• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb15| Giraffes are awesome, I love giraffes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs. Puff!

Mrs. Puff!

I AM THE CAR

vlcsnap-2012-01-14-13h15m01s104.png

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So, who else got Xenoverse?
Yup, on Xbox One.

It looks like dog poop
Naaa, not at all. If you're allergic to Japanese lower-budget gaming jank (Wonky Camera angles, last-gen style texture work, weird lip-synch, characters taking odd poses and stances for stat screens and such that don't exactly look right, etc), it might be annoying...

...but for me, it feels like the good ole "Gamer's Games" I purchased a Dreamcast over a PS2 for. Especially if it somehow had seasonal lobbies like PSO, I'd probably be in love. (I'm one of those weird people who thought of PSO's Valentines day music earlier this month...) I've heard people dislike the town music in this game, but I'm actually really like how it adds and subtracts layers to the theme as you go closer to certain stores, or move to certain areas. Reminds me of how music would occasionally fade as you went deeper into buildings in old RPGs or such.

Now if only the main friend I'll end up playing the game with wasn't most likely getting it half a month from now! Hopefully we'll get some similar memories out of this game...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If I get a solid report that it is actually BT4 in all but name then I'll buy a PS4 just to play it.\

It won't be though, that ship sailed almost a decade ago.

Kill la Kill is ridiculous. It took me 3 episodes to realize that Satsuki and Ryuko both look like even more scantily dressed versions of Aeon Flux in their fighting getups.

I dont know how many people agree, but Mako might be one of the most important side characters in an anime that I've seen recently. For a show that loves its moments of no-nonsense, revenge at all costs moments, she's there to provide comedy and wisdom with a dash of aloofness. Mako gets it. I thinks she's in on the joke and knows how crazy all of this is and has not shame in showing it.

And let me also say that I love that they have their "super suits" 3 episodes in. No reason to hold out, give it up now. ;) Should be fun ride.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I save my hyperbole for positive not negative reactions. It still looks dreadful, as in, I might be afraid to watch it. Does not even appear to be entertainingly bad.

Line_HTX

There needs to be more Kiefer Sutherland 24-style Demonic Inuyasha.

I still think Gurren Lagann is superior to klk, but I admit I like Mako too. For now, I'm in it for Gamagori and Satsuki.

Many years ago when it was airing I saw lots of places on the Internet post screenshots of ALL the unspeakable in the Gurren Lagann final battle. They were everywhere and I really hope no one suffers that pain of random spoiling as we approach the end. This fucking serious business for this show and I want all first time watchers to not be tainted.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
New watchers of gurren lagann, make sure to avoid page 2 of the "Supermassive black hole 12 billion times larger than the sun detected" thread.

bigkrev

Toonami getting that Columbia Pictures(?) money

(next week to be sponsored by the movie 'Chappie'.)
Chappie looks DREADFUL.

I thought the same thing, but just like Kingsmen, I actually got interested when I saw it was rated R. I plan on seeing it just to see some bloody action.

$305 for the Mario 3d world bundle!

Uh, isn't that over MSRP? It's 275 at Best Buy this week! http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintend...lack/8569008.p?id=1219350936014&skuId=8569008

So, who else got Xenoverse?

Waiting for a 25% discount on Steam to jump in. I enjoyed the Naruto UNS games on Steam despite my hatred of Naruto just due to how pretty they looked and moved, so I'm getting this even if it plays like crap

I thought the same thing, but just like Kingsmen, I actually got interested when I saw it was rated R. I plan on seeing it just to see some bloody action.

Uh, isn't that over MSRP? It's 275 at Best Buy this week! http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintend...lack/8569008.p?id=1219350936014&skuId=8569008

Waiting for a 25% discount on Steam to jump in. I enjoyed the Naruto UNS games on Steam despite my hatred of Naruto just due to how pretty they looked and moved, so I'm getting this even if it plays like crap
Xenoverse looks nowhere as good as the Naruto series graphically.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Bleach manga

Since when did you think this manga was not about Aizen?

*smirk*

First chapter back and he's already trolling. Kubo knew people wanted this and not the Quincy garbage.

Meanwhile in One Piece. Fuck yeah Zoro!

i forget why did i get a box in the first place

I don't remember what comment was originally made that got the unedited gif posted, but I'm pretty sure I'm the one who said "someone needs to edit this gif so that it's Seda's face on the box" and then within like 5 minutes someone did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom