• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

i generally try not to do the whole "Your favourite anime is shiiiiiiit" thing, but if you like Sword Art Online for anything other than how terrible it is there is something wrong with you. I don't just mean you enjoy weird shit or something, hell, I enjoy a lot of weird shit. You've just got to be missing something in your head if you can't see how horrendously flawed it is.

It's the equivalent of humans willingly eating pig shit.

I think the original premise itself could have been interesting (die in the game you die in real life), but nothing came close to actually making it interesting. I also think the show could have benefited from some real-life scenes/characters alongside Kirito's adventures in SAO. Might add a bit of tension to the whole people actually dying thing.

It would have been very easy to make SAO not a shit show its hilarious

Heck you could even keep the waifu aspect and it would work

What they did with it though, ugh

Amikami

Banned
I...I came upstairs to my pc during the SAO break and posted the table flip and Sakura monochrome gif instead... I had this one ready since 5 in the afternoon...

I failed you and the rest of the ninja clan. I'm sorry.

We'll forgive you...this time

White star is sharp. Now let the inner demon come out and kill the bridge builder.

I think the original premise itself could have been interesting (die in the game you die in real life), but nothing came close to actually making it interesting. I also think the show could have benefited from some real-life scenes/characters alongside Kirito's adventures in SAO. Might add a bit of tension to the whole people actually dying thing.

I found it interesting, if not potentially great at first. And I tolerated a lot of bullcrap it offered halfway through.

Then you all warned me of about the 2nd half... and I didn't listen.

I tolerated it more... until I saw what they did to Asuna. Turned into a helpless damsel.

789shadow

Banned
They also could have done something interesting with people not really wanting to leave the game world, despite being trapped their against their will.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They also could have done something interesting with people not really wanting to leave the game world, despite being trapped their against their will.

There was also a great opportunity for a PTSD plot line in Season 2 that never went anywhere.

Basically the whole thing was botched beyond belief.

Amikami

Banned
Hello Steve Blum.

If that's for real, awesome

Really? Wow, is there a higher position than Jounen (spelling)? I feel like he should be doing something more important than training academy grads and going on C ranked missions.

Well by the time he was his team's age, he was ANBU. That's like top secret and dangerous real ninja shit. He just kind of settled down into a calmer life after he'd got enough of it I guess.

Typos everywhere.

daveo42

Banned
There was also a great opportunity for a PTSD plot line in Season 2 that never went anywhere.

Basically the whole thing was botched beyond belief.

It's sad that there is such potential that ends up being wasted. It's just piss poor storytelling all around and it is still popular for some reason. I have no idea why.

Zabuza gonna clean house next time. Believe it. Time for Ghost in the Shell.

Really? Wow, is there a higher position than Jounen (spelling)? I feel like he should be doing something more important than training academy grads and going on C ranked missions.

Well, I guess special jonin count as higher than jonin. Does seem weird for the village to waste his talents like that.

Jintor

iPuPNSPQGYYtI.gif

Ladies and gentlemen, our hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom