• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning guys! What's going on in this threa...

lLGKsTS.png

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Come is easily the best ED in a show full of really great EDs. My Will is definitely number 2, though.

Fun fact: Come is actually a (superior) cover of an Australian pop song.

Don't believe me?

http://youtu.be/1R4Y2otQGRo

Yup, never knew that. Glad to know this now! I love Inuyasha's endings. Generally beautiful art, great themes, all memorable.

I love all the looks and styles we run through in Dandy. It's like the Major's looks in Ghost in the Shell, except more over-arching and obvious.

This page is killing my Wii U browser.

Heh, I know the feeling. Vita just puts a page in Infinite-refresh loop when it meets too many GIFs. Page 383 will for ever remain in Toonami Page history, even if it can't stay in console browser memory for a few seconds.

MikeMyers

Yup, never knew that. Glad to know this now! I love Inuyasha's endings. Generally beautiful art, great themes, all memorable.

Inuyasha has best endings and Bleach has best openings. Hence why Inuyasha is last show and Bleach is first show.....well, pre-Space Dandy anyway.

daveo42

Banned
Inuyasha has best endings and Bleach has best openings. Hence why Inuyasha is last show and Bleach is first show.....well, pre-Space Dandy anyway.

I always felt that Bleach's OP were hit or miss. Most are really good, but there have been a few that I just didn't care for.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

This logic I shall accept! Fits my anime Marathon rule, too; Watching the OP of the first episode, and the ending of the final episodes (watching full of either that change / update during the marathon.) It was Bleach's first OP that really sold me on the show, really sold Kubo's oddly stylish designs.

RukiaBwahaha.gif

Related cuz memories.

MikeMyers

Bleach's last OP kinda sucks though so we're not missing out

You mean the one for the Fullbring arc? I like that one.

I always felt that Bleach's OP were hit or miss. Most are really good, but there have been a few that I just didn't care for.

Some are just okay, but I like most of them a lot.

This logic I shall accept! Fits my anime Marathon rule, too; Watching the OP of the first episode, and the ending of the final episodes (watching full of either that change / update during the marathon.) It was Bleach's first OP that really sold me on the show, really sold Kubo's oddly stylish designs.

RukiaBwahaha.gif

Related cuz memories.

Yeah, first OP was great. I remember when I first watched Bleach in 2005, I was really into it and thought it was hilarious. I was disappointed when they shifted the show from a slice of life type thing to a Shonen battle series, but I don't think I lost interest until the Bount arc started.

daveo42

Banned
Yeah, first OP was great. I remember when I first watched Bleach in 2005, I was really into it and thought it was hilarious. I was disappointed when they shifted the show from a slice of life type thing to a Shonen battle series, but I don't think I lost interest until the Bount arc started.

Even once it started down the path of shounen battle, it still had a good deal of depth that seems to have been all but abandoned at this point. I completely enjoyed the series well into the Arrancar arc, it just seemed to devolve as we neared its conclusion.

I gave up the anime before the Bount Amagai(?) arc but I'm still actively reading the manga to see it to the end.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'm not sure if I think of Bleach as the same show anymore. It was a nice "modern YuYu" at first, and then it starts running around in circles with a lore and characters that are just big and bloated.

I guess it is the fate of all shonen to grow from meager world-based beginnings into battles to decide the fate of the entire ____. Though I think Ichigo really lost a lot of what made him cool due to this transition.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Even once it started down the path of shounen battle, it still had a good deal of depth that seems to have been all but abandoned at this point. I completely enjoyed the series well into the Arrancar arc, it just seemed to devolve as we neared its conclusion.

I gave up the anime before the Bount arc but I'm still actively reading the manga to see it to the end.

I actually didnt start disliking bleach until aizen actually put his plan into motion, then it felt like something was missing, grimmjow and ulquirroa were the most hyped up of this series, grimmjow espcially and once they were out the picture everything went down hill

daveo42

Banned
I actually didnt start disliking bleach until aizen actually put his plan into motion, then it felt like something was missing, grimmjow and ulquirroa were the most hyped up of this series, grimmjow espcially and once they were out the picture everything went down hill

Oops, confused the Bount arc with the current arc airing on Toonami. I skipped the Bount arc and jumped right into the Arrancar arc.

My bad.

aww i missed toonamiGAFs foray into fanservice. are all those naruto gifs from the shippuden filler? i stopped watching shippuden when it got filler heavy and went back to the manga

daveo42

Banned
ToonamiGaf falls into fanservice for a day < Mangaf falling into hentai for a night

There's a reason why I don't stop over at ManGAF while at work outside of shounen hell days. I also consume a very small amount of manga in comparison to some of the regulars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom