• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb15| Giraffes are awesome, I love giraffes

Status
Not open for further replies.
tfw you nut so hard the whole squad feel it.

vegeta_smirk_2_by_demonskin818-d4t6olq.gif

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Power Levels really should have been retired after this, but no, they stuck around like a lingering fart.

Jarate

Banned
I think the thing to do when writing good Shonen is just trying to avoid techniques that require or basically amount to "charging up" or at least properly account for it (like doing it in a way or form a distance that your opponent won't notice or can't react). Like Jojo still has the "Talking is a Free Action" problem but you don't "charge" Stands so there isn't a lot of "doing nothing while you opponent charges up their move to kill you" problem that DBZ has. One Piece is also pretty good about avoiding this from recollection.
It makes somewhat sense,
vegeta and goku both not only want to win, but they want to win when their opponents are at their best. It makes sense that theyd let eachother charge up. Frieza, Cell and somewhat Buu also had a similar pride to themselves. In Jojo, the Joestars want to win no matter what, DBZ characters are too prideful

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I think the thing to do when writing good Shonen is just trying to avoid techniques that require or basically amount to "charging up" or at least properly account for it (like doing it in a way or form a distance that your opponent won't notice or can't react). Like Jojo still has the "Talking is a Free Action" problem but you don't "charge" Stands so there isn't a lot of "doing nothing while you opponent charges up their move to kill you" problem that DBZ has. One Piece is also pretty good about avoiding this from recollection.

Powers in one piece dont involve alot of charging up, they just are, same for boku no hero academia.

Squishy3

Jojo's and One Piece just has people use the techniques as they come up with them, essentially. One Piece might have a flashback tied to the special technique depending on the character but that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom