• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb15| Giraffes are awesome, I love giraffes

Status
Not open for further replies.
And in this moment Toriyama realized this power level concept was stupid blowing up Bulma's radar so he wouldn't have to think about it for awhile

Crocodile

I'm pretty sure that's an issue with almost every battle shonen ever, I'm trying to think of times where someone tried to charge up a the other character tried to stop the power up instead of standing and waiting for it to happen

Well actually thinking about DBZ/this fight
Vegeta does this later on when he realizes Gohan's about to go Oozaru

I think the thing to do when writing good Shonen is just trying to avoid techniques that require or basically amount to "charging up" or at least properly account for it (like doing it in a way or form a distance that your opponent won't notice or can't react). Like Jojo still has the "Talking is a Free Action" problem but you don't "charge" Stands so there isn't a lot of "doing nothing while you opponent charges up their move to kill you" problem that DBZ has. One Piece is also pretty good about avoiding this from recollection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom