• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Bring all the animes based on fighting games to Toonami......or something.

Despite Funimation sugar coating it, the Blazblue anime is BEYOND an atrocity.

Plus, it's just a different telling of Calamity Trigger anyway, meaning it's only the beginning of a very long plotline.

Now I don't know about the Neptunia anime, but I'm guessing that one is silly also.

vPQoqWu.gif

The Blazblue anime was so fucking bad.

"I got an idea. Let's make an anime based on a fighting game where no one fights!"

"That....is....BRILLIANT! Here's 20 dollars for the animation budget!"

Mizerman

I might be the only one but maaaaaaaaaaaaaan I don't give a fuck about fighting game single players.

Same.

I mean, I can understand why some people would like to play single player content in a fighter, but I want to make sure that the gameplay is competent first and foremost.

Though it's still kinda funny that people tend to pump up MKX as the shining beacon of single player content when Midway/NRS were doing this for years now.

The Blazblue anime was so fucking bad.

"I got an idea. Let's make an anime based on a fighting game where no one fights!"

"That....is....BRILLIANT! Here's 20 dollars for the animation budget!"

They had one job. Couldn't even do that right.

Guys, i know this is off topic but I could use some help from my buds. I'm looking to buy a tv for my room and i'm kinda eyeing an Insignia one. Anyone have any experience with the brand?

Seda

Guys, i know this is off topic but I could use some help from my buds. I'm looking to buy a tv for my room and i'm kinda eyeing an Insignia one. Anyone have any experience with the brand?

Insignia is Best Buy's 'upper' store brand (the lower being Dynex). They use mostly LG parts, or at least they used to. Ultimately, they're a good value brand.

I have a small Insignia 19 inch I use as a spare and it's totally fine. edit: The speakers are the worst part of it, but kinda expected for a tiny LED TV.

Insignia is Best Buy's 'upper' store brand (the lower being Dynex). They use mostly LG parts, or at least they used to. Ultimately, they're a good value brand.

I have a small Insignia 19 inch I use as a spare and it's totally fine. edit: The speakers are the worst part of it, but kinda expected for a tiny LED TV.

Thanks for the help, Seda ol' pal!

Oh, the game isn't working?

Well, good thing they had the beta.

If they didn't, your system probably would have bursts into flames or something.

bigkrev

Managed to connect and set up my ID (Find me! skrefetz), but could not connect to a match.

I'm going to bed. Probably will go buy one of those Madcatz controllers tomorrow, because the dpad on my Xbox One controller is starting to wear out

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Brother and I played at our local Gamestop Tourney for SFV. He and I both got beat by a very solid Rashid in Quarter Finals. Which kinda makes me a bit mad, because he might have been the most technical player there, lol. Even over the winners. He had off the wall crossup techs and very solid frametraps. I wanted to fight some guys I could kinda BS on, at least before getting THAT serious, ha.

Otherwise, good times. A new era of fighting begin again.... a few days ago...

... a new fight begin for me again. This is the time known as the troubles.

The grand prize winner received a free pair of Chun Li Socks! ... Apparently, it was mistakenly said they'd give away a season pass... (-_-; )

TUSR

Banned
Brother and I played at our local Gamestop Tourney for SFV. He and I both got beat by a very solid Rashid in Quarter Finals. Which kinda makes me a bit mad, because he might have been the most technical player there, lol. Even over the winners. He had off the wall crossup techs and very solid frametraps. I wanted to fight some guys I could kinda BS on, at least before getting THAT serious, ha.

The grand prize winner received a free pair of Chun Li Socks! ... Apparently, it was mistakenly said they'd give away a season pass... (-_-; )
i have naruto socks

Mizerman

K.O!

Puruzi

Banned
just watched the gravity falls finale and goddamnit

cried a little, def the best western cartoon in a long time, really bummed that it's done

BBboy20

Have you played it online? The 1 major time I tried, The Lobby I kept making continually closed on it's own while I was training in it (.....). Then I got into a Mirror match of Ethicka VS herself, and the other player way outplayed me in lag for the first round, and before I could try getting used to it in R2, the fight dropped.

Maybe it's a lot like Aquapazza, where player matches can lead to wildly different results... *shrug*

I'm a very obvious "SAB-CA" on PSN, haha. We should fight sometime!
I haven't opened my copy yet. Zonic was playing last night though.

so I just saw that that was the original character design sketch for the Scooby Doo gang all the way back in 1966

how the fuck

this looks better than most modern cartoons

what went wrong
That is, indeed, some dope posing.

The fuck?

That looks legit as fuck.

The best US animation in a long time.

What do we have left?

Steven Universe (infinite droughts between bombs)
Friendship is Magic (off season break)
RWBY(lol) (off season break)

rip
We Bare Bears is fantastic so far. Star Vs The Forces of Evil is like a western interpretation of Sailor Moon X FLCL (or, at the very least, the other Steven Universe)....shit, that's it though.

I am reminded of the failure that was Splatoonami
Smash & X as well.

Man, Nitroplus, Pokken, MKXL, future acquisition of SFV, and who knows what else later on.... this year might be it for me to finally play fighters regularly because MVC3 & Persona Arenas have been it for me in the last 6 years and I ended up rarely playing them.

bigkrev

Didn't they say there won't be a Super? Oh wait, they said that with IV...

They are doing DLC in perpetuity for this game. I wouldn't be surprised to see them refresh the disc every year or so.

I got 2 online matches this morning! I clearly don't know how to play this game because I got my ass kicked

bigkrev

It sucks that the fighting game community has basically accepted shitty business practices like that.

???
It's no different from League or something like that. They will be adding new characters to this game for years. Instead of making it F2P, you have to buy in with a chunk of 16 characters first. You can unlock DLC with in game currency.

???
It's no different from League or something like that. They will be adding new characters to this game for years. Instead of making it F2P, you have to buy in with a chunk of 16 characters first. You can unlock DLC with in game currency.

And I really dislike League's method of handling transactions too. I wish fighting games would adopt the Dota model. Give the character for free, and make the costumes cheaper.
The fans who love the game would go nuts for that.

For the bolded, do we know how fair that system is going to be?

Regiruler

Smash is too easy
SF is too grindy

Remember when there were reasonable character unlock systems? Brawl felt like the last good one.

bigkrev

And I really dislike League's method of handling transactions too. I wish fighting games would adapt the Dota model. Give the character for free, and make the costumes cheaper.
The fans who love the game would go nuts for that.

For the bolded, do we know how fair that system is going to be?

My guess when they first announced the system was it would take between 10-30 hours of playing to make enough money to unlock a new character, which, at a rate of 1 character a month, would be trivial to people who got into the game. No characters are up yet so we can't tell yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom