• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone.

Space Dandy
Weird episode. First half was full of sadness and feels, then the second half is a bit too wacky with fleas, black holes, and QT being a dick. Still a great episode though.

Bleach
How do we still have 9 more episodes of this?!

Shippuden
At least progress is finally being made.

One Piece
CP9 is making their move, shit's getting really real.
Dressrosa is also awesome.

Blue Exorcist.
Having read the manga before this, I didn't expect to see all that new material. All the scenes of Rin working were new, the additional scenes with the little girl were new, the demon that possessed the bully didn't have a name in the manga (giving me the feeling that he'll return when the anime diverts). Hell, the first episode only covered like a quarter of the first chapter.

LycanXIII

Q&A going on right now. First question?

Anonymous Asked: Can you remove space Dandy its hurting the ratings for every other show on the block?
We hate to start here, but we just want to point out that no, in fact Space Dandy is getting great ratings. Sorry anon.

789shadow

Banned
cariusdemi Asked: Will Space Dandy have a second go at 1130 when it finishes it's first run in a few weeks?

Probably, but it’s not set in stone. We’ll keep you posted!

Um...........

zlCfzRiqg5cxT4xa31

zlCfzRirAIkuNjg_ZJ

zlCfzRit2YMdfobff-

zlCfzRivyWUIX-G_7B

zlCfzRixlcIE4n726S

LATER.

This must the facial expressions sketch dump. Sparkles, hidden eyes, Temari's mouth, Zabuza's expression, ball busting pain, and feels. :p
The Naruto one's are fave followed closely by Dandy, Jack, and Bleach Wars.

LycanXIII

Going through, looking for the questions with actual info.

Anonymous Asked: Why air Black Lagoon when it will be censored to hell?
It won’t be. We can’t use the “eff” word but there’s very little else that will have to be censored from Black Lagoon.

Anonymous Asked: Will it ever be possible for Toonami to air shows with hour long episodes, like Hellsing Ultimate or Gundam Unicorn?
Yes, it’s possible for us to air hour long shows!

djbronie Asked: Is there going to be another Movie month? if so when would it be?
There won’t be another movie month for a while. We will definitely air movies again, though! Be on the lookout.

joesam1 Asked: Will Steven Blum still remain the VA of TOM Regardless of #intruder2 or are you guys replacing him? I hope you don't; he's an excellent voice actor!
Guess you’ll have to tune in and find out!

Anonymous Asked: Why did it take 7 weeks to get the full space dandy opening?
Short version, it’s a complicated process with a lot of people involved. Hope you enjoyed last night’s!

arthurmesa Asked: What shows are we losing on Daylight savings?
We’re working on that, we’ll announce early next week. Check here for news!

masakimiyamoto2625 Asked: For the Toonami college grads, what did you guys major in?
Jason: Film/Video
Gill: Political Science
Sara: Communications
Jonny: Film/Video
We’ll get you the others later!

cariusdemi Asked: Will Space Dandy have a second go at 1130 when it finishes it's first run in a few weeks?

norbertjr Asked: Do you guys come up with the hash tags yourself or does Adult Swim have a social media expert to do it for you?
We usually come up with them ourselves.

Anonymous Asked: Why did you guys start over Naruto, and how long will it take for the episodes catch up to where they left off (Episode 53, season 2 is where you guys left off)? Thank you. :)
We have the rights for the first season, so we started over at episode 1. It’ll take a 52 weeks - the number of weeks we’ve already shown.

duskdawnjc Asked: How come Blue Exorcist was announced for March when it was coming in February. Same thing when Sword Art Online was announced for . August but premiered the last week of July.
It’s a complicated business, and sometimes things change. But on the up side you do get lots of new shows!

Anonymous Asked: Do you only have the first season of Black Lagoon, or do you also have The Second Barrage and/or Robert's Blood Trail?
We’re starting with Season 1, and we dont know where that will take us. Tune in! It’ll be a fun journey together!
Answer Updated: We will be airing the first and second seasons of Black Lagoon. We won’t be airing the OVA, at least for now!

Anonymous Asked: Why you spoilin' One piece and Soul Eater in the breaks?
We’re really sorry about that. We try and keep them from past episodes, but everybody makes mistakes. We’re fixing it. Hugs.

rock-lee-leaf-hurricane Asked: Why doesn't bleach and other toonami shows have on demand when other do like shippuden a and why was the original naruto taken off demand!?
On demand deals are very complicated and while we’d like to offer every show we air on demand, it’s not always possible, sorry.

LycanXIII

Anonymous Asked: whats the point of adding naruto shippuden if your already about 343 episodes behind? you should start off where it is and let everyone else catch up by themselves
Agree to disagree, friend.

Anonymous Asked: Been kinda curious, do you guys have any particular voice actors you like best? Who are your favorites?
WE LIKE STEVE BLUM.

caboosejr Asked: You guys planning on doing any more PC game reviews?
We’re apple folk, for the most part, so it’s typically going to be consoles, and every now and then a game that’s on mac.

Anonymous Asked: Any big surprises coming before/during momocon? =)
Well if we said yes or no, they wouldn’t potentially be surprises then, would they?

vandagylon Asked: What happens when Bleach ends? We are not too far away from it now
Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light. Or we pick up another show and move forward.

Anonymous Asked: Why the hell does Toonami still show One piece?! I hate one piece cant you guys put like the more newer Naruto shippuden episodes?!
Here’s a tip friend. People in the world like different things, and that actually makes it a BETTER place, not a worse one.

molly--in--wonderland Asked: anarchy or democracy?
Technocracy.

cement3000 Asked: How does one send music to the crew for a possible addition onto the block?
You can submit music by sending a link to Jason DeMarco’s twitter account: @clarknova1. Thanks!

fuzunga Asked: So is the Space Dandy intro changed forever now? Not only did I like the other one better, but now the episode previews are gone since it's longer! I'm pretty disappointed, although I know you had a lot of people complaining about you not showing the Japanese intro.
The episode previews shouldn’t have been removed that was a mistake. (spoiler alert - not ours) Hopefully we should have all of this worked out around 2019.

bigotaku Asked: I have to ask because it bothers me alot; Why do you guys answer all of anonymous's Qs? Most of them try to be dicks and just wanna ruin people's fun and entertainment after a long day. I know most people want to stay anonymous, but if this is really like Q&A panel at a convention, people shouldn't be afraid to ask questions behind a mask.
Some people ask legitimate questions, even if they are anonymous. Sometimes we just like having fun with the answers. Doing this the last Sunday of every month on our own time, we have to keep it fun for ourselves. Sometimes it’s fun!

kld537 Asked: Will toonami ever try to show a full hour of inuyasha again because Star wars the clone wars to me just isnt working on the block.
It may not be working to you, but the ratings disagree, sorry.

tarvisnsb Asked: Do you guys plan to air the fillers also for Naruto Shippuden?
We won’t be skipping any episodes of Shippuden.

petersolorzano Asked: It's really great having you guys back. You have no idea how happy I am to see your success. :) Say, how do you pick what shows get aired?
Thanks, glad to be back! We pick shows through a complicated process that involves their cost, availability, appropriateness for the block, and our excitement about them.

Anonymous Asked: Where's Sword-Art tonight?
Sword Art went to go live on a farm. There’s a stream to drink from, and a big field, and Sword Art just runs and runs and runs all day.

bigmoneyrustla Asked: How hard would it be to get a daytime block again? I wish for this generation of children to experience the magic that is Toonami
We’re sorry, but we won’t be back on in the daytime. We’re just happy we’re on now!

sldy93 Asked: In the future would you guys ever be willing to air OVAs?
We’ve done it in the past, we’d like to do it in the future, yes.

Conan-san

Anonymous Asked: Why air Black Lagoon when it will be censored to hell?
It won’t be. We can’t use the “eff” word but there’s very little else that will have to be censored from Black Lagoon..
Isn't bleeping "fuck" in Black Lagoon the ur definition of "Censored to hell"?

Seda

Um...........

Well, it'd be nice if it was another 'premiere' show to replace it, but a rerun is definitely another possibility.

And thanks for putting those posts together, Lycan.

Anonymous Asked: Why the hell does Toonami still show One piece?! I hate one piece cant you guys put like the more newer Naruto shippuden episodes?!
Here’s a tip friend. People in the world like different things, and that actually makes it a BETTER place, not a worse one.

Good answer.

caboosejr Asked: You guys planning on doing any more PC game reviews?
We’re apple folk, for the most part, so it’s typically going to be consoles, and every now and then a game that’s on mac.

The truth comes out. Respect for Toonami employees diminished greatly!

/sarcasm

LOLDSFAN

Eh I really hope they don't show Dandy again. The jokes won't be funny a second time around for me.

Soooo Bleach not getting re-run confirmed?

Nice to see them noticing the spoiler bumps.

RIP hopes of having InuYasha power hour. :<

This has to be trolling, right?

Maybe not it did just air last night and someone may have missed it (they didn't air a line up bump until bleach or shippuden iirc). I know they aired one during boondocks but I don't watch that so seeing it at 12:30ish was my first time.

The person asking when shippuden will air IS trolling though

LycanXIII

fullmetal568 Asked: Since adult swim is moving up an hour would Toonami move up an hour as well
There are no plans for that at present.

Anonymous Asked: Do you have the new intruder story all worked out already?
Pretty much, yes!

epicjacoby Asked: I'm thinking of going into Film/Video like some of you guys did. Any advice?
Work very hard, keep your head down, and if you get a shot, take it! Good luck!

Anonymous Asked: bring back SAO i hate blue exorcist no longer toonamifaithful
If one show was all it took, you were never faithful to begin with, anon. ;)

instagrim Asked: Who runs this tumblr? An intern? I want to give them a hi-five
No, Gill and Jason primarily run this tumblr, along with some help from other Toonami staff members! Thanks!

Anonymous Asked: You've said before that subtitles make people change the channel, is there a similar concern with airing completely Japanese openings?
It’s having to read the dialogue that turns people off. Listening to a Japanese song doesn’t seem to, knock wood.

2700lagostas Asked: Is there any particular reason why there isn't superhero content on Toonami?
No, just haven’t been able to get a superhero show lately!

callmekatieanne Asked: How long do you plan on airing Naruto Shippuden? Fav show
For as long as people watch it!

cement3000 Asked: Can you guys explain the: to be continued... and the end. From space dandy? Does this show have continuity?
Parallel Universes? Alternate Dimensions? Jokes? Just roll with it!

Anonymous Asked: Do you guys really own IGPX?
We really do.

angeldemon552 Asked: Will you guys ever make a toonami app?
hmmmm good idea!

ecw28 Asked: Will Clone Wars going to Netflix affect it's status on the block?
we haven’t heard anything in that regard!

slthefma Asked: Is there one show in the schedule that you particularly wished did a little better in ratings?
ALL OF THEM.

paulpescrillo Asked: Since your kinda answering questions about Intruder 2 I thought I would ask is this sponsored?
Not yet!

slthefma Asked: Wouldn't a Gundam series (preferably Gundam 00) make an awesome addition to Toonami's schedule? *Hint* *Hint*
It sure would, but the rights are not available at present, sorry!

Anonymous Asked: Who developed most of the concepts of the Toonami universe?
Jason, Gill, and Sean Akins.

rurouni720 Asked: I think you guys should cut out the mini-intro to Space Dandy, like the "Space Dandy is a Dandy guy in Space" one. Just so that you'll be able to save more time on airing the next episode preview after the ending. What do you think?
We aren’t in charge of decisions like that with regard to the show, sorry.

Anonymous Asked: What's sara's measurements?
TOM: That’s private, man! Be polite. *grumbles*

Anonymous Asked: Why did a middle finger get censored in last week's Space Dandy when other shows and especially the Adult Swim comedies get free reign with it?
They did that themselves. It was part of the joke.

Anonymous Asked: Where did the cyldes go?
They’re in the shop, but they will be back!

drsprinkles Asked: Do you guys realize Black Lagoon's gonna need more bleeps than South Park and Gordon Ramsay combined?
We’ve been asked this about a thousand times, and yes, we have watched the show. We’re aware it will need edits. But on Adult Swim, there are very few words we would need to cut. We think the show will be worth watching, regardless. Thanks.

meow-the-betelgeusian Asked: Do you plan on keeping the Japanese intro, or do you want to bring the American one back?
You’ll see the American intro again, after a while!

jeargumedo Asked: In regards to the edits for Black Lagoon, are you guys simply going to use bleeps or something creative like you did in Samurai Champloo with the record scratches?
That’s actually a question for our friends at Funimation.

the-ugly--beauty Asked: Why did you guys replace Sword Art Online? I was actually starting to enjoy it..
Sorry. That was the end of it’s run. But now you can start enjoying a whole ‘nother show!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I hope BL is straight bleeps. The show is going to be better for it so long as they do a tight job. Bleeps are funny.

Seda

I'm not upset that there are going to be bleeps. It doesn't ruin Boondocks. But I suppose it depends on how liberally they say 'fuck', which from that one compilation seemed to be somewhat often.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm not upset that there are going to be bleeps. It doesn't ruin Boondocks. But I suppose it depends on how liberally they say 'fuck', which from that one compilation seemed to be somewhat often.

It averages about ten an episode.

bigkrev

Alright, this is my new favorite gif

About last night....

I'm kinda over Space Dandy at this point. The show just isn't doing anything for me. Also, for all the complaining, i'm pretty sure I prefer the jazz music to the actual OP.

Power hour was not too bad this week- I threw Sportscenter on and patched up FF14.

One Piece continues to be realer than motherfucking real.

I really liked Blue Exorcist. Yes, it was typical Shounen protag not being able to hold down a job, but it was different than most things on the block, which is always nice to see. Some stuff is obviously going to happen- Yugioh is going to be possessed by the big bad for SURE, but i'm excited to see how it happens.

Soul Eater was.... meh. Way for you big villain to go out!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Alright, this is my new favorite gif

About last night....

I'm kinda over Space Dandy at this point. The show just isn't doing anything for me. Also, for all the complaining, i'm pretty sure I prefer the jazz music to the actual OP.

Power hour was not too bad this week- I threw Sportscenter on and patched up FF14.

One Piece continues to be realer than motherfucking real.

I really liked Blue Exorcist. Yes, it was typical Shounen protag not being able to hold down a job, but it was different than most things on the block, which is always nice to see. Some stuff is obviously going to happen- Yugioh is going to be possessed by the big bad for SURE, but i'm excited to see how it happens.

Soul Eater was.... meh. Way for you big villain to go out!

You need to add me on Hearthstone. So jelly about your Ysera...

Levyne

Banned
meow-the-betelgeusian Asked: Do you plan on keeping the Japanese intro, or do you want to bring the American one back?
You&#8217;ll see the American intro again, after a while!

This is interesting. I interpret it as Dandy running later in the block at some point.

Edit: Beaten. I guess thats what I get by catching up to the thread by reading posts backwards.

fuzunga Asked: So is the Space Dandy intro changed forever now? Not only did I like the other one better, but now the episode previews are gone since it's longer! I'm pretty disappointed, although I know you had a lot of people complaining about you not showing the Japanese intro.
The episode previews shouldn&#8217;t have been removed that was a mistake. (spoiler alert - not ours) Hopefully we should have all of this worked out around 2019.

I like that they can poke fun at themselves.

Anonymous Asked: Where's Sword-Art tonight?
Sword Art went to go live on a farm. There&#8217;s a stream to drink from, and a big field, and Sword Art just runs and runs and runs all day.

lol

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The original Naruto question makes it pretty clear to me that they intend to show the rest of OG Naruto.

Feel free to ban me in three years Seda for massive untagged spoilers. I knew it was a risk coming in.

Also clear is that they don't intend to rerun Bleach. Going to be odd to not see Bleach at that timeslot though I'd love to watch SS again at 4:30 or so.

789shadow

Banned
The original Naruto question makes it pretty clear to me that they intend to show the rest of OG Naruto.

Feel free to ban me in three years Seda for massive untagged spoilers. I knew it was a risk coming in.

Also clear is that they don't intend to rerun Bleach. Going to be odd to not see Bleach at that timeslot though I'd love to watch SS again at 4:30 or so.
I wonder if they'll move Shippuden up to the lead off spot, or get something new (come on Hunter X Hunter).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom