• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Hell McDowell appeared in God's Not Dead as Satan I believe.

Guy may star in complete shit but he owns in everything his is in.

I am not even mad. I love that man.

Crocodile

Death Note seems like something that would work better as a Netflix series rather than a movie. It also seems like something that could work in PG-13 though.

Line_HTX

The only role I recognize from McDowell is Admiral Tolwyn in the Wing Commander games, especially his riveting performance in the 4th game, The Price of Freedom.

Ponn

Banned
So I like Psycho Pass, excited for the VN announcement and in my email today I get Funimation promoting the movie in select theaters. It just happens to be playing in one theater in my town for one night on March 15th. I suffer from severe anxiety disorder though so i'm conflicted. It' would be my type of crowd but i'm still afraid of it being packed and I wouldn't enjoy it.

R-rated Death Note works perfectly since all the angsty teenagers who were into it when it was popular are old enough to buy movie tickets for R-rated stuff now!

(I say this with no judgment as one of those angsty teens).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For some reason, "Final Destination" entered my head as well when I heard "R-rated Death Note" since the logic would be "make a really complex death to make it seem like it was a freak accident" or something. But yeah, I kind of hope they don't make the deaths the stand-out of the film since it was more about the build-up & figuring out HOW he was going to have the person killed than the deaths themselves, again, save for a few key moments.

Regiruler

*goes to find cover of 1995 American film, finds it was straight-to-video*

Wow, didn't know it didn't show in theaters.

I feel like Death Note, if handled very carefully, COULD work in live-action (but then again, I haven't seen any of the live-action Japanese films), but I don't know how to feel about it being PG-13 vs. R when you could consider the fact the ways certain people die would change the rating. But then again, it was more of the thrill of "is Light going to get caught?" & "how is he going to get away with writing down names in the book?" compared to "how is this person going to die?" for the most part, save for a few key characters.

The 1st movie was good, IMO. Haven't seen the other two.

This wins IMO.

...Damn it.

....Damn that's good.

Fuck this is good.

tumblr_mofz5daEPJ1qixfalo1_500.gif

My wordplay actually hit this time.

I really fucking hate when I get spoiled about something when reading something about a different game in the series.
Pretty sure I've been spoiled of at least one part about one of the endings for Fates.
So fucking pissed off about that.

TUSR

Banned
I really fucking hate when I get spoiled about something when reading something about a different game in the series.
Pretty sure I've been spoiled of at least one part about one of the endings for Fates.
So fucking pissed off about that.
you cant even use spoiler tags right lol

your spoiler etiquette

so ive been sick all day and decided to watch anime, and i got to say, eva 3.33 has such a fantastic music score. after i finished it i just put that soundtrack on repeat and have been listening to it ever since

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom