Maximilian got with Killer Instinct now, lol. My SFIV would totally have character age and change, 1 step beyond SNKP style, and I wonder if I'd be able to maintain a career / existence after the backlash, lol. (Oh, and I think the gameplay trailer is a step in the right direction, too! Ryu and Chunster both SOUND a bit more mature, at least! And yay, breaking background areas!)

Integra only owns an Xbox One. lol

Keiji would pass out from Bloodborne.

Integra and I are in the same boat for now! This will have to change before V comes out... doh!

I think Keiji Venture would have night terrors for months over Bloodborne. His new extended family would get him through it, though!

Things that bother me about Summer Wars:

Absurd coincidences all over the place. On one level, I don't think it's supposed to be entirely literal; it's supposed to be symbolic of what a family can accomplish when working together, taken to a very high degree. But Summer Wars is also trying to tell a story, and unless you're trying to be super symbolic and/or abstract there needs to be some level of believability for most good storytelling. It's pretty hard to swallow that all these people are under one roof, based on what they're all able to accomplish.

The female lead disappears for like half the movie. I don't personally believe the fact that the women turn into housewives and the men try to get things done is vaguely misogynistic; I think actually the opposite is true since the men fail. When the entire family, including the women, isn't united and in sync, no progress can occur. (It's here that one of the coincidences, Shouta moving the ice away from the computer at the precise moment for things to go bad, doesn't bother me because I think that's very symbolic; the family isn't in sync, so they can't succeed). And in this way, I think it's supposed to represent that the men are going about things the wrong way when they go off on their own (it helps that every family gathering I've been to has pretty much had that whole "us men are gonna go do stuff" thing occur). But anyway, while I think that aspect is largely excused, it doesn't really do any favors for the development of the relationship between the two leads; Natsuki is a very important character, so regardless of any attempted symbolism, removing her from a large portion of the movie is a pretty big misstep.

The pacing is kind of weird. It has probably one more confrontation with Love Machine than it needs to, and they don't really build the way you'd expect them to. While this isn't explicitly an action movie, it certainly has intense scenes, and like any good thriller or action movie those are supposed to get better as they go along. Summer Wars peaks early with the second confrontation with Love Machine.

The finale kind of betrays the core themes of the movie. While Natsuki needs the help of everyone else to win, she's still pretty much doing things herself. There were far better demonstrations of teamwork earlier in the movie.

In short, I think the save-the-world plot, the entire reason this is able to air on Toonami, is far and away the weakest aspect. Summer Wars is at its best when it's just showing the interactions within a massive family. It's still a really fun movie in spite of all these problems, but those problems make me disagree with a lot of praise piled on it.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It was ice getting to chat in here a bit before diving into the DUMP last night. Really felt a bit off-balance all Toonami... I guess my body wanted to turn in Urrrly like many did last night.

I made it through the BOOM, of which only 1 half episode was new. I kinda should watch Pokémon... Teen Titans Go I've seen every episode but a few multiple times, ha. It's kinda freaking me out!

Thanks! Heh, at least I'm not the only one who gets stuck not replying to PMs after a while!

Living in North Carolina, I think I get extra-attached to her too, ha. Every time this Epi airs, she's the only one I care about drawing... the other deaths (Especially Eren's!) Mean so little to me... Mina's face during the "Sasha Farted, SIR!" Scene from an EP ago actually stuck with me some, though, heh.

SW Dump last year felt so good. I got out basically everything I wanted to, I couldn't even begin to try and outdo it, ha. Reruns... eesh.

I thank ya! Is it odd I had fun sticking in a (slightly wrong) episode quote? Sasami Valentine is best Valentine. (Guilty Gear Xrd probably wants to have a word with me now...)

You've actually made me want to watch an episode of Shippuden! WELL PLAYED!

I love how most of the comments were pretty much my reactions, haha. Except Bloodborne. I'm LTTP on anything SOULS-related. I just want a new Otogi, FROM!

Thanks! I wanted to turn in early too! But the DUMP must go on!

I think I spent all my non-critical feels on AoT, Hellsing felt like so much fluff I didn't care about, a stupid sacrifice, a non-concern about Anderson's hammy self dying, and annoyance at Walter, a man who looked as if he might be fitting to match Alucard, getting Turbo-sick out of nowhere because even the concept of sickness and bad feelings root for Alucard in this world. Ahhh, but having Schrödinger around to take out aggression on... the world would be an... INTERESTING place if we all had anti-stress options like that.

Everything Awesome in Hellsing would be perfect for games, eh? The episodes are even about one "stage" long!

You kinda make me think about how awesome it'd be to get a position with Capcom similar to what Maximilian got with Killer Instinct now, lol. My SFIV would totally have character age and change, 1 step beyond SNKP style, and I wonder if I'd be able to maintain a career / existence after the backlash, lol. (Oh, and I think the gameplay trailer is a step in the right direction, too! Ryu and Chunster both SOUND a bit more mature, at least! And yay, breaking background areas!)

Integra and I are in the same boat for now! This will have to change before V comes out... doh!

I think Keiji Venture would have night terrors for months over Bloodborne. His new extended family would get him through it, though!

If theres one episode of naruto shippuden you should watch its def 375

Akame ga Kill! - Episode 23

I know this is anime-only bullshit and I'm still enjoying what I'm seeing, but seriously....
what the FUCK at that ending?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom