• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, Sword Art Online Extra Edition isn't just another episode with fanservice. It's considered a movie & is 100 minutes long.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Crocodile

I feel like asking if they have both seasons of Black Lagoon is a dumb question but asking if they have the OVAs strikes me as a legit question. So that answer is a bit snarkier than needed :/

RedBoot

There's no fucking way that's been dubbed yet, right?

It's been out for a month or so. If they really wanted it to air (and by 'they' I'm more talking about Aniplex), they could probably pull it off. Two or so months lead-time is probably enough.

If they air it in SAO's normal timeslot and just skip the reruns after it for a week, it would work pretty well. I doubt it though.

I feel like asking if they have both seasons of Black Lagoon is a dumb question but asking if they have the OVAs strikes me as a legit question. So that answer is a bit snarkier than needed :/

well i threw the question about OVAs in with a more incredibly obvious question about both seasons hoping they'd answer one and then at least look at the other one.

also i should clarify the whole senior prom thing was a question they DID answer and not the answer to that question haha

Jintor

Can someone ask them about the deliberate girl power short and the curious case of the tentacle molestation and incest episode

I am away from my computer proper and typing anything is a massive pain

Can someone ask them about the deliberate girl power short and the curious case of the tentacle molestation and incest episode

I am away from my computer proper and topping anything is a massive pain
Sara already answered that on reddit during the week, it was a coincidence

Q: I'm bummed you're playing Jack so late, why move Stand Alone up of all things?
A: All of those decisions are based on how well our programming department thinks each show will do in their respective timeslot."

an actual answer to a legitimate question appears!

Crocodile

well i threw the question about OVAs in with a more incredibly obvious question about both seasons hoping they'd answer one and then at least look at the other one.

also i should clarify the whole senior prom thing was a question they DID answer and not the answer to that question haha

Woops, I misread that, my bad :p

Sara already answered that on reddit during the week, it was a coincidence

I feel sorry for her that the programming execs and the people who made SAO had to put her in a position to even have to answer a question like that >_>

Well ask them how they feel about Sao gradually getting weirder and weirder

Expected Answer: Our advertisers and the suits above us are pleased so *shrug*

Amikami

Banned
Anonymous Asked: How did last week's SAO episode (the one with the attempted tentacle rape scene) get away with a TVPG?
Answer: Key word: “Attempted.”

lol.

Levyne

Banned
I could see Soul eater having a late run in the future. I would be fine with it. Gotta have something in those slots that can't be new.

Seda

Maybe they are just keeping their options open by not saying "Soul Eater will not rerun" outright, even if there aren't plans at the moment.

Also this made me laugh

This question might not make sense, but what is your opinion on Adult Swim? Like, if you could say any opinion on it what would it be?

You’re right, that doesn’t really make sense.

Sorry, just messing around. We’re not in charge of that dub and did not ask for that change. Beyond that, the dub aired first, so who’s to say which version is “correct?” Either way, ask our friends at Funimation, We’re sure they had a good reason!

pretty sure the version that was written first and not being adapted into another language to match the mouth flaps is the one that's correct there, Toonami

Levyne

Banned
Yeah the whole the dub airs first is slightly grating. I mean, it doesn't really bother me because I really don't care, but I could see some people going off on that. How long until we see that.

3f0d36cb0816b4201c78.png

Lol, remember the reactions for that night.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
To be fair, those who watch Toonami but don't follow Toonami news on social media wouldn't know about Black Lagoon yet. Talking about it in an on air Q&A is fair game IMO.
That's a valid & understandable point.

....now someone ask if they'll reair SAO. Mwahahahaha.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They should get the crew back together and film a behind the music episode of IGPX that details the excess between the first and second IGPX seasons.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Thanks for the DUMP comments guys, I always make sure to go back and read all of them, even when they're pages back :)

I'm kinda glad they seem open to Re-Airing Outlaw Star, if they could get the rights back. Nice not to see an "It's too old, like FoTNS and RANMA!" answer, heh.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd totally be up for an Outlaw Star rewatch. I only saw the series on DVD way after it finished airing on Toonami (or learning of the fact they had it once) and it'd be cool if they could air it uncut (including that one episode that was originally cut).

& just checked, Funimation grabbed the rights after Bandai closed down in the US. So sounds like there might be a chance!

Levyne

Banned
Why do you answer garbage questions like crap about going to prom or just saying hi when there are actual relevant questions that are going unanswered? You've barely said anything about Black Lagoon or Samurai Jack or anything that people care about. Guess repeating the same thing or saying hello is just more important.

GMN is that you?
KuGsj.gif

Why do you answer garbage questions like crap about going to prom or just saying hi when there are actual relevant questions that are going unanswered? You've barely said anything about Black Lagoon or Samurai Jack or anything that people care about. Guess repeating the same thing or saying hello is just more important.

GMN is that you?
KuGsj.gif

dayum. nope, i ran past the allotted number of questions already.

GMN is that you?
KuGsj.gif
Snap. What was their reponse?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've owned the DVDs for years.

I don't think any amount of editing could put that episode of Outlaw Star on the air. Too much full frontal nudity.

They put the work in for Tenchi OVA because that was an all time classic. I guess if they used the modern technique of white fog everywhere they could possibly get away with it but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom