• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Seda will we be killing this thread at the end of the week and making a new one for Blue Exorcist or will we just let this thread run its course with the Beat the final boss title?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Geass has one or two wtf moments and a lot of cheesecake in season 2 but nothing on the level of SAO.

There is nothing they could air besides more SAO that would get that level of X-Pac heat.

Code Geass is more "what the fuck is going on" and "lol what" then controversial. I think SAO was controversial here because there are people who found a lot of the series vile and felt sick knowing people actually enjoy this stuff. Nothing in Geass or Titan comes close to that

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Next week is the last Toonami of the month anyways so you could just let it run until it is done.

It's next month that would be proper fucked. The thread would start six days early and have Toonami on 1/2, 8/9, 15/16, 22/23 and 29/30 with a premiere in there. No way in hell it makes it the whole month.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The complete audience change for Geass when it moved from season 1 to season 2 pissed me off. Dumb bullshit change.

You weren't around for R2 then. Baring something like Guilty Crown its the most controversial action anime I can think of.

I haven't seen R2 yet. I've been putting it off for far too long.

Should we start suggesting BE thread titles?

Toonami |Mar14| Something that Rhymes With Black & Blue
Toonami |Mar14| Exorcists, and Pirates, and Bears, OH MY!
Toonami |Mar14| *Bleep*-ing Demons

Yeah, I got nothing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
AoT will get haters because of how hyped it is. People also tend to have problems with the middle of the season.

Unless SAO 2.0 happens there won't be anything Toonami actually picks up that'll match it.

People are going to have problems with the start of the season if/when toonami gets AoT and rightfully so. I'll just leave it at that, don't want to spoil anything.

Crocodile

The only show I've seen recently I can think off that made me go "are we seriously doing this? Really? ok I guess that happened :/" is Future Diary and I don't think that's coming to Toonami anytime soon. Attack on Titan's issues are mostly a shit production (which I assume/hope the disc masters that Funi gets would have been mostly corrected), shit pacing and shit characters save a few. The show can get gruesome but it's believably so. Otherwise its pretty controversy free.

Eh I'm glad we won't have any controversy for awhile.

But where's the EXCITEMENT, the DRAMA, the BROKEN BONDS?!

Good. Keep it that way.

It's that bad, huh? >.>

controversy for the controversy god

giphy.gif

Toonami |OT| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

I like it. Let's go with this.

Rankings, gonna keep this short

1. Samurai Jack

Still kicking myself for not watching this as a kid; I love everything about Samurai Jack so far. The music is excellent. The water color esque visuals pop. The action is well choreographed. I could go on. SJ's greatest strength though resides in it's ability to tell a story using visual clues and scant dialogue, it's very refreshing to see when the rest of the block is so talk heavy. I've been surprised at just how dark this show can get, watching Jack bathe in the blood, wait...I mean oil, of his enemies last night was pretty crazy.

JackGAF is the best gaf

2. Naruto

I gush every week about how I love this arc and that's not going to stop anytime soon. Zabuza finally made his move but Kakashi-sensei saved the day! My only complaint is that characters tend to spend an annoying amount of time commenting on their attacks or what just happened, classic DBZ syndrome. Shut up and keep fighting!

3. Space Dandy

I'm a sucker for mechs and sparkles, what can I say. This is my second favorite episode of Dandy so far ranking just behind episode 4's zombie outbreak. It was zany and made no sense but I had a blast watching and laughed at quite a few jokes. My girlfriend said 'this show is dumb' after the first 'boobie' joke but ended up enjoying the show once they started racing. Looks like Dandy has a new fan.

4. Soul Eater

SSJ Based Star is the best star, any episode with him and Mifune is going to rate highly. The Death City vs Spider mech fight was stupid fun, the reactions were great.

5. Ghost in the Shell

I missed my waifu but Batou brawling more than made up for her absence. You could see the plot twist coming a mile away but it was a fun SA episode that fleshed out Batou a little more.

6. One Piece

This was a set piece episode but I'm starting to get hyped knowing what happens next in this arc. SUUUUPA!

7. Inuyasha

I'm new to InuyashaGAF and have absolutely no idea what's going on here but I was entertained. Baby Naraku is creepy.

8. Clone Wars

Probably the best episode of CW I've seen, Aniken's dark side came out a little at the end. I was surprised though at how quickly the evil green alien guys plans fell apart though haha.

9. Brotherhood

I'm not as high on the first episode as other people. Not sure if its fatigue or disappointment after seeing how the series ends on such a high note.

10. Bleach

There were some fights and everyone told Nozomi to fuck off. I'll chalk that up as a win.

11. SAO

Kirito gets attacked by a child molester hell bent on murder, overpowers him (classic hax), and then lets the dude go? The hell? How did nobody see this? Why was the hospital empty? Why Why WHY?

I zoned out after that stupidity, I'll miss SAO but it needs to go.

12. IGPX

Emo Takashi is in full bloom and White Snow is a bunch of cheating jerks. From here on out the season starts to get pretty good in my opinion..I still wish they'd re-run Big O in this spot though.

13. Shippuden

So boring. The pacing is slow and I can't remember what happened...wake me up when this show starts to get good.

Overall this was an excellent night, everything was enjoyable except for Shippuden which remains borderline unwatchable right now. Next week looks amazing, that Blue Exorcist promo has me pumped!

JCG

You weren't around for R2 then. Baring something like Guilty Crown its the most controversial action anime I can think of.

Nothing in Code Geass is remotely as controversial as the creepiest parts of SAO, Guilty Crown or even Valvrave for that matter.

R2 certainly had its issues, although some are quite overstated, but the show knew that its craziness provided entertaining momentum and also managed to end well.

Foolish ToonamiGAF members. You can't kill SAO's memory. Your hate's not strong enough. You're not strong enough. Your life is too precious to you. So run. That's right, run away. And live...live with the shame.

People may think SAO was a bad show but you've got admit that it was entertaining. I got a lot of laughs out of it thanks to this thread, it will be sorely missed.

Raxus

Toonami |Mar14| Swapping one Oni-Chan for another
Toonami |Mar14| Kirito spreads his seed all over Toonami'
Toonami |Mar14| Feeling Blue SAO is gone

Hey Sugu, why you feeling so blue? Just cuz'(in)?

I have a million of these.

Toonami |Mar14| SAO is done, call an Exorcist

These were my suggestions.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Black Lagoon will replace it from an entertainment standpoint, though in a positive way.

It's one bleeping roller coaster ride and has a nice little what the bleed moment or two.

My only complaint is that it ends.
and when it does it does so weakly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom