• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzRiqg5cxT4xa31

zlCfzRirAIkuNjg_ZJ

zlCfzRit2YMdfobff-

zlCfzRivyWUIX-G_7B

zlCfzRixlcIE4n726S

LATER.

Who's the publisher for most of the stuff they have on at the moment? Funimation right?

Space Dandy - Funimation
Bleach - Viz
Naruto Shippuden - Viz
One Piece - Funimation
Blue Exorcist - Aniplex
Soul Eater - Funimation
Naruto - Viz
Ghost in the Shell - Funimation
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - Funimation
Samurai Jack - Cartoon Network
IGPX - Toonami
Clone Wars - Cartoon Network
InuYasha - Viz

5 Funimation
4 Viz
1 Aniplex
3 Cartoon Network/Toonami owned

Seda

Who's the publisher for most of the stuff they have on at the moment? Funimation right?

Space Dandy/One Piece/Soul Eater/FMA:B - FUNimation
Bleach/Naruto/Shipppuden/Inuyasha - Viz
Blue Exorcist - Aniplex

Ghost in the Shell was Bandai right? Not sure about how that works. IGPX is self owned or something odd

Jintor

Hmmm. What other big publishers are left in NA? Sentai is the only one that springs to mind immediately.

I see SAO was an Aniplex job as well. Hmmm. What of the old ones?

Do these look like 'publisher' slots? I think it more likely they're simply budget-constrained more than anything else.

Hmmm. What big publishers are left in NA? Sentai is the only one that springs to mind immediately.

That's it, and most of Sentai's library wouldn't really fit Toonami

Space Dandy/One Piece/Soul Eater/FMA:B - FUNimation
Bleach/Naruto/Shipppuden/Inuyasha - Viz
Blue Exorcist - Aniplex

Ghost in the Shell was Bandai right? Not sure about how that works. IGPX is self owned or something odd

Funimation has the rights to GitS: Arise and I assume the rights to GitS SAC as well, though because CN/Toonami helped to fund it I guess you can classify it the same way you'd classify IGPX, Jack, or Clone Wars

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Bad news.

I think the new opening and ending start for 128, not 127.

It is 128, and I've always known that. That's why I said one more and then we'll have Come.

I curse and thank you simultaneously for linking this last week. I listened to it probably ten times I day since then.

You know you love it.

So why was InuYasha originally canceled? Bad ratings due to lots of filler?

InuYasha took the hiatus route whenever it was in danger of overtaking the manga, which happened a couple times IIRC. The last time I think they decided to just let the manga play out and then come back and animate it when it was over.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You know you love it.

I sure do, I listen to it ten times a day roughly.

InuYasha took the hiatus route whenever it was in danger of overtaking the manga, which happened a couple times IIRC. The last time I think they decided to just let the manga play out and then come back and animate it when it was over.

Exactly right.

Seda

About 3000 posts since 11:30, which is a little slower than the speed in recent weeks but more than we averaged in 2013.

I suppose no SAO ranting to fluff that number anymore.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Inuyasha the manga took loads of frequent breaks.

The 558 chapters have been collected into 56 bound volumes by Shogakukan, with the first volume released in May 1997 and the final one in February 2009.

MikeMyers

Do most animes even adapt the entire thing? DB and Yugioh are the only ones that come to mind. Sailor Moon ended before the manga did too.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Super successful manga/anime usually but not always do. Rurouni Kenshin is a great example of something mega popular that didn't finish it's anime.

Inuyasha was at one point one of the biggest properties in Japan and they got so close when they ended (and didn't try too hard to make up an ending like say GTO) that they pretty much had to finish it off even though it is the exception and not the rule.

Do most animes even adapt the entire thing? DB and Yugioh are the only ones that come to mind. Sailor Moon ended before the manga did too.

Even then YGO's anime is radically different at times from the manga, especially the final arc.

DB, YYH, InuYasha, FMA, and Hellsing off the top of my head did. Naruto, One Piece, Toriko, and Fairy tail all probably will, same with bleach when it inevitably comes back.

MikeMyers

Even then YGO's anime is radically different at times from the manga, especially the final arc.

DB, YYH, InuYasha, FMA, and Hellsing off the top of my head did. Naruto, One Piece, Toriko, and Fairy tail all probably will, same with bleach when it inevitably comes back.

Isnt there one more arc in the YYH manga after the 3 Kings stuff?

Isnt there one more arc in the YYH manga after the 3 Kings stuff?

YGO arcs

Shadow games arc (manga and season 0)

Death T arc (manga and season 0, final battle with kaiba is in anime but unrelated to death t)

Monster world arc (manga and season 0, anime uses this as a basis for Bakura's introduction)

Duelist kingdom arc (manga and anime, multiple changes such as bakura being with the group the whole time in the manga and kaiba ghost is instead a puppet master)

Virtual world arc (anime only)

Battle city arc* (manga and anime, extra duels added such as bakura vs bones and mai vs actor)

Noah arc (anime only)

Battle city finals arc (manga and anime, anime inserts the noah arc in the middle of this)

Waking the dragons arc (anime only)

Kaiba gp arc (anime only)

Millennium world (manga and anime, almost completely different, manga has no duel monsters duels iirc which the anime adds several, present kaiba did not appear in the manga only priest kaiba who played a larger role)

Final duel arc (manga and anime, kaiba and mokuba are not present for this duel in the manga)

*dungeon dice monsters is an odd beast, in the manga its just its own thing used to segue between duelist kingdom and battle city lasting only 3 chapters, in the anime they add a whole bunch of filler duels setting up more events of battle city and introducing filler characters for later filler arcs. I generally just group this as part of battle city arc but some people may feel or argue it should be its own arc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom