• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
let's give tiers a try:

lawd:
Samurai Jack

awesome:
Space Dandy

great:
Ghost in the Shell

good:
One Piece
Soul Eater

decent:
InuYasha
FMA Brotherhood
Clone Wars
Naruto Shippuden

meh:
Bleach
Sword Art Online

hooray for nothing truly horrible this week!

zlCfzRgssFoqBKX5l4

zlCfzRgssFoqBKX5l4

zlCfzRgwHY4RT165xF

zlCfzRgx-Rkcka4fdw

zlCfzRgzfNQSxQTjzX

LATER.

Nice Read or Die reference
Sugu pls. There are plenty of other fish in the sea
I think Baby Naraku might want some of Padme's plot (or the even the chick from Team White Snow)

Totally forgot my final rankings

Space Dandy > Samurai Jack > One Piece > Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood > Clone Wars > Naruto > Soul Eater > InuYasha > Gits > Bleach > Naruto Shippuden > IGPX > SAO

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One Piece
Space Dandy
GITS:SAC
Inuyasha (and that's only seeing the last five minutes!)
FMA:B
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
Samurai Jack
Soul Eater
Clone Wars
SAO
IGPX
Bleach

I enjoyed everything tonight. Too bad the power flashed at exactly 5:30.

One Piece
Space Dandy
GITS:SAC
Inuyasha (and that's only seeing the last five minutes!)
FMA:B
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
Samurai Jack
Soul Eater
Clone Wars
SAO
IGPX
Bleach

I enjoyed everything tonight. Too bad the power flashed at exactly 5:30.

Shippuden in front of Samurai Jack?

SMH

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I nearly dozed during Jack. I own the dvds you see and have seen this episode on tv maybe a dozen times. This is the second time I've seen Shippuden in english.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
As I was finishing Naraku's latest incarnation, his grabby hands and resting on Kago's Mei's happened, and I thought ".... DOH!" "He's Groping around inside my heart!" Nice choice of words Kagome...

And chance to get some Yomiko Readman in there... I'LL TAKE IT! ;-)

Farewell SuguLeafa! Now it'll be time to draw appropriately shaped Loli's and more modestly formed women for the rest of time! (Not really, but SAO was very fun to poke fun at.)

Thanks as Always Gu~Passes out~

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone

Space Dandy was so great. Lot of fun jokes and scenes, culminating in a hilarious "what the fuck" ending.

Nozomi's Sue levels are getting higher and higher on Bleach. This really is fanfic now.

Transition episode of One Piece, the series tends to have a lot of transition chapters/episodes before getting into the action. They're still entertaining though.

And so, our long SAO nightmare is over. At least until Season 2 appears on Toonami next year.
If Aincrad didn't prove that Reki Kawahara didn't know anything about MMORPGs or video games in general, that final episode certainly did. "All MMOs are connected now, and being made by small companies" No... MMOs do not work that way, especially if they're all virtual reality.
And if they're all connected, allowing you to transfer your stats, wouldn't people just cheese every new game they play?
And why the hell would ALO revive Aincrad Castle? The place thousands of people were stuck in with the actual fear of death looming over? Did they not consider the possibility of PTSD?
Oh, and that scene in the beginning where crazy raper guy tried to kill Kazuto in front of a hospital... what the fuck?

BBboy20

I kick ass for the Lord!
Bro fist to whoever gets the reference
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfkHkdu5IEI

Would it blow your mind to know that the Yellow M&M is J.K. Simmons?

JKSimmons07TIFF_%28cropped%29.jpg
O_O

Seriously, how could you turn down a kid with stomach growling that loud and covered in bandages.
You know, a lot of these characters give me no impression they are that age despite knowing.

Its over

We've beaten SAO ToonamiGAF

We did it together
you__re_gonna_carry_that_weight_by_call__me__kira-d5r2h3u.jpg

From what I understand the concept of SAO's next season is

The next big VRMMO is a game called Gun Gale Online, however someone in the game aquires the mysterious power to kill people in the game and they die in real life. The government contacts Kazuno/Kirito and asks him to go into the game and stop this serial killer.
........and all they have to do is shut down...but they won't........oh god...

Why isn't he playable?

tumblr_n12uquDh3i1qf5ekbo1_1280.jpg

It's funny that SAO plays the "guy in real life" card for a joke in the first episode and then...
How much weight would one lose while comatose?
-
I came to the conclusion what makes SAO suck so badly.

The lack of fucking acknowledgement of fucking tragedy.

This episode was probably the worst yet (oh god, "yet"), not for the more obvious reasons (last episode) but the mere fact that nobody is reacting or acknowledging of what has lead before the last 2 years has shattered their souls. That tower should be looked upon as a god damn crime scene or memorial of those who lost their lives but no...everybody goes back like nothing ever happened. Some might say this is their own way of respecting the dead and battling their own demons but surely as fuck not using the code of the same son-of-a-bitch who created such an horrific event in the first place. That is this show's greatest sin above all others.

Shippuden and IGPX were the only shows I'd consider meh from last night and really in general on the block right now. Shippuden again due to ungodly slow pacing that kills any tension or good story telling from most scenes, and IGPX for being too much angst and not racing offset occasionally by a good moment on the track.

Clone Wars has steadily gotten better as season 2 has gone on, last nights episode was a "weaker" episode of season 2 but was still very enjoyable. For Gits I know I'll appreciate the SA episodes more on a rewatch when I've already seen and know the truth of the C episodes and can just watch and appreciate the SA episodes as more stories in the Gits world and not time wasters getting in the way of me discovering the truth of the Laughing Man. Soul Eater and Bleach while basically in filler purgatory can still at least entertain me as I have very little/no expectations for them.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Amazing. Good job man!

...I'm a little terrified of the suggestion of additional SAO incest

*bow* Haha, poor Sugu would become a joke to herself by that time... in true SAO fashion, I could imagine more people being offended by her running through her family for suitors, than OMG, KAYABA. KiritoVoice: "What he did was wrong, but you... your're UNFORGIVEABLE!"

Great stuff. Oil looks great on Jack. I find Shippuden and GITS the funniest. Too bad SAO(not really) is ending , you could have started the misadventures of Sugu comic collection.

*bowbow* No reaction pics to the actual plot of SAO2... just to the PLOT of SAO in general. Would end up like the family profile pics I did for Summer Wars... just... all with Sugu's girl-creep shots of all her family members, lol.

Batou's Virtua-Cop style takedown of those guys surrounding his former hero always stuck out to me. "...He straight up murdered those guys in half a second!" Murder some men, arrest a woman's husband, take her sweet sweet fermented honey drink, walk off like a tortured badass. All why playing hubby to Major in pictures with your fantasy son! What a day, Mr. Batou!

These are all great as always, but I just love the Kakashi one. "Bridge Builder left fielder." And ever picture after that is like them staring.

Great job.

*bowwowbow*

LoL, even I didn't think of it that way, but that makes it even funnier, haha. especially with BabyNarakuChild giving the mother of all "...." looks.

I literally was trying to get through shippuden but couldn't pay attention then I saw my girlfriend tweet " omg literally nothing happened in shippuden " and i looked at the clock and it was 12:55 , I was confused because from what I was looking at on screen surely only five minutes of time should have passed and yet the show was already over.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
He's so handsome!

...Richard Epcar is the voice of the commander on EDF 2025? WOHOO, YOU'VE GOT TOONAMI IN MY BIG GAME OF NEXT WEEK! Hearing "Kirito" and "Suguha" speaking along with "Yui" as my brother plays Bravely Default has ALSO been... quite strange.

I'm kinda surprised I was able to pull away from Lighting Returns enough to SKETCH DAMP.

Oh, and there was some Attack on Titanfall, but... no, THAT would probably distract me. TF itself is like a mini curiosity for me.

Then EDF2025 and Strider this week, and Plants VS Zombies Garden Warfare the next... most distractions from Toonami since console launches, haha.

So Blue Exorcist is replacing SAO and Black Lagoon is presumably replacing Soul Eater, but something thats been on my mind is what the hell is going to replace Bleach once that is done? Do they keep the 8:30 spot and just replace 9:00 just any series or do they go for another long runner? For me I would love if if they aired two episodes as One Piece, because the speed we are going through the episodes can be described as glacial at best.

I was gonna do a ranking but then I remembered I only watched 4.5 shows. but uh oh well gonna do it anyways

1)Samurai Jack - the best show on the block by far, was an amazing first fight and set piece out of many to come from this show .

2) Space Dandy - Wacky space racing? sabotage? Yaoi? Dandy Gods? 3 last resorts? what's more to love about this episode.

3 ) One piece - This was actually pretty much just a transitional episode but it was still pretty nice .

4) Sword Art Online- I'm more glad the show is over, we beat the final boss guys, omg. Though really one last fuck you and a HUUUUUGE ONE has to come that out of ALL THE BULLSHIT that murdering psychopathic Kayaba did. Not only does kirito interact with him like he *ISNT* a psychopathic murderer but willing accepts his mmo seed . I could even exclude kirito doing this amount of douchebaggery and stupidity, but then most of the SURVIVING VICTIMS of this murderers game, eagerly and like addicts grows his seed and distributes it like open source, wholly forgetting this is the game they could have potentially died in and spent 2 years stuck in. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH EVERYONE.

4.5) Shippuden - As mentioned before I both had trouble paying attention to this and when I noticed it again it was already over having spent 30 minutes to do 5 minutes worth of action and plot . thus only half a placement

i would've liked this Bleach episode more for the action, but i couldn't get past the fan fiction Mary Sue shenanigans.

Shippuden i thought more happened because of the bomb thing; it was passable for a long-running shonen instead of fucking unbearable like it has been.

as for SAO, am i the only one who feels there were more romantic scenes with HIS SISTER than with Asuna? seriously, i feel like i got more closure for THAT relationship. but i mean that aside, it wasn't a terrible episode. it had terrible moments, like the knife fight and Kayaba's legacy, but it gave me some of the scenes i wanted right after the SAO arc ended. in fact, this episode almost makes the ALO arc seem like it was filler with the way it brings back the characters and plot threads from SAO that have been basically ignored the entire second half.

i felt like this was one of the weaker episodes of Clone Wars. most of the Padme stuff was kinda cringe-worthy, but there was a decent amount of suspense. still not really seeing the improvement i've been told about.

Thanks for the recap clips SAO Extra Edition. I wanted to relive the moments that were good, sad, funny, sadistic, etc. one last time. And I got a brief new adventure along with it. Now I wait for SAO II....patiently

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I thought Clone Wars was very strong actually. Might not be the best episode of the season so far but it was very consistent and having the two fight as a couple was interesting.

Hell the only thing I didn't like was that the villain's poison Padme for the purpose of forcing the Senator's hand but then they wait for him to bring it up. What if he hadn't known right away it was poison? If you're gonna do that type of strong arming you better back it up.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yes. Sometimes really short, sometimes with a page of pictures or two in the middle but basically a novella.

Tonight's episode of Naruto Filler Theater features an interesting and basically never discussed again
giant power upgrade for Hinata that turns her into Neji 2.0.
that is almost completely ignored by canon. The animation staff did get it approved beforehand though and it's fairly consistent with Shippuden.

bigkrev

Stupid question, but light novel = novella?

Yeah. I own one (I found it at the Dollar Store of all places), and while its 350 pages, the book itself is slightly larger than a Vita game case, and there are illustrations every now and then. I'm guessing it could be read in an hour or 2.

About SAO last night....

I mentioned this, but while this episode was less offensive than the past few weeks, which were filled with Siscon and rape, this was by far the dumbest. I need to watch the japanese version on CR sometime to see if "I just beat the final boss" was just a poorly translated line or something, because it nearly made me fall out of bed last night. Also, Kirito going to a bar, ordering an Alcoholic beverage when he is clearly underage and being -angry- he didn't get it left me shaking my head.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
With SAO gone, we're gonna need a new controversial show to fuss about.

Any ideas?

Attack on Titan. Some people in here based on their tastes will LOATHE it.

Blue Exorcist and Black Lagoon are more Inuyasha/Soul Eater (though people bitch about the different ending here WAAAY TOO MUCH) type shows; above average and non controversial.

Attack on Titan. Some people in here based on their tastes will LOATHE it.

Blue Exorcist and Black Lagoon are more Inuyasha/Soul Eater (though people bitch about the different ending here WAAAY TOO MUCH) type shows; above average and non controversial.

Toonami GAF I feel will largely enjoy AoT dub quality pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom