• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Man, I fell asleep during Space Dandy and missed Toonami entirely. Too bad because SAO sounds like it was legendary.

I'm about to go watch for myself.

Edit: Kirito is so mad the game isn't finished that Asuna becomes a second priority. Ohhhhhh, we're off to a great start.

That isn't even the worst of it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I did some quick tabulations and realized if I sat down and entered every single Club Nintendo code I have now that I have two versions of BD:FF and some other shit I bought from the christmas sales that I could get the last 3DS card case I need. I figure it'll take me about 25 minutes to enter all these codes so I look at my DVR and...

I'm listing to this morning's SAO on the DVR. It's hilarious as an audio drama.

DominoKid

damn i wish i actually watched SAO this week. this shit sounds ridiculous (even for SAO!) just reading a few pages back.

i watched this week's Kuroko's Basketball on my phone while it was on.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...ouples-snow-storm-interview-inspires-new-meme

Bf7BKJbCUAAH3wA.jpg:large

Bf9I7XICUAAx3CX.jpg:large

Bf9pUAVCIAA-91N.jpg:large

Bf9qTLyCYAA6yhK.jpg:large

BgAc3C1CAAAbAHT.jpg:large

BgB-kydCEAE0YH8.png:large

BgBG202CEAAZY5b.jpg:large

5efd45e39ce38a12a66b6d7a5f09135b1391972334_full.jpg

1db943ce27e39121ee0ef7fda64cfb991391972484_full.jpg

a61e640953f61eec37a993c74295a3fe1391972552_full.png

ReiGun

(Kinda) Live reactions:

Hit Kirito with that DLC magic. Hold dat shit. Pay yo $15 for the update, bitch.

This "controlling emotion and thought" shit is just making me ask yet again why this technology is still widely available after SAO. Everyone who gets control of it is fucking evil.

"You can't get NPC girls to make faces like that?" ....Da fuck?

"Figuring out how to replicate the way you smell in real life was a challenge?" Da Fuck?!

"Don't even get me started on how hard it was to get an analyzer into your hospital room undetected..." DA FUCK?! This is soooooo fucking gross, dawg.

Remember when Asuna had, like, agency and stuff? She was never an amazing character, but she had strength and was capable. Now look at her...

...And now he's fondling her breasts. He's fondling a 16-year-old's breasts. Damn it all...

HE'S GOING TO MAKE HER WATCH A RECORDING OF HIM MOLESTING - and likely RAPING - HER IN THE GAME WHILE SHE'S LAID UP IN THE HOSPITAL! FUCK THIS SHOW!

AND THEN HE PLANS TO MOLEST - and likely RAPE - HER AGAIN. Ughhhhhhhhh

Everything about this has just been the worst. I want to turn it off but I feel I have to soldier on.

Of course Kirito can only think about himself while the girl he supposedly loves is having her face licked and her tears drank by a guy who just announced his intention to sexually assault her TWICE! "Why is this happening to me? Is this my punishment for being some kind of hero?" Mother FUCK YOU! This should not be about Kirito right now. Yeah he's in some shit too, but the way his thoughts shift so selfishly to himself is just...Asuna is only mentioned so Kirito can talk more about himself.

Wait....that dude is still in the game?

LOL We're doing this again? So every game built with this vr gear has shitty programming that lets players just break the rules because FRIENDSHIP!? Gotcha.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO Kirito just made himself an admin?! Are you fucking kidding me? I mean, I guess that's what the doctor was for but....you know what? I don't care. It's dumb.

You know, Kirito, you could use those admin privileges to get your girlfriend some new clothes and out of those chains. Not that you care; gotta punish this guy for not finishing the game first.

So at 3 or less, your body in the real world is affected. So...is Kirito giving this guy brain damage or something?...Actually, I don't really feel sorry for this guy. Do whatever, Kirito.

She still needs a shirt...

Asuna is officially Sakura tier. Part one Sakura at that.

"I love you, daddy."
"....Yeah, whatever." *logs out*

Sugu still wants that incestuous D.

Welp I'm done. That was a doozy. The ending is playing and I'm sitting here like:

i2IwvPVh8prI7.jpg

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Asuna & Sugu will fight in real life over Kirito, just like that one scene from the ending of OreImo!!

Holy crap, super long reactions post.

I was gonna go for "will it atleast end in a threesome" joke
and then I remembered that sugo is his sister/cousin and toonamigaf doesnt want that image.

Am I the only one who wishes people would stop making "trapped in an MMORPG" shows and make more pure fantasy (Magic, Dragons, etc.) shows :/ Like what's the last really good fantasy cartoon from either side of the Pacific? I guess Adventure Time but I'm talking more in the line of Record of the Lodoss War or Slayers (with perhaps a more serious tone).

No, no you are not. I thought the idea was novel when it was .hack and enjoyed the hell out of that show. When SAO started on simulcast, my first reaction to "you are trapped" was:

I couldn't believe they had taken that as a same trope. Then Log Horizon did it and while I enjoy the hell out of Log Horizon, I do yearn for a serious fantasy show that doesn't involve being an MMO. This is probably because Record of Lodoss War is my favorite anime of all time. Then again, I also yearn for an art style for said show to be less of a color blast to the face. RoLW had a very muted color palette by comparison to Log Horizon for instance (Quoted for size):

daveo42

Banned
Thanks for posting all of those reactions Seda. I'm currently laughing my ass off. Also happy I only made the list 5 times.

Log Horizon is the best at the whole MMO genre and more people need to watch it.

Thanks for posting all of those reactions Seda. I'm currently laughing my ass off. Also happy I only made the list 3 times.

Log Horizon is the best at the whole MMO genre and more people need to watch it.

It really is a tremendous show. I finished episode 19 last night and this is the most I've kept up with a simulcast show since SAO's first run. The only thing that bothers me some about Log Horizon at this point is
their complete focus on the kids. I don't find them nearly as interesting as Shiroe and the others. It has been quite a while since we have seen the higher levels/adults fight outside of Crusty in this week's episode.

daveo42

Banned
It really is a tremendous show. I finished episode 19 last night and this is the most I've kept up with a simulcast show since SAO's first run. The only thing that bothers me some about Log Horizon at this point is
their complete focus on the kids. I don't find them nearly as interesting as Shiroe and the others. It has been quite a while since we have seen the higher levels/adults fight outside of Crusty in this week's episode.

I think the kids are more the entry point for those who do not understand the mechanics of MMOs as much and how teamwork and different roles fit it. The kids are basically new and give viewers an easier connection to being new to the world. That, and we got that Rudy subplot that will more than likely evolve into something even bigger.

I'd love to see more of the high level fights and I'm sure we will get a few in the upcoming fights.

I think the kids are more the entry point for those who do not understand the mechanics of MMOs as much and how teamwork and different roles fit it. The kids are basically new and give viewers an easier connection to being new to the world. That, and we got that Rudy subplot that will more than likely evolve into something even bigger.

I'd love to see more of the high level fights and I'm sure we will get a few in the upcoming fights.

Well said.

I hadn't thought of it that way. Some times with these programs I fail to remember that not everyone has played as many MMOs for as long as I have, but that makes sense. Also, yes the Rudy subplot is spawning from this. Not to sound self-boasting but I called this several episodes ago when she couldn't add him to friends. Friggen yelled at my tv "HES AN NPC!!!". I'm looking forward to the higher level fights for sure, because watching the kids IS straight up like watching low levels run dungeons in MMOs. They're not nearly as interesting as watching raiders take down the big bads.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Wait what?

It's basically mentioned once, then completely dropped.

After Roy and Grumman play the final chess match before Roy's transfer to central, Grumman tells him to take care of his granddaughter.

on one hand I have to agree that 8pm is kinda early , but you know, AS is just gonna fill that with more old fox animated shows (that appear(ed) around 8pm on fox already) so whatevs.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I didn't realize this was a thing and this is related to both Adult Swim and Toonami. Apparently Adult Swim is taking over the 8pm(EST) hour of Cartoon Network at the end of March.

Conservative parents are up in arms:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/02/09/parents-television-council-targets-cartoon-network-s-adult-swim
If only there was some way to CHANGE the channel once it switched to Adult Swim...

...oh sorry wait that'd involving knowing what your child was watching. I think the opening statement from the NY Daily News said it best. "It’s a free country, so if you don’t like what you’re watching, change the damn channel."

I don't know, I don't think the issue is that they want others to watch their children for them, the problem is that for certain age groups of children that is one less hr of television targeted towards them to watch while having parents who *are* this choosey about what they watch. I mean without cartoon network by 8 pm whats left on is like, uh I think nick at nite starts at 8 or 9 these days, and there isn't really much else to watch for these kids elsewhere, so it's not technically a matter of changing the channel and if it is, there's like one other choice if any at this point.

Like I don't particularly agree on things involving censorship and I advocate parents "doing their job", but I do think that this does kinda suck for some kids. I know when I was a kid I did *not* care at all about any other offerings around 8-10pm than what was on Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon (before Nick @ Nite also creeped up) and if Adult Swim was at 8pm when I was a kid I likely would only have the option of ...going to bed early , since back then I could only play video games during the weekends...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Funny thing is having the 8 o'clock switch over is just returning to an old as hell cable model, namely that of Nickelodeon.

EDIT: I bet when you were a kid Dr. Pal there were what, 30 cable stations? Now there are a few hundred. Plus on demand. Plus great kid offerings on Netflix and Amazon. It would be amazing to be a kid today. Plus if your parents were dumb enough to give you unfiltered web access, hoo boy.

Funny thing is having the 8 o'clock switch over is just returning to an old as hell cable model, namely that of Nickelodeon.

EDIT: I bet when you were a kid Dr. Pal there were what, 30 cable stations? Now there are a few hundred. Plus on demand. Plus great kid offerings on Netflix and Amazon. It would be amazing to be a kid today. Plus if your parents were dumb enough to give you unfiltered web access, hoo boy.

I thought about that in hindsight that netflix and stuff makes up for it and the internet, fucking kids these days, why are people even complaining about cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom