• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
All these people asking about SAO coming back...

tumblr_mbl2kpeimv1rxuzauo1_500.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Killing SAO brought about the ruin.

Kill Blue Exorcist and SAO will live.

Devour Blue Exorcist and SAO will live forever.

Popular with idiots maybe.

"Durrr, why isn't it airing anymore?"

"It was the last episode."

"duuurrrrrrrrrrrrr"

Despite the line saying that he "fought the final boss", it does look like it is setting up for a new series/content afterwards. Surprise! It does!

But no, it's much easier to call people idiots. You make a great argument.

Space Dandy was....odd. It felt very disjointed, but I dunno. I thought it worked. Normally we have a somewhat weak first half and a strong second half, and I thought both of the halves of this episode were strong. I want to say that this should have been a two-parter, and maybe it should have been, but I feel like that might have created a lot of down time within each episode. This way, we pretty much got right to the good stuff even if the way the two halves fit together wasn't exactly perfect. I also really liked the more exaggerated, cartoony vibe of this episode; seemed to help the comedy flow better.

Shippuden sped up its pacing ever so slightly, but unfortunately it's just not any fun to watch Kankuro get wrecked.

Blue Exorcist is very cookie cutter. Soul Eater was kind of the same way, but I think the difference is the execution. Blue Exorcist is done well enough and it looks nice, but Soul Eater had STYLE, in all-caps. It was made so well that you didn't give much of a shit about how generic its setup was. The jury's still out on the characters for Blue Exorcist (though comparing first episodes, Soul Eater characters stood out much more to me), but I'm guessing Father Anderson is totally gonna eat it within the next few episodes.

I liked Asura better when he knew how to shut up.

Brotherhood was incredibly rushed, but I don't think that detracted from how powerful some of those scenes were.

Genndy Tartakovsky is not a subtle man. I had this problem a little bit with Sym-Bionic Titan, too, and this episode of Samurai Jack, while fun, had some serious issues with beating the audience over the head.

Let's hope Clone Wars didn't blow all of its budget for the season on this episode, because damn that looked expensive.

InuYasha is just setting up the infant, and the rest makes Kagome sound like she's rationalizing an abusive relationship.

great:
One Piece
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Space Dandy
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

good:
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Samurai Jack
Blue Exorcist

meh:
InuYasha
Naruto Shippuden
Soul Eater
Bleach

Despite the line saying that he "fought the final boss", it does look like it is setting up for a new series/content afterwards. Surprise! It does!

But no, it's much easier to call people idiots. You make a great argument.

but the questions dont seem to be about the new show or content at all.

but the questions dont seem to be about the new show or content at all.

My point was that while the plot gets wrapped up, the ending of the episode suggests that they are going to a new place and that there are new worlds being created.

It doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility that people asking "Where did it go?" or "What happened to it?" could have thought there might be more.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One Piece
Space Dandy
GITS:SAC
Naruto
Naruto: Shippuden
Inuyasha
FMA:Brotherhood
Star Wars Clone Wars
IGPX
Blue Exorcist
Samurai Jack
Soul Eater
Bleach

Good week overall. Bleach was the only below average show which is depressing as it had a bunch of Cam Clarke. First really good episodes of both Naruto and Shippuden. One of my most watched episodes of Stand Alone Complex. Love the ending of Inuyasha, first really good episode of IGPX. Blue Exorcist was good. Samurai Jack and Soul Eater were good, but not as good as the rest.

My point was that while the plot gets wrapped up, the ending of the episode suggests that they are going to a new place and that there are new worlds being created.

It doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility that people asking "Where did it go?" or "What happened to it?" could have thought there might be more.

And there is going to be more later this year

Also ratings for this week

One Piece
FMA:B
Clone Wars
Blue Exorcist
Space Dandy
GitS
Naruto
Samurai Jack
InuYasha
IGPX
Naruto Shippuden
Bleach
Soul Eater

Fuck Bones Eater, Shippuden continues to snail along as a horrible pace, Bleach is all over the place as always.

Igpx was pretty enjoyable this week cause of the Rocket, InuYasha was okay, Samurai Jack was good if a bit too over the head with its SLAVERY concept.

Everything else was really enjoyable, Blue Exorcist set things up really nicely and had a nice balance of comedy and character introduction with a tease of action that left me wanting more.

Moaradin

One Piece
Space Dandy
Blue Exorcist
Soul Eater
Naruto Shippuden
Bleach

HxH would be the perfect show for Toonami. Really weird that whoever has it hasn't released a dub already.

Maybe they are waiting for it to finish it's run. HxH truly would be great on Toonami. That show can show all the other shonen how it's done.

i dunno. it was left open, but it seemed to pretty obviously be an ending.

Man god you best be trolling with Shippuden that high on your list, that episode was just as slow and boring as the rest of Shippuden has been so far.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Not trolling, I love my boy Kankuro and this was such a breath of fresh air compared to what has come before. I actually really like the next three episodes or so.

I don't know it seems pretty contrived, i am not gonna say people who think this are idiots. But the ending even without the final boss and whatever part, showed aspects of things wrapping up, with yea possibly more things to come later on. But like that whole last week they were indicating how *a new show* was coming to toonami next week , through the whole run of that weekend of toonami . This seems to me more on the level of the people who asked "are you guys considering shippuden" when it was already on and airing. maybe not idiotic, but clearly not paying attention.

i dunno. it was left open, but it seemed to pretty obviously be an ending.

Sure, and that's how I approached it as well. But calling people that might have mistook it "durr durrrr" idiots? I think that's a bit harsh considering it did leave openness AND it is in fact getting continued.

Sure, and that's how I approached it as well. But calling people that might have mistook it "durr durrrr" idiots? I think that's a bit harsh considering it did leave openness AND it is in fact getting continued.

"idiots" is probably harsh, yeah, but i don't think you can file it under just an honest mistake, either. like, there's some shows that end and leave you saying "that's it?" Sword Art Online isn't one of those.

I don't know how I would rate this week. To be honest, this lineup is starting to feel like the weakest point for me in my nuToonami watching history . I'm watching less than half the shows now, but from what I watched:

1) Samurai Jack - Still the best thing on toonami right now and this episode was great, even if I want that particular voice Tom Kenny does for these type of characters to never be used again. I also wish Jack didnt have to be on at 4 , I could really be asleep at like 3:00 if it didn't come on the after reruns I don't wanna see .

2) One Piece - Shit is starting to get real and this episode was fun in that and the legit shooking . I always love one pieces way of combining humor and funny moments and concepts with legit serious moments. I mean , a DOORMAN .

3) Blue Exorcist- this is typically not my kinda show really, but this was an interesting and somewhat funny beginning, and I won't tire of Yugioh or DMC jokes

4) Space Dandy - this episode wasnt bad or good, just vary all over the place, random and odd. Though feels man, feels.

5) Shippuden - still slow and still couldnt really be too arsed to pay attention , but its a step uh better than what was before, at least we had an actual fight today.

6) Soul Eater- didnt pay too much attention here too, but It seemed to be asura and death fighting while saying platitudes and having a somewhat boring conversation.

I really can't wait for IGPX and star wars to be gone, its killing any effort for me to watch inuyasha, I can't really get too into watching fma for the 5th time either, though i might try around some of the awesomer/sadder moments . As for naruto, this is both a good arc, and i just am not feeling watching it all over again too , hopefully in a year they continue from where they restarted . GIts I missed the start of this run and now i can't really get into it without being sorta confused or disinterested .

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I left in the middle of Soul Eater to drive my buddy back. I came back and it was still on (he lives pretty damn close) and I felt like I had missed nothing. I didn't even feel the need to go back and watch those six minutes on DVR. I might watch them on Netflix tonight but yeah, horrible episode.

Contrast this to last week where a power outage took out most of Inuyasha and I came back and watched it all and rated it very highly. SE was not good this week when it was quite good just a week or two before. Sad.

I will try my best just for modern world inu , i spent the hr and a half between soul eater and samurai jack laying in bed and talking about pokemon , and contemplated doing the same for inuyasha but balked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom