• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only a problem when the translation or localization sucks like with SAO.

The localization sucks inherently if understanding the spoken dialogue is not preserved as a feature. It was in the game, and now the experience is different for those in the other region. A text only in all regions game or made up language game with a text only translation doesn't inherently become a different experience to consume it compared to being in the region of origin.

It should be worth mentioning that a game can have an english dub but still have a half assed localization. Case in point, Dragon Ball Xenoverse seems to think my Female Majin is a guy, constantly. And while I'm at it ...guys.

Seda

The worst current gaming trend/change in this current gen I can think of.

I'd buy various anime license games if they weren't partial translations, but if they are going to half ass their efforts, they get nothing from me.

SAO, JoJo, DBFC, NitroPlus, J-Stars? I'm familiar with those properties to some degree and might be interested in the game. But thanks to Namco and others? Money saved.

We shall see what happens with Arslan Warriors and both Koei and Capcom's AoT games.

Part of me is tempted to keep up with DBZ and Naruto game releases, (which get PC and X1 versions too!), if only I could attach a survey to my purchase letting them know that I'm supporting the actual effort investment of giving the game greater mass appeal in the US rather than the self fulfilling prophecy of a game guaranteeing its assumed niche status with decisions like digital only or sub only.

Your point about niche games staying niche isn't empty, but publishers have to make the best business decision. For something like One Piece Burning Blood, the vast majority of people who are going to pre-order the game, its dlc, the special edition, etc, are going to be people staying on top of the current mange/anime in Japan.

Are there people, who casually watch One Piece and enjoy the English version? Sure. Would some of those people decide to buy Burning Blood if it was in English? Sure. Is it a significant number of people? Probably not.

ShinRPGamer said:
It should be worth mentioning that a game can have an english dub but still have a half assed localization. Case in point, Dragon Ball Xenoverse seems to think my Female Majin is a guy, constantly. And while I'm at it ...guys.

Oh definitely. Koei Tecmo has been under some flack for Atelier/Arno series. The dubs are only partial, but recent games have been filled with technical and creative errors. I know they use freelance translators, which while cheaper.....may not be the best quality.

Line_HTX

SAO Hollow Fragment was as garbage as the translation.

The pre-remastered garbage translation was the funniest shit I've ever seen. Everything could be taken out of context, lol.

I don't think any of the games had dual audio, not even the latest one, Lost Song. Maybe that could change with Hollow Realization later this year.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Remind me again, which Gurren Lagann movie is the one to watch (i.e., not a recap)?

They're both "recaps" in a sense. The two movies are an alternate retelling of the series, with some things changed. More changes in the second movie than the first, though.

Jarate

Banned
If you're looking for a fun time like Gurren lagann, but want to watch it dubbed, I'd suggest Homeward Bound as they are essentially the same story!

I just looked at the current block and Love Live would be the 2nd best show if it were added

Wait, Dragon Ball. It would be the 2nd best show sometimes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's not even available on Dish

WHY CAN'T I EVER GET CHANNELS WITH ANIME ON THEM UUGGGHHHHHH #firstanimeproblems

tumblr_mxmr9owZo11slai41o1_400.gif

Submit to your rightful idol overlords.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Fake Anime News" is the most trustworthy site when it comes to anime.

Unlike that awful site "Random Person News".

Jarate

Banned
People dont like Blanka because his plays style is pretty gimmicky and he's played by a lot of scrubby street fighter players

I dont think people mind his personatliy, and the action figure has been a part of everything Ono has done

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Love Live actually has females.

DBZ has.....Chichi.....& Bulma.....and................um................................Bulma's mom?

Though does Love Live even have males?

Line_HTX

I do not see DirectTV listed as having Mnet America. No wonder I never heard of it before.

Crisis averted.

Cristina Vee as Kotori and Erica Mendez (Ryuko/Yuuki) as Nico?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom