• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went through all the inuyasha endings i can remember, and yes My will is the best , and thats not just my nostalgia talking either. I like most if not all though, could only distinctively remember up to ending 6 (the current ?) anyways

Jintor

Anonymous Asked: Where's Sword-Art tonight?
Sword Art went to go live on a farm. There’s a stream to drink from, and a big field, and Sword Art just runs and runs and runs all day.

Lol!

Did anyone ask them about their relationship with sentai?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
oh I love that opening , I don't know about that ending as best though.

But it is!

Man I remember being outside one November night and seeing a HUGE full moon overhead and that song INSTANTLY came to mind (was probably airing on AS at the time.) That kind of thing sticks with you.

maxresdefault.jpg

~ Come my way ~

~ Come close to me ~

Unfortunately, 'Ol Sword-Art had to be put down. Fella just couldn't move like it used to. It got old and could barely walk anymore.
We buried 'ol Sword-Art behind the family mulberry tree. Lil' Jason made the grave marker all by himself. Poor guy's all heart-broken.

I could do this all day.

Tenumi

Banned
I'm surprised they still have the energy to do the Q&A's, to be honest. Seems like a lot of work to answer mostly troll or idiotic questions.

...Also, I was dead tired last night, so I missed out on watching. Thank goodness for DVR. And thank more goodness for no more SAO!

Seda

Hmm

One Piece
-We spent several episodes getting introduced to the location and the new characters, and after a squabble with Usopp that felt just a tad awkward to me, seems like things are getting interesting.

FMA:B
-I'm a sucker for 'brotherhood' relationships (a reason why this show resonates with me), so the transmutation scene is definitely a favorite of mine. Ed's line: "No, dammit. You won't take him too. Give him back! He's my brother! Take my leg. Take my arm! Take my heart, ANYTHING, YOU CAN HAVE IT!" always gets to me. Episodes are over-packed though.

GitS
-Seeing Aramaki make fools out of SWAT was as amusing as last time I saw the episode. And from here on out, everything should be 'new' to me.

Naruto
-Zabuza is a cool foe, and it's refreshing to see the one moment Naruto and Sasuke work together without needing sharingan or rasengan. I also appreciate Kakashi getting into a little trouble to show he isn't perfect all the time.

Blue Exorcist
-Yeah the ho-hum part time job stuff was unexpected based off the previews, but it's only natural to set up the sense of normalcy before 'shit gets real'. While the show was certainly a mix between dark and light hearted, I think I like the tone so far. I'm interested in seeing more, which means the first episode did its job. JYB as Yukio feels just a tad awkward though, his design and the voice don't gel well but maybe I'll get used to it.

Samurai Jack
-Genndy's artstyle is fun to see, and it's a nice change of pace from the 4 hours before it. I think it works well as a late-block show although I'm not entirely sure why. Perhaps because it's simple. But yeah, this episode was a little trite.

Space Dandy
-I love dogs, so I can't say I didn't care when pup passed away. But it did feel like a cheap emotional tug. And then the second half was an entirely different mood. It was amusing at times, but a little too haphazard.

Clone Wars
-Pretty action packed. Ashoka wasn't insufferable. Some fun visuals.

Shippuden
-Kankuro's jutsus are a little unorthodox, but I prefer that to energy balls and magic. I can't hate Kankuro, so this episode wasn't awful, and the skirmish was done in a single episode! But the show feels quite stilted. And IIRC there's still more set up to be done before we actually hit the somewhat more interesting parts on the arc.

Soul Eater
-Pretty terrible episode all around. Asura isn't interesting. Arachne pretty much never did anything. Maybe Kid stepping up to avenge his father might be somewhat nifty. I was afraid I'd lose interest when Medusa was offed, and that seems to be the case.

Bleach
-Bleach sucks. Not just because it's filler, but Bleach's style of combat scenes is almost always terrible. Naruto mid-battle flashbacks are better than Bleach combat chatter.

I have to agree about that Inuyasha ending. That thing is S-tier awesome. Much like Andrex, I had a situation when watching old adult swim anime saturday night block, seeing that ending and then going outside in the middle of a field we had behind our house in Illinois and staring at a giant full moon in the cold. That shit is magical to me now.

Also speaking of good ED. I can't wait until Blue Exorcist's second ED song. I know it will be shortened, but that shit is jammin.

Wired Life

daveo42

Banned
So I finally watched last night's Dandy. Overall I thought it was a decent episode, but there was just not enough time spent with Pup to get too emotionally attached. The Cowboy Bebop reference in the episode was pretty sweet. I almost feel like the Flee Bros and Pup episodes could have been separate, though I'm not as sure on the actual plot of an episode about a dog other than either making Pup a crew member through a zany adventure or just end with feels.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I have to agree about that Inuyasha ending. That thing is S-tier awesome. Much like Andrex, I had a situation when watching old adult swim anime saturday night block, seeing that ending and then going outside in the middle of a field we had behind our house in Illinois and staring at a giant full moon in the cold. That shit is magical to me now.

aKvgTAI.png
LtNDbKz.png

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Also speaking of good ED. I can't wait until Blue Exorcist's second ED song. I know it will be shortened, but that shit is jammin.

Wired Life

Inuyasha EDs tend to do that, shit made me enlightened.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Wired Life
Oh man, i forgot about the 2nd ending, I loved it!

Its really jarring watching OG Naruto and seeing how much more story has happened and how much better paced the original series is compared to Shippuden

bigkrev

Based on what was happening in the show preceding it , Deadman Wonderlands Shiny Shiny was the best closing song in Toonami History
i liked the opening song to that show in all seriousness though!

And what's all this crazy talk about any Inuyasha song other than My Will being the best? SMDH

Nevermind gif cam is dumb

Edit: Naruto Filler Hell 154

Uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Man God

Non-Canon Member
"Follow My Lead! The Great Survival Challenge"

RyZYKZDl.jpg

We open straight to the Ninja Academy. All of the students including Team Konohamaru are gathered around a bulletin board, chattering away about some unbelievable upcoming event. Then we head to Tsunade's office where Naruto is giving her the business. He can't believe it. He wants a real mission not babysitting duty. Twenty, Lee, Neji, Ino Pig, Choji, Shino, Kiba, and Hinata are also there. Too bad, the teams are already assigned. Naruto needs to get back to his training but no one ever became Hokage by disappointing kids and not being a leader. This mission is ideal for Hokage training. She goes to rip up the team assignments and start over but of course Naruto fell for it. None of the other Genin are impressed by how easily he was tricked. Naruto get his team assignment. It's Konohamaru, Moegi, and what's his name. Shikamaru got out of this job by being a proctor. He didn't want to do it anyways as it's a drag.

02KZIedl.jpg

Iruka lays down the score; a two day survival mission race to a mountain. They need to stick to the routes and avoid proctors posing as enemy Ninja. They need to make it to the stone face of the mountain and retrieve the document there. There's only one document though so it's a race. Naruto encourages his team saying they'll be the ones Iruka is talking about winning.

Iy2Qpkul.jpg

We start with Team Choji. He teaches them how to live off the land with a raw plant they can eat and makes them search for food. One of finds something similar to the grass Choji ate but he points out that it is poisonous blowfish variety. Different leaf shape. Choji is proud. Naruto is teaching Team Konohamaru with the same lesson, only his foraging off the land involves a convenience store. They are not impressed.

MdNMYZpl.jpg

Team Neji is next. He teaches them that compasses aren't accurate in this area but if you have a wristwatch you can get an approximate direction by looking at the current time compared to where the sun is. They are impressed. Cut to Naruto getting lost with his compass. Moegi and Konohamaru agree, he's lost.

6L7SW1Ol.jpg

Naruto pretends not to be and a getting lost in the jungle montage begins, including a stop in some old lady's living room. Back where they started. He gives the map to Konohamaru who also gets lost. Moegi is next. Nope. They're doomed. The third one is next when he gets hypnotized by the compass. Less important teams like Ino Pig and Kiba get one frame shots in a quick montage. Shino is crossing a bridge and Twenty is beating the fuck out of goons. Hinata is using her Byakugan to sniff out trouble.

VWPyabIl.jpg

Cut to Lee's team who have also taken out some goons. When he asks if they are ok they respond, "Yes, Lee-Sensei!" He is shook with pride and asks them to repeat it, which they do. He is so proud. The power of youth leads them into the setting sun. Next Iruka gets to ambush Naruto and his squad. Naruto senses them and so do the academy trio. Iruka cuts a quick promo and Naruto starts the sexy Jutsu, which Iruka no sells from behind, clocking Naruto. Team Konohamaru has been practicing though and unleash the cheesecake jutsu.

d8L0w2z.gif

Works pretty well I should say but one man is strong enough to completely no sell it and lays them out.

GXxWQ7wl.jpg

Yeah, that's the guy. Night falls as the rain comes in and Shikamaru tells Iruka that he has an updated weather chart. Team Hinata finds a roadside shelter because they stopped earlier. Hinata says that Ninja always checks the weather. Team Naruto is stuck in the rain and lightning and Moegi is shook. It's a Typhoon says Shikamaru and Iruka is calling off the mission. Team Naruto is off the trail and are going to push on through the night like real men and women, taking a shortcut.

iGtwaHJl.jpg

They make it to the mountain and Naruto is far ahead because he can walk up walls. The kids can't and complain about it but Naruto pushes them on. Udon didn't pack the tent properly and it catches the wind. Konohamaru catches him. Naruto instructs him to unfasten the tent as he prepares a rope. The three fall off as Naruto catches them with a deft bit of rope work. Meanwhile the Chunin have found and recalled every team but, you guessed it, Naruto's team. Shikamaru found one of their bags off the trail and Iruka is worried.

mwXgrapl.jpg

The four of them are in a cave and Team Konohamaru is fighting. Bonds are breaking! Naruto is supposed to be leading. They're hungry and an uneasy truce begins. Shikamaru and Iruka are on the trail. Naruto's food all requires boiling water besides a cake he bought so it's useless. He cuts it into three instead of four. He remembers the bell test and teaches a lesson in teamwork! He's a real leader so they all decide to split it with him despite his protests. Shikamaru is PISSED. They aren't in the cave when they get there. He's a brutal taskmaster, they should have let him starve.

os1qIgNl.jpg

Udon has a bad feeling as they are climbing the mountain and a giant fuck crush boulder is heading right for them. Naruto wants them to go and they head to the right. The boulder falls on him and the kids decide to save him. He fell in a gap so he's not hurt but he is stuck. Udon wants to leave but Konohamaru cuts a promo; Naruto is their nakama after all! A person can do anything if they put their heart and soul into it.

LIOd1tyl.jpg

They run up the mountain and clear the debris as the stone on top of the mountain starts coming down. Iruka and Shikamaru appear to ask if they are ok and point out that the rock on top of the mountain is coming down. Naruto makes some clones and tells the kids to run down the mountain as a boulder lands on him. The clones held it up while he Rasengan'd it to dust.

ww1itLcl.jpg

The fourth wants answers and the kids snitch on him. Short cuts. Rule breaking. Dangerous. Going ahead no matter what. His lesson in teamwork really paid off as they learned team snitching. Naruto runs out of the office with Tsunade in hot pursuit as we end this episode.

NEXT EPISODE: "Bounty Hunter from the Wilderness"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Is there anything we can talk about for ten more posts? Ooh that Dandy preview will work.

I want to get the next episode done so I can relax tomorrow night. I'm going from 6am to 8pm tomorrow and Tuesday.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh man, bad memories of that episode too.

Space Dandy episode 9 promo.

I think after this upcoming arc I'll lay down my feelings about what I've seen so far. I'm barely into the first full set of filler. One offs are usually pretty good and this one was slightly below their lofty average but better than a lot of what's left to come. I like Konohamaru and his friends but yeah.

For those of you keeping track at home everyone gained an episode on Sakura for most on screen appearances. The list is getting interesting.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Let me guess, Hinata and Kiba will be at top while Tenten and Sasuke are at bottom.

Sasuke will appear
exactly once
in a non flashback for the entire filler hell. Sakura imagining him on a mountain does not count either.

EDIT: Twenty was just a feature player in the longest filler arc. Her numbers are inflated.

MikeMyers

Sasuke will appear
exactly once
in a non flashback for the entire filler hell. Sakura imagining him on a mountain does not count either.

EDIT: Twenty was just a feature player in the longest filler arc. Her numbers are inflated.

Wait, does Sasuke even count on this list?

I remember seeing him in an episode, it was something where
Naruo, Ino, Shino go somewhere and meet some girl who used to know Orochimaru. Something like that

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wait, does Sasuke even count on this list?

I remember seeing him in an episode, it was something where
Naruo, Ino, Shino go somewhere and meet some girl who used to know Orochimaru. Something like that

I told anyone who wanted to bet on the outcome twice to not pick the sauce. He counts, I guess, but I basically remember his number exactly or close to exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom