• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ugh, we got S1 to air three times, yet S2 only aired ONCE. I share your frustration considering it felt like S2 had a much more solid line-up of episodes.

Still waiting for Funimation to just bundle both seasons together in one pack.

Regiruler

I am struggling to remember the name of an anime I didn't even like and didn't even see a full episode of, and it's driving me nuts.

It was dubbed by funimation and had a race of furries as most of the characters, with a non-furry zorro guy being the mc.

Line_HTX

I am struggling to remember the name of an anime I didn't even like and didn't even see a full episode of, and it's driving me nuts.

It was dubbed by funimation and had a race of furries as most of the characters, with a non-furry zorro guy being the mc.

I got nothing. You sure it was Funi?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

I looked through their catalog, but nothing what you described appears on their list/thumbnail.

Sure it was Funimation? How old/recent was it?

Regiruler

It's less "I need help finding this" and moreso surprise that it was bothering me as much as it did.

If you guys dont know of it off the top of your head that's fine, was just seeing if I could get a quick resolution.

I don't give two shits about the Oscars, but Mad f***ing Max Fury Road right now:

CRvZK3FUAAAI2X5.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*sees Sentai has Tonari no Seki-kun* Nooooooo.

*sees they dubbed it* NOOOOOOOOO.

Also damn it, Sentai, have it so I can easily browse your catalog alphabetically, not 9 giant box arts in random order or having to click each individual letter.

But yeah, sorry, I can't find anything related to what you're describing.

Line_HTX

Nozaki-kun got dubbed also. Monica Rial as Kashima though...

At least she didn't get casted for Chiyo like that initial trailer from way long ago, haha

Also damn it, Sentai, have it so I can easily browse your catalog alphabetically, not 9 giant box arts in random order or having to click each individual letter.

Whats wrong with Seki kun dub, he only grunts.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Part of the humor of that series is the reactions from Yokoi & the delivery of her lines. Granted, they only really need to dub her & a few other minor characters (I wonder if they would even bother with changing Seki since he doesn't really have actual dialogue), but I feel like Sentai would ruin part of the humor with the awful line reads.

I can't seem to find news over who will voice her, though. Suppose to be coming late April, so I feel like we should be hearing the "cast". Of course, I'll have to actually hear some clips to fully judge it, but because it's Sentai, I'm skeptical if they can pull it off.

bigkrev

It's SUPPOSED to be my Birthday today, but it's a leap year so I must wait one day more

Legit one of my favorite Mangas, I felt like they kind of missed on the show except for the credits, which were perfect

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Legit one of my favorite Mangas, I felt like they kind of missed on the show except for the credits, which were perfect
Given the premise, they did a great job thinking up new ideas & having it stay almost constantly funny. The fact each episode was really short also helped as well. I'll have to give the manga a read if it's even funnier than the anime.

Sonicbug

Utawarerumono?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well people did COMMAND for more CONKER, so they're just giving you what you asked for!

All seriousness, I imagine the design/decision was done to appeal to a wider audience, not just the M-rated crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom