• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Why is this random ass monster here? Just a weak excuse for the sisters to team up briefly?

There's a difference from spoilers in the general conscious, and from spoiling plot details that show up immediately in the currently airing episode.

The episode is from a show that is a worldwide phenomenon and is older than some people in this thread. Furthermore, DBZ is not the type of show where knowing future spoilers actually negatively impacts ones enjoyment or understanding of the show. It's not a show with mystery or shock value or whatever.

giphy.gif

This show isn't even that bad. If it was as bad as most of you describe it it would be a lot more interesting!

It's bad in the worst way though - its boring :/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well...........okay.........that happened.

& now back to the main event? So what was the damn point of that danger beast?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
What rule are you referring too?

Basic filmmaking principle. When action is established between two characters/things/whatever on camera, the camera should remain on one side of an imaginary line between the two. This establishes spatial relationships and keeps the audience oriented in the fictional world.

Of course, like any rule, especially in art, it's made to be broken, but you should only be breaking it with deliberate intent. For example, if something spooky or surreal is happening and you want to deliberately put the audience on edge, you can try breaking the line.

The way AGK was doing it earlier, though, was just sloppy camera work as two characters talked and the camera just changed perspective all over the place for no reason.

By the way, talking about the minutiae of cinematography is way more entertaining than what's going on on-screen.

It'd be like if Anakin and Obi Wan stopped fighting to deal with a lava monster that appeared out of nowhere and then started fighting again.

Soulflarz

Banned
Basic filmmaking principle. When action is established between two characters/things/whatever on camera, the camera should remain on one side of an imaginary line between the two. This establishes spatial relationships and keeps the audience oriented in the fictional world.

Of course, like any rule, especially in art, it's made to be broken, but you should only be breaking it with deliberate intent. For example, if something spooky or surreal is happening and you want to deliberately put the audience on edge, you can try breaking the line.

The way AGK was doing it earlier, though, was just sloppy camera work as two characters talked and the camera just changed perspective all over the place for no reason.

By the way, talking about the minutiae of cinematography is way more entertaining than what's going on on-screen.

This was interesting and taught me much more than the rest of the show will, thank you. Please continue with these so I don't die of boredom.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I could be playing Digimon right now...
I'm honestly impressed how popular that game is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom