• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The last 32 episodes of RK are Non-Canon™, ever so slightly more than a third of the entire series. Done by a different studio too! Meanwhile the manga actually gets really good in that final bit.

It's almost exactly like filler hell, only if early Shippuden rocked and was never made into anime.

Line_HTX

Wow, now I see why it looked so different and nothing even happened after the Kyoto arc...

So lame... And here I thought it was going to be exciting watching it all because I got it on DVD and decided to skip way ahead of Toonami's airing. Mind you, this was when I was in middle school so the concept of filler never even got to me yet. I finally understood what it was in high school though when Bleach was going through the Bount arc in Japan.

My non avatar powers have increased.

tumblr_nxalojpkrn1tocarto1_250.gif

Hah, my hate for Garo Crimson Moon has elevated me far beyond the reaches of the average neogaf poster.

Now behold, witness me, AT THE ABSOLUTE PINNACLE OF MY POWER!

*19 episodes later*

latest

TUSR

Banned
Hah, my hate for Garo Crimson Moon has elevated me far beyond the reaches of the average neogaf poster.

Now behold, witness me, AT THE ABSOLUTE PINNACLE OF MY POWER!

*19 episodes later*

much like freiza, i will be my own downfall

eventually.

Line_HTX

I don't know about you guys, but after the excitement of the Faulkner soundtrack, I always wanted to watch DBZ with the dub mixed with Kikuchi, and with Kai, it was almost like I was watching the original way back when.

I'm just a sucker for those cheesy 80s/early 90s OST's, is all.

ckohler

My birthday is in 3 days and I'm debating whether I should get a Hori Fightstick or spend extra on a Madcatz stick. Any suggestions?

Happy belated (yesterday) birthday. Mine is today, actually. Here's hoping Toonami's gift to us will be a new show announcement this week.

Dragon Ball Z: Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans

latest

The least interesting Villain team up you could conceive.

So a little backstory about this little OVA. It started out as a Famicom game back in 1993 before being turned into a 60 minute OVA a couple months later only for that to then be reworked as a launch title to Bandai's Playdia in 1994. 16 years later it was made into a 30 minute OVA for Raging Blast 2.

Sounds uninteresting? Well guess what, the OVA itself is even less intriguing than the development behind it. It's completely dull and lifeless, there are no stakes and things just kinda happen for the sake of the story. The idea of a Tuffle exacting vengeance on the Sayian's for wiping out their race could have been interesting (thank you, Dragon Ball Multiverse) but it's just fluff here and is insubstantial. Like Hatyiyack or whatever his name is the OVA is devoid of personality and probably fits right in the bottom three of DBZ flims/OVA's I've seen so far.

Guys, here's General Grievous as a school girl.

What?

...It's not like I have a weird General Grievous fetish or anything.

Also, that new Mirror's Edge trailer looks good, but I don't want a story from Mirror's Edge.

I wanna run fast.

Without being a blue hedgehog.

speaking of DBZ reviews, I'm super behind schedule on editing but the podcast for Lord Slug and The Martian will be up tomorrow and the podcast for Cooler's Revenge and Birdman hopefully a day or two after that. especially since I have to edit the Toonami Show Rundown this week o_O

I am here to inform you that in the latest chapter of Akame ga Kill they say the phrase trump card twice

One for Esdeath and one for the super secret ultra mega empire weapon
yep

Raxus

I am here to inform you that in the latest chapter of Akame ga Kill they say the phrase trump card twice

One for Esdeath and one for the super secret ultra mega empire weapon
yep

Apparently Esdeath has two trump cards in the manga?

We are reaching Space Dandy level of Trump Cards people.

Regiruler

Guys, here's General Grievous as a school girl.

What?

...It's not like I have a weird General Grievous fetish or anything.

Also, that new Mirror's Edge trailer looks good, but I don't want a story from Mirror's Edge.

I wanna run fast.

Without being a blue hedgehog.
The multiple arms make sense because he's an android.

It's unfortunate that the character has little other recognizable traits but that doesn't mean you need to create freaks of nature.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh sweet, got an email from TOM saying they're gonna mail me the statue I won in about a week or so.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I like how all the subjects for the email I get are "Level 9000!"

is tom friendly in his emails or is he all business
A mix of both.

Also holy crap, it's almost been 3 months since I won it. Still need to figure out where to display it.

The multiple arms make sense because he's an android.

It's unfortunate that the character has little other recognizable traits but that doesn't mean you need to create freaks of nature.

You know what type of person you are Reg?

If you had the chance to get with a hot alien lady or man (whatever your preference) you'd push em away if they had an extra arm.

You'd be like Woolie when pushes hot bisexual women away for MvC3.

Hellwarden are you okay

Listen, as long as no one ever discovers the Grievous bunker I have, where I dress up like him, I'll be okay.

Also, hot take, The Witness and Braid are not clever games, and they both fail to tell an interesting story.

Regiruler

You know what type of person you are Reg?

If you had the chance to get with a hot alien lady or man (whatever your preference) you'd push em away if they had an extra arm.

You'd be like Woolie when pushes hot bisexual women away for MvC3.

Listen, as long as no one ever discovers the Grievous bunker I have, where I dress up like him, I'll be okay.

Also, hot take, The Witness and Braid are not clever games, and they both fail to tell an interesting story.
I'm just saying that particular humanization is bloody dumb.

Arms aren't a personal issue.

Fake edit: grievous bunker wait what
I know the waifu shrines are unfortunately a thing but please don't tell me there are bunkers too.

My birthday is in 3 days and I'm debating whether I should get a Hori Fightstick or spend extra on a Madcatz stick. Any suggestions?

Both are great sticks, though if you're going Madcatz I'd wait on the new TE2+ stick which is coming out I think real soon.

Also happy birthday.

Happy belated (yesterday) birthday. Mine is today, actually. Here's hoping Toonami's gift to us will be a new show announcement this week.

Happy birthday! Please be excited for Future Diary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom