• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb15| Giraffes are awesome, I love giraffes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Bloodline trait = something you can't be taught like the Sharigan or the Byakugan or (in part 1) special elements like ice or wood styles

Learning to use multiple elements = Something you can be taught to use according to what we just learned

Both of these things were called Kekkai Gen Kai

These two things don't go together

Learning to use multiple elements is something most people can do. Combining them is special and called a kekkei genkai I believe.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bloodline trait = something you can't be taught like the Sharigan or the Byakugan or (in part 1) special elements like ice or wood styles

Learning to use multiple elements = Something you can be taught to use according to what we just learned

Both of these things were called Kekkai Gen Kai

These two things don't go together

Edit: Did they say only certain blood lines can combine elements? Yamato made it sound like because he could use water and earth he could do wood, and then Kakashi said most Jonin can learn to use 2 or more elements

You just misunderstood what they were saying. Kakashi said most can learn 2 and Yamato said that only bloodlines can combine them to make new elemental powers.

I thought they were saying that was the derivation of those Bloodline Limits but they still can't be used by those outside that genetic line. Like the way Haku's Bloodline Limit worked involved the mixing of chakra natures but nobody outside his clan can do it like he can.

I guess I can accept that, like using ice chakra is so natural for that blood line that it's not an issue, where as someone who doesn't have that bloodline would need to do an extensive amount of training to even be able to use a light version of it

You just misunderstood what they were saying. Kakashi said most can learn 2 and Yamato said that only bloodlines can combine them to make new elemental powers.

Gotcha, thanks

In OG Naruto it was just explained as a 'bloodline trait' ability.

Here they extrapolated it to be ninjutsu that merge two elemental natures, but still 'bloodline' related.

But then that means that Ice is only available to Haku's clan. So no one else but Haku's blood relatives can use it. Weren't there other people who mastered Wind and Water? Does that mean they can have wind and water but not use ice.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
God damn it Naruto stop being so thick.
At least just say "It's a mystery technique" like Luffy.

Crocodile

How did neither Naruto not Jairiya figure out that Shadow Clones are good for training? I'll never understand what Naruto was doing those past 3 years.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Kakashi always underhypes himself when he truly is one of the best ninja in the naruto universe.

This element of shadow clones actually made me like it even more than I already did.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
See, this right here is a retcon. There's no way he wouldn't notice this before considering how much he uses the damn move.

But then that means that Ice is only available to Haku's clan. So no one else but Haku's blood relatives can use it. Weren't there other people who mastered Wind and Water? Does that mean they can have wind and water but not use ice.

Exactly. People can learn wind and water, but only Haku's clan can use ice.

LOLDSFAN

Naruto looks like a cat

GC9rcgM.gif

Crocodile

Naruto uses this Jutsu ALL THE TIME, how could he not figured this out on his own? Like it wouldn't even require him to be looking for this feature he'd just be innately aware of it. SMH

Tamanon

Banned
Wait, I thought Naruto always knew what his clones were doing, or at least was able to control them.

Did they ever establish if there was a maximum distance they could be apart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom