• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizerman

I just learned that yesterday, Funimation got the rights to One Piece Season 8, which covers
Marineford and the episodes that follow it leading into the timeskip
. Meaning Toonami has enough One Piece to last until Episode 516 (when it's dubbed of course)

That's pretty cool.

TUSR

Banned
cK0ZIU3.png
what.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was actually just thinking about MikeMyers!

I think it was you who pointed out to me that DBZ Kai spoilers
Goku doesn't win a single fight after Freezer until the very end of Buu Saga.

Jarate

Banned

He couldnt even beat that Jobber Pikkon

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nice. Biggest issue I'll have watching the next arc on Toonami is
twice where the war gets put on hold to give every character half an episode to themselves. Binging through it wasn't bad but I can see people losing interest while the main battle goes away for a month.

That's all canon though, also like three years away.

MikeMyers

Yup,
loses every fight in the Cell arc but he does defeat one of Babidi's henchemen early-on in the Buu arc. Unless you count reflecting Trunks sword with his finger as a fight

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yup,
loses every fight in the Cell arc but he does kill one of Babidi's henchemen early-on in the Buu arc. Unless you count reflecting Trunks sword with his finger as a fight

The neat thing about that fight (and it was the most recently aired episode so not a spoiler) is that Trunks believes Goku is much, MUCH stronger than him. One wonders just what three years of training Goku could have done if he didn't contract the heart virus. We only assume
The Nameless Namekian and Android 17
are stronger, though Goku seems to think so.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
On this date two years ago, the final episode of SAO Season 1 aired.

It also happens to be my birthday!

Thus, SAO never Canonically aired on Toonami, and we don't have to think of it as a serious Toonami Show?

It's you're Birthday, but apparently, you're giving US gifts!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Thus, SAO never Canonically aired on Toonami, and we don't have to think of it as a serious Toonami Show?

It's you're Birthday, but apparently, you're giving US gifts!

That year not only did I have a cold, but the power went out during Inuyasha!

MikeMyers

The neat thing about that fight (and it was the most recently aired episode so not a spoiler) is that Trunks believes Goku is much, MUCH stronger than him. One wonders just what three years of training Goku could have done if he didn't contract the heart virus. We only assume
The Nameless Namekian and Android 17
are stronger, though Goku seems to think so.

Another thing I noticed about Goku is
Kid Buu is literally the first and only time you see him kill someone in the Kai era

Moaradin

Nice. Biggest issue I'll have watching the next arc on Toonami is
twice where the war gets put on hold to give every character half an episode to themselves. Binging through it wasn't bad but I can see people losing interest while the main battle goes away for a month.

Eh. That stuff was actually good and it's canon. We lived through months worth of filler episodes in the middle of Enies Lobby. We'll be fine.

More often than not, we get a cut ending.
I know that, but this is a Dandy-like situation so
  • They probably can't touch that Kanji without making a whole new ED.
  • They might not even have the license to air any of that

Then again, even if it is like Dandy, we convinced Demarco to somehow make Viva Namida happen..................................and FUNi's on the production committee, so I guess they can do some magical shit.
0997b.png

Have you done a mock OP for DW? Whatever you do will probably be better than FUNi.

naw, I have yet to even watch the show

Raxus

More often than not, we get a cut ending.

Have you done a mock OP for DW? Whatever you do will probably be better than FUNi.

It's weird we have 2 DW shows now.

If we lose the ending to DimW I wouldn't be too upset. It kinda sucks.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Gonna celebrate the end of my birthday by watching more One Piece. Should catch up to the DVD releases tonight. They've really been dubbing it furiously these past two years.

Kirito was just some random dude in the past few episodes. Also the show has been filled with DBZA actors lately!

I'm as Dandy as Season two, reairing never on TOONAMI!

That's not Dandy! That's not Dandy at all! ;_;

Also, Funimation uploaded a BRIEF trailer for their release of Garo the Animation.
It's decently edited, but it doesn't give me a feel for the voice actors. Still gonna get it.
(Vic Mignona is playing Mendoza.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom