• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet if they called it Persona 5 no one would blink an eye. Double standards. Probably sell 200k as well.

I think it's more that we didn't get the SMT X FE crossover we expected. People expected the actual SMT and FE character to meet with one another and that never happened. And in the 2013 reveal trailer they showcased the lords for Elibe and Tellius yet the only FE characters in the game are from Awakening or Marth's games.

People are really, really upset that the game that showed up once in a form that was nothing more then a slideshow and then went dark for three years SHOCKINGLY never saw the light of day.

But maybe they shouldn't have announced it so early.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think it's more that we didn't get the SMT X FE crossover we expected. People expected the actual SMT and FE character to meet with one another and that never happened. And in the 2013 reveal trailer they showcased the lords for Elibe and Tellius yet the only FE characters in the game are from Awakening or Marth's games.

As a fan of SMT and Fire Emblem I get why people felt bamboozled. They showed a vague concept and something else came of it, but if you're fixated on that idea (Most likely a Fire Emblem world where the portal to hell opens and demon summoning happens, turn based, either strat or regular RPG)

It amuses me because they decided to chase the Persona money and failed completely at doing so. They really should have just rebadged it as PersonaxFE.

People are really, really upset that the game that showed up once in a form that was nothing more then a slideshow and then went dark for three years SHOCKINGLY never saw the light of day.

But maybe they shouldn't have announced it so early.

Announcing #FE as early as they did was probably the worst thing they could have done for the game. IIRC They had only just started development when the game was announced. Had they announced it when development was moving forward the game might have been better received or at least received a less hostile reaction.

Seda

2016 is a big transition year for me (PhD and all that), so anything that happens after, say, June or so I have basically no idea what I'll be doing, where I'll be living, If I'll have any money etc.

It's kinda funny thinking abut these games that'll be coming out later and realizing my life is going to be totally different by the time they release. Coming up fast.

Nothing will ever match the fever dreams people make up to fill an announcement and massive gap.

SMT x FE pretty much already exists, and its called Devil Survivor.

2016 is a big transition year for me (PhD and all that), so anything that happens after, say, June or so I have basically no idea what I'll be doing, where I'll be living, If I'll have any money etc.

It's kinda funny thinking abut these games that'll be coming out later and realizing my life is going to be totally different by the time they release. Coming up fast.

Godspeed Seda.

TUSR

Banned

Goodluck.

I shall take your spot. Make my name red.

Mizerman

I salute you.

Also the dub-by-you pun doesn't really work, sorry Imperial.

Feel free for other suggestions

kU11F.gif

Soulflarz

Banned
that localization conversation is going to be fun/awful

certainly awful

Do you want to deal with both the FE fans and the persona fans? The ones who actively will not buy a game if they take out...petting? :X
In reality, the fanbases on GAF have huge overlap I'm sure.
I know the localization has some issues in fates I just find the whole boycotting thing to be largely pointless since NoA don't care.

Crocodile

Unless this is a gross mischaracterization of that character what's the issue?

LICH KING DEMARCO ‏@Clarknova1 11m11 minutes ago

Ya boi, in a cab in Tokyo, feeling extremely jet lagged

Dude looks like death. I hope the trip is fruitful.

Not as bad as the SF V ass slap removal but keeping Laura's story mode outfit in. Just look that up if you don't know.

Wow, that is silly.

I would love to hear an explanation for why that's fine, but Mika's ass slap wasn't.

Even looking at the release of SFV, Capcom is a big ol ball of "say one thing and do the complete opposite".

I know that feel. Even trying to get my committee all in one place during the summer to schedule my defense has been like pulling teeth. I hope I can get everything wrapped up well before August.

Regiruler

I didn't know you could have a Doctorate in anime.

TUSR

Banned
Best of luck to you, Seda. Didn't know you were gonna be a real doctor.

Are you unable to read?

I suck for not reading for years... :(
not fake doctor?

ive been trying to memorize as many as I can (>100 is the goal) and it becomes difficult.

Jarate

Banned
I remember taking a Japanese class in College

Did well with the numbers, but then the letters showede up and it was AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Line_HTX

not fake doctor?

ive been trying to memorize as many as I can (>100 is the goal) and it becomes difficult.

Like everything else, grammar and sentence structure are the most difficult for me, as well as verbage.

I'm lucky that I knew some kanji beforehand because of learning Chinese growing up, so I got a little boost there, haha

Seda

Code:
DRAGON BALL Z KAI ADSM 12:00 AM [B]1,350[/B] 0.6
AKAME GA KILL ADSM 12:30 AM [B]1,110[/B] 0.5
PARASYTE ADSM 1:00 AM [B]905[/B] 0.4
SAMURAI CHAMPLOO ADSM 1:30 AM [B]837[/B] 0.4
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN ADSM 2:00 AM [B]797 [/B]0.4
ONE PIECE ADSM 2:30 AM [B]705[/B] 0.3
KILL LA KILL ┐(ツ)┌

Jarate

Banned
Code:
DRAGON BALL Z KAI ADSM 12:00 AM [B]1,350[/B] 0.6
AKAME GA KILL ADSM 12:30 AM [B]1,110[/B] 0.5
PARASYTE ADSM 1:00 AM [B]905[/B] 0.4
SAMURAI CHAMPLOO ADSM 1:30 AM [B]837[/B] 0.4
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN ADSM 2:00 AM [B]797 [/B]0.4
ONE PIECE ADSM 2:30 AM [B]705[/B] 0.3
KILL LA KILL ┐(ツ)┌

AGK finale looks like it did fairly well, rest of the numbers are fine

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm... assuming this was a glitch. An oversight in the countless support conversations they had to translate and rewrite.

Could be the dots were a placeholder and they just forgot to input the actual conversation.

Have the said anything about this one?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nintendo just can't go a single week without some new kind of issue brought up about its localization on this game, can it?

TUSR

Banned
that tweet makes me wonder two things

how long are the placeholder conversations? The exchange of dialogue in the NA version is much shorter than the JP version.

did they simply just forget? between localizing multiple versions, I'm sure something could have slipped through the cracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom